Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Group farming

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 28, 2010
More and more group farming is taking place locking others out from playing .I think this is unfair and should be stopped.Farming should be for everyone and not be allowed to block others who are not in the group from playing which is causing arguments.

Survivor
May 04, 2009
dawg698 wrote:
More and more group farming is taking place locking others out from playing .I think this is unfair and should be stopped.Farming should be for everyone and not be allowed to block others who are not in the group from playing which is causing arguments.

Uh? Move to another realm? Or wait for the battle to end and step into the battle circle. Seriously, how is KI supposed to know when group farming is happening, or how do you recommend preventing it? Bust up the friends group or only allow one farming try per a set time limit? I don't see either happening.

Personally, I farm alone and if I need an empty spot, I move to another realm.

Survivor
Jan 28, 2010
Yes stop group farming I have as much right to farm as anyone and just move into the circle does not work all it takes is one to stand in circle and everyone not in the group can not join.This is taking place in celestial and 50% are below level 50.I am tired of being lol at and being called names when i can not join in battle and someone in group just slowly walks up and joins while i am on the circle.Just stop farming altogether not neede when it is abused.

Squire
Jan 21, 2010
Ah, no, group farming is not the problem. Bashing group farming will either have no effect, or will make players angry. Besides, you are not addressing the real problem.
Your, actual, problem is that the summoned bosses in storm riven are not in an instance area. Or perhaps you are after one of the bosses in the plaza of conquests? All of these bosses are out in the open and it is possible to get locked out by a large number of farmers. Jade Oni has a similar set up, but his summoning post is in an instance area. If some sigils were needed to get to these summoned bosses then an infinite number of groups could farm them. In fact and infinite number of groups could farm them from the same realm.

Yeah, I spent about an hour realm hopping, last night, until I could find a group that had and opening, and was willing to fight the eel boss, Thunder Fin. I wanted a celestian power orb for my garden. Everyone was either farming another boss or had no openings, with people already waiting.

Again:
I think your real petition should be to either put each of these bosses behind a set of sigils or move the whole pylon/crystal setup into it's own instance area.