Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I Can Do Without It

AuthorMessage
Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
In Wizard101, what is the one world you can do without and why?

As of now, I can do without Grizzleheim. It's so random and out of the way that it completely ruins the Spiral's homeostasis. my main problem with it is there's never a good time to do it! Unfortunately, I can't do it all when I'm a low-level. Trying to gain XP from Grizzleheim when you're a high-level is mundane and frustrating. I also personally find it annoying going back and forth between Grizzleheim and whatever storyline world I'm on because I like to start a world and finish it. I don't know if this will change when Wintertusk comes out, but if I had a Planet Buster from a certain alien game, the bears, ravens, and wolves would be in big trouble.

Note: Please stop justifying the fact that you can do without world 'x' because it's "dreary" or "depressing".

Mastermind
Jan 01, 2010
Totally respect your opinion and I agree GH is a difficult one because it doesn't fit in well with the arch of the game. But as a world, it is pretty cool!. The scenery and landscape is great, especially Ravenscar. And the quests play well.

I find that waiting a few levels beyond what was intended is a good way to play it (e.g., do the first part at level 24-25). And if you play it after having played a good portion of whatever world you are in, it makes a nice break, sort of a little vacation! And since each sessions plays fast (did the second part in a couple hours this weekend) it doesn't take too much time out of the mainline game.

I actually like all the worlds, but believe it or not, my least favorite is Dragonspyre! It's so dark and depressing. My favorite part is when you get to go back in time and can see what it looked like before. Then I would have loved it!

Anyway, don't write off GH. Have fun!

Squire
Apr 30, 2010
My life is doing Grizzleheim my other two that are able to do it aren't doing it until I'm ready to do it. They might do it before they get to Celestia.

Survivor
Nov 19, 2010
Mastermind
Dec 21, 2009
I actually really like all of the worlds. But, if I had to get rid of one, it would be Mooshu. It was just too easy.

Survivor
Dec 08, 2009
I could do without Marleybone. Yeah its awesome But it just doesnt cut it. If you havent noticed its all about getting the Krokinomicon back :x and Mooshu is just to heal Emperor Yoshito Wizard City Krokotopia and Dragonspyre are all good and have good storylines.

Cody LegendBlade:Master of Ice(lvl 49)

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:

As of now, I can do without Grizzleheim. It's so random and out of the way that it completely ruins the Spiral's homeostasis. my main problem with it is there's never a good time to do it! Unfortunately, I can't do it all when I'm a low-level. Trying to gain XP from Grizzleheim when you're a high-level is mundane and frustrating. I also personally find it annoying going back and forth between Grizzleheim and whatever storyline world I'm on because I like to start a world and finish it. I don't know if this will change when Wintertusk comes out, but if I had a Planet Buster from a certain alien game, the bears, ravens, and wolves would be in big trouble.

I agreed. I really don't like Grizzleheim at all. It is really strange, every quest being just 195- XP per quest. And, you have to do some pretty hard quests such as the Hall of Valor one, just for a tiny reward of 195 XP.

Delver
Feb 25, 2010
Keep in mind that GH is an optional quest and you don't have to do it. I liked GH myself.

Squire
Apr 30, 2010
Marleybone took my life wizard forever but it didn't take forever with my death because I skipped some of the side quests. I'm going to go back and do them.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
IvoryJade wrote:
Keep in mind that GH is an optional quest and you don't have to do it. I liked GH myself.

I liked Grizzleheim too; I just wish it was part of the main storyline. The only reason Grizzleheim even comes up in the game is because Ambrose tells us how we're in desperate need of allies.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
IvoryJade wrote:

I liked Grizzleheim too; I just wish it was part of the main storyline. The only reason Grizzleheim even comes up in the game is because Ambrose tells us how we're in desperate need of allies.

Just a reminder...Grizzleheim used to be "optional", but with Wintertusk coming out, it is required now.
--------------------------------------------------
This was a reply posted by Baldur GoldPaws on March 22, 2011 (11:23 a.m.) in the Ravenwood section of the message boards:

"Let me follow up with a little more information.

