Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Hey Adults, let's see if this works.

AuthorMessage
Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Ok. I have read all of the posts on this subject and it appears to be getting to a point that some of the CHILDREN seem to think that us ADULTS are being mean to them.

That is not the case. Many of us adults do have children and even grand children that do play this game. But there is a point where the adults would like to run with other adults too. And that is not being rude to children.

Solstice64, you are taking this whole subject out of context. There are some adults that do not have children or grand children playing and would just like to have the company of other adults when they do play. I myself am a grand mother and great grand mother and I would love to have some of my children, grand children and great grand children play with me. But they are not interested in the game so I play with both adults and children.

I do have children on my friends list and there is ONE condition to being there. That condition is that if their wizard has not earned (by that I mean completed ALL the quests required) the right to port to an area that my wizard may be in, then they don't....... I will help them get there by helping them with their quests. But don't port to me if I am in Celestia or any other area that they have not earned. I WILL NOT help ANYONE child or adult level by taking them to an area they have not earned that will help them level faster. My wizards and all of my friends have worked hard to get our wizards where they are and we did it by completing all quests required including side quests.

Sometimes the magic word is Please and Thank you. Most kids in this game don't know or don't care to use those words. In a few battles that I have helped children of all ages even in the teens, something would be said that came through being just a bunch of dots. That usually means they have said or tried to say something they shouldn't.

Now to put this back in perspective. The Author of this post also has a child that plays and I am sure she probably has a few friends she would like to run with that are other children instead of dad all the time. If he wants to run with just adults for a while, there is nothing wrong with that. I know of several parents that happen to be on my friends list that like to run with adults sometimes to and not just their children. But it works out well for them because they can still keep an eye on what is happening around their children while they are all playing.

The easiest way for Adults to meet other Adults in this game is to set up a meeting place, time frame and a realm. That does not mean that we are not will to help children but we would like time with adults too.

I know of at least one other Adult meeting place and approximate time. I also know that they do this to help other wizards with areas they can't do solo. The only requirement this group has other than possibly being polite, is that if you are going after a boss for instance, you at least try once to defeat that boss, then if you can't someone will help you.

As to the foul language, I don't care either what age they are. If they say, and I see it, I WILL REPORT THEM.

So if we can, let's please put this topic back in context and let everyone play and have a good time.

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
goldendragon18 wrote:
Ok. I have read all of the posts on this subject and it appears to be getting to a point that some of the CHILDREN seem to think that us ADULTS are being mean to them.

That is not the case. Many of us adults do have children and even grand children that do play this game. But there is a point where the adults would like to run with other adults too. And that is not being rude to children.

Solstice64, you are taking this whole subject out of context. There are some adults that do not have children or grand children playing and would just like to have the company of other adults when they do play. I myself am a grand mother and great grand mother and I would love to have some of my children, grand children and great grand children play with me. But they are not interested in the game so I play with both adults and children.

I do have children on my friends list and there is ONE condition to being there. That condition is that if their wizard has not earned (by that I mean completed ALL the quests required) the right to port to an area that my wizard may be in, then they don't....... I will help them get there by helping them with their quests. But don't port to me if I am in Celestia or any other area that they have not earned. I WILL NOT help ANYONE child or adult level by taking them to an area they have not earned that will help them level faster. My wizards and all of my friends have worked hard to get our wizards where they are and we did it by completing all quests required including side quests.

Sometimes the magic word is Please and Thank you. Most kids in this game don't know or don't care to use those words. In a few battles that I have helped children of all ages even in the teens, something would be said that came through being just a bunch of dots. That usually means they have said or tried to say something they shouldn't.

Now to put this back in perspective. The Author of this post also has a child that plays and I am sure she probably has a few friends she would like to run with that are other children instead of dad all the time. If he wants to run with just adults for a while, there is nothing wrong with that. I know of several parents that happen to be on my friends list that like to run with adults sometimes to and not just their children. But it works out well for them because they can still keep an eye on what is happening around their children while they are all playing.

The easiest way for Adults to meet other Adults in this game is to set up a meeting place, time frame and a realm. That does not mean that we are not will to help children but we would like time with adults too.

I know of at least one other Adult meeting place and approximate time. I also know that they do this to help other wizards with areas they can't do solo. The only requirement this group has other than possibly being polite, is that if you are going after a boss for instance, you at least try once to defeat that boss, then if you can't someone will help you.

As to the foul language, I don't care either what age they are. If they say, and I see it, I WILL REPORT THEM.

So if we can, let's please put this topic back in context and let everyone play and have a good time.

Goldendragon18, maybe an idea would be to avoid stuff like that. Or stop playing. Or just move to a lower populant place.

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
goldendragon18 wrote:
What goldendragon said, your post is long so I don't want to quote it.

Sleeping on this subject I do disagree on some of the things I said (though not all of them.) Though you also have to remember the fact that one of the things that hurts kids feelings the most is being left out. I don't mind things like WoW clubs or Football clubs or GATE clubs. Reason being is that if I had enough desire and put enough effort into it, I could becom0e part of any of those things (also a great life lesson, nearly anything can be achieved through time, effort, and a good attitude.) I strongly dislike things like boy/girl clubs, adult clubs, freckle clubs, or any kind of thing that I cannot be a part of, no matter what (yes, your guys probably would not appreciate it if I walked into the death tower in the pixie realm and tried to friend any adults there.) The reason is can I control being a kid, no, I can be and act mature, but no matter how much effort I put into it, I will become an adult in the same amount of time. I dislike birthrights just the same, it does not show me the things that many adults tell me (the time and effort thing...) My point is that I am insulted that adults are not allowing kids into whatever it is you guys are doing for one sole reason, we are kids! I do very much understand why you would want adult friends but still, you are going to a great length to achieve them which just makes me wonder "Why?" Also you must want a lot of adults on your friends list for I don't find it that hard to find adults for my adult friends I found without posting any kind of meeting place.

