Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I Can Do Without It

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 07, 2010
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
In Wizard101, what is the one world you can do without and why?

As of now, I can do without Grizzleheim. It's so random and out of the way that it completely ruins the Spiral's homeostasis. my main problem with it is there's never a good time to do it! Unfortunately, I can't do it all when I'm a low-level. Trying to gain XP from Grizzleheim when you're a high-level is mundane and frustrating. I also personally find it annoying going back and forth between Grizzleheim and whatever storyline world I'm on because I like to start a world and finish it. I don't know if this will change when Wintertusk comes out, but if I had a Planet Buster from a certain alien game, the bears, ravens, and wolves would be in big trouble.

Note: Please stop justifying the fact that you can do without world 'x' because it's "dreary" or "depressing".

I agree with GH, it wasn't really something I loved. I didn't like it that after you finish frostholm in vigrid, you don't do anything, I usually start a world and finish it. I kinda didn't like KT because of all the chain quests, it was kind of annoying. Otherwise, I loved all the worlds, my favorite world was DS, it was a little depressing, but it was fun, and challenging.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
kwikkar wrote:
one world i REALLY didnt like was celestia. everyone says its easy and fun and awesome but it was so HARD. i always died, the bosses always did critical spells on me and i still dont understand it all. the legendary clothes dont give a card and i dont like the looks of it very well. it takes forever to level and its pretty much impossible to do if you dont have someone helping you all the time. criticals shouldnt exist because it gives the person who goes first an advantage. polymorphs are silly. i dont even get why star school exist because we already have blades and traps. and the storyline isnt very interesting either. enemies have too many power pips at the start of battles. the bosses cheat and make you redo your whole style of fighting that you are already used to. so yes i really wish i could have skipped celestia and some of the new 58 spells arent very interesting to me either.

Obviously you don't like Celestia, but I don't know if it's for the right reasons. It really isn't hard if you have the right strategy. It's all about strategy in Celestia. I can't say much about always getting hit with critical spells; I wasn't that unlucky, but even when I did get hit with criticals I still had a substantial amount of life left. I'll admit the clothing was ugly, but did it really matter so much that the clothes didn't come with a card? The Lvl. 58 amulets came with two cards, which is good enough for me! I like that Celestia encourages teamwork; if not, why is Wizard101 a MMORPG? My Sorcerer gave up his secondary and tertiary schools to learn moon magic and star magic, and I find them to be very useful (by the way, blades, although they don't expire, only work once; an aura's effect lasts 4 rounds and effects every attack made in those rounds). Here I'll have to agree again; the storyline was confusing and boring. Lastly, the bosses aren't as terrible as you make them out to be; you just have to realize what their patterns are, and if at first you don't succeed try again.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
icewing43 wrote:
Geez, do all of your forums end up as verbal arguements back and forth?
lol.

- Oran Titanrider, Grandmaster Thaumaturge

How has this thread turned into a "verbal argument"? If you have nothing to add to the topic, don't comment.