1. Yes, you will be required to complete Grizzleheim before you can enter Wintertusk.

2. No, there will not be a raise in the level cap.

3. Yes, players who are over level 58 will be able to obtain their pet.

4. No, the Selena Gomez quest/rewards will not be returning.

5. Yes, players who have reached Legendary will be able to obtain their new school spell.

6. Wintertusk storyline has nothing to do with the Morganthe story line. The horn in Grandmother Raven’s hand has no bearing on the prophecy."

Delver
Dec 06, 2009
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:

As of now, I can do without Grizzleheim. It's so random and out of the way that it completely ruins the Spiral's homeostasis. my main problem with it is there's never a good time to do it! Unfortunately, I can't do it all when I'm a low-level. Trying to gain XP from Grizzleheim when you're a high-level is mundane and frustrating. I also personally find it annoying going back and forth between Grizzleheim and whatever storyline world I'm on because I like to start a world and finish it. I don't know if this will change when Wintertusk comes out, but if I had a Planet Buster from a certain alien game, the bears, ravens, and wolfs would be in big trouble.

I completely agree with you, but Grizzleheim represents in some way the World of Ice, and I love the School of Ice ...

But I'd still remove it if I had to. It has barely any experience that you get, but it wasn't meant to be a world for Players to go for the storyline. It was made so that if a Character didn't finish the side quests they could just go there and hopefully obtain the xp there.

I like the topic.

P.S. If you didn't read my latest post on my topic, I want you to check out some new spells you haven't seen and try to see if they're ok. I changed werewolf, kind of thought about it and thought it wasn't that good.

Defender
Jan 08, 2010
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:

As of now, I can do without Grizzleheim. It's so random and out of the way that it completely ruins the Spiral's homeostasis. my main problem with it is there's never a good time to do it! Unfortunately, I can't do it all when I'm a low-level. Trying to gain XP from Grizzleheim when you're a high-level is mundane and frustrating. I also personally find it annoying going back and forth between Grizzleheim and whatever storyline world I'm on because I like to start a world and finish it. I don't know if this will change when Wintertusk comes out, but if I had a Planet Buster from a certain alien game, the bears, ravens, and wolfs would be in big trouble.

Theres quite a good solution to this. WINTERTUSK! yes i am a total fan of it. Btw when you are a high level you can do it in a day. I did. lol. The only thing i hate about it is the low xp. Especially since your fighting creatures, the four ravens idk their names off hand, have 4,000 health if i remember correctly. And thats each individual one too. and you get 150 xp for fighting and killing them? Hmm. I think you should do a little more changing to the gh xp. Cause if wintertusk is anything like gh, in status wise, you can forget me ever doing it for xp. id only d it for the enjoyment and to see what happens afterwards. :-)

Defender
Sep 28, 2010
addisoncrawford wrote:
Totally respect your opinion and I agree GH is a difficult one because it doesn't fit in well with the arch of the game. But as a world, it is pretty cool!. The scenery and landscape is great, especially Ravenscar. And the quests play well.

I find that waiting a few levels beyond what was intended is a good way to play it (e.g., do the first part at level 24-25). And if you play it after having played a good portion of whatever world you are in, it makes a nice break, sort of a little vacation! And since each sessions plays fast (did the second part in a couple hours this weekend) it doesn't take too much time out of the mainline game.

I actually like all the worlds, but believe it or not, my least favorite is Dragonspyre! It's so dark and depressing. My favorite part is when you get to go back in time and can see what it looked like before. Then I would have loved it!

Anyway, don't write off GH. Have fun!

Well yes dragonspyre is like that for a reason when the dragon titan came it completely deastroyed everything.It turned a lot of things into lava its really not dark and depressing for me i like it a whole lot.Anyways every world has a symbol for its school you can tell ds is fire for all the burnt things and all the lava.If you switched the world back into the past that would make no sense seriously rivers of water in a fire world.Anyways when people start doing ds things get serious so everyone quits being a noob.Ds is the best world in the game in my opinion because.You face malistaire here the whole reason you started the game in the first place.I seriously hope after wintertusk there is a new fire world no joke i hope there is ds was made back in 2009.But on which world that has 2 go i would vote gh.Hunter firebreath level 60 pyromancer

Mastermind
Oct 11, 2009
Well, you are going to need to finish Grizzlehiem if you want to get into Wintertusk. One of the update letters said that GH will need to be completed for access in WT. After I beat DS, I decided to finish GH because I wanted to beat it before CL came out, and I was already level 50 anyways...

If you have beat Celestia and are level 60, I would consider finishing Grizzlehiem for access in Wintertusk.

Defender
Jan 28, 2010
Dragonspyre I agree with addisoncrawford Its dark and depressing. To bad they didnt add a world where it was restored to its original beauty. Maybe the main plot of it could have been you need to save it from going back to the way it was. Some evil guy or girl got angry about it being restored. It's just an idea though would have been nice to see it restored.

Explorer
Oct 28, 2010
Fist, I just want to address all the players complaining that GH is an optional world that distracts from the main storyline. This is a GAME, everything about it is optional. Not killing Malistaire will not bring calamity to our world.

Furthermore, unless they change the first quests, all worlds and quests subsequent the defeat of Malistaire are optional to main story – seriously, the reason why people love CL is because of the new schools and massive experience awards. However, should KI create many more worlds, it is possible for them to tie multiple story arcs together thus eliminating the feeling of a pointless world.

With that being said, to answer the original poster, the one world I could do without is Wizard City. The first world is boring and very easy. The game truly gets interesting once you get to Krokotopia.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Honeybee313 wrote:
Just a reminder...Grizzleheim used to be "optional", but with Wintertusk coming out, it is required now.
This was a reply posted by Baldur GoldPaws on March 22, 2011 (11:23 a.m.) in the Ravenwood section of the message boards:

1. Yes, you will be required to complete Grizzleheim before you can enter Wintertusk.

5. Yes, players who have reached Legendary will be able to obtain their new school spell.

6. Wintertusk storyline has nothing to do with the Morganthe story line. The horn in Grandmother Raven’s hand has no bearing on the prophecy."

Yes, it is required...to get into a world that's also not part of the main storyline.

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
Marleybone

It is dark and dreary.
The characters your there to help are all asking you because they are too lazy to do it themselves. I don't mind at all helping ghosts or the downtrodden, or beings weaker than the invaders or what ever. But there is NOTHING wrong with these Marleybonians. And then the missions they send you on are in areas where the wandering foes are too sensitive and pull you into too many battles that you don't intend. Some I would be fine with, and I wouldn't care if it were situated in a place you'd like to be. But Marley is depressing.

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
Honeybee313 wrote:
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
IvoryJade wrote:

1 - Wintertusk is a Side World. It completes the storyline started with the first Side World, Grizzleheim.

2 - If you're finishing a story line for a Side World, it would make sense that for the next side world the first one would be required.

3 - Grizzleheim is still OPTIONAL, as is Wintertusk. If you don't want to do them, you don't HAVE to. Grow up and Stop Whining.

4 - GH was fun for its story. It has LOW XP because it's a SIDE WORLD and didn't come with a Cap Increase.

Explorer
Apr 20, 2009
one world i REALLY didnt like was celestia. everyone says its easy and fun and awesome but it was so HARD. i always died, the bosses always did critical spells on me and i still dont understand it all. the legendary clothes dont give a card and i dont like the looks of it very well. it takes forever to level and its pretty much impossible to do if you dont have someone helping you all the time. criticals shouldnt exist because it gives the person who goes first an advantage. polymorphs are silly. i dont even get why star school exist because we already have blades and traps. and the storyline isnt very interesting either. enemies have too many power pips at the start of battles. the bosses cheat and make you redo your whole style of fighting that you are already used to. so yes i really wish i could have skipped celestia and some of the new 58 spells arent very interesting to me either.

Explorer
Feb 13, 2011
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:

Note: Please stop justifying the fact that you can do without world 'x' because it's "dreary" or "depressing".

i know what you mean by planet buster, and you play spore too much.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
booga799 wrote:

Uh...I haven't played it in at least a year. I just remember that tool and how awesome it is.

Delver
Dec 06, 2009
Geez, do all of your forums end up as verbal arguements back and forth?
lol.

- Oran Titanrider, Grandmaster Thaumaturge

Explorer
Feb 13, 2011
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
booga799 wrote:

Uh...I haven't played it in at least a year. I just remember that tool and how awesome it is.

oh, okay join the club