When you said "most kids in the game don't know or don't care to use these words." (Please and Thanks you.) Once again, you are stereotyping kids. You should never judge a book by its cover. (As in judging someone just for being a kid or a adult.) It is also true that many kids will use foul language cause they think it is "cool," but still, not all of us do

When you said many adults have kids and all the stuff you said about that. I don't see how this matter for any one with kids would love to play with there kids so I am blind to how that would effect what I am talking about.
I once had a friend on wizard101 who spent more time with his online adult friends then with his own kids.

Here is another thing I would like to point out. how do you know that one of you "adult friends" really isn't a kid and the only reason why s/he isn't telling you that they are one is from fear of you judging him/her differently.Sure you can say you know how adults act or you may completely trust their words but do I have a story for you! One of my adult friends thought I was 18+. Why, because I acted mature and didn't act like a stereotype kid. I would of told her I was a kid, but I never did until I trusted the she would not judge me differently (I feared that if I told her before she got to know me, she would not treat me the same. I know this can happen for I have seen it before.)

Sorry If I am insulting anyone, I know that the adults are not trying to be mean to us kids. It just really does hurt are feeling, we know you are not trying to hurt us, but it does anyways. Why? Just like I told you, becuase we hate being left out. If you haven't noticed, all kids that posted here

A: Were insulted.

B: pretended to be a adult. (I don't know this but how do you know that every poster here is what they say they are?)

-Solstice64
(I apologize now for any grammatical errors.)

Mastermind
Dec 21, 2009
991952 wrote:

Maybe we have played together. I had someone ask before they joined my fight the other night. Most kids are not that condiserate.

Not all of us kids are inconsiderate. Yes, I agree that a lot of them are, but not even most of us are rude or clueless. (Lol and some of us do ask before we barge in on your fight) I think a lot of the rudeness from kids comes from bad example at home or school. Lol thats where we need the adults to come into situations like Wizard101 and set a better example.

Survivor
Apr 25, 2009
I'll start looking in the death tower/pixie realm/top of the hour in the evenings to join up with other adults also. And yes, I will also friend non-adults that show a moderate level of maturity.

I don't think it's necessarily a problem with adults not wanting to play with kids. With me at least it's more that I don't expect a kid to act like an adult. When I take my son to karate or my girls to dance class, the parents tend to get together and talk about things that most kids aren't interested in - news of the day/hobbies/politics/cars/parenting. It's just a differant type of conversation than I would have with most kids. Adults tend to have more in common with other adults.

I have no problem with kids acting like kids - they don't need to grow up any faster than they already are. Let kids be kids. If the more mature ones (as some are that have posted on this thread) want to friend me, that's fine with me.

Survivor
Mar 20, 2010
Back to the first message. do you guys meet up at the Death Tower in Pixie Realm? When? Where is Death Tower? The place behind the waterfall where the death tree is?

I am looking for mature players. by that I mean actions, not age. I am soon to be a grandmother but just want to play with people who just enjoy playing the game.

I am an Ice/Life level 40 in Mooshu and just had to delete a friend who kept porting to me in the middle of a street fight adding another bad guy and since he only has 791 health he would mostly cast wand bolts and heal!

The game is getting harder and I am learning I really need some friends for some of the bigger battle and would love mature friends of any age to play with. I'll start going to the death tree at the top of an hour in the evening when I play. Is there a code word! tee hee

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
I don't think it's necessarily a problem with adults not wanting to play with kids. With me at least it's more that I don't expect a kid to act like an adult. When I take my son to karate or my girls to dance class, the parents tend to get together and talk about things that most kids aren't interested in - news of the day/hobbies/politics/cars/parenting. It's just a differant type of conversation than I would have with most kids. Adults tend to have more in common with other adults.

I have no problem with kids acting like kids - they don't need to grow up any faster than they already are. Let kids be kids. If the more mature ones (as some are that have posted on this thread) want to friend me, that's fine with me.

Momin8r, you are right. It is not a problem. I really am not sure what the problem is. I am guessing that some of the kids seem to think we are trying to shut them out and that is not the case.

I agree that kids should act like kids they don't need to grow up any faster than what they are supposed to.

When you said "most kids in the game don't know or don't care to use these words." (Please and Thanks you.) Once again, you are stereotyping kids. You should never judge a book by its cover.

Ok. Solstice64, Maybe I should rephrase that because I am not trying to stereotype you or anyone else. As I have said before, I do have some kids on my list and don't have a problem with it. What I am saying is that more times than not, I have had a kid ask me for help with a battle (still not a problem), but when the battle is over, there is no THANKS. Instead, the player has quickly left without saying anything. When my friends and I play, we are always telling each other thank you and you are welcome. This goes for heals, shields, blades, or whatever another player has done to help. Maybe I am wrong because I am OLD SCHOOL and was raised to be polite to others. I am not saying that all kids are impolite, because that would be untrue. And that it is only kids because that is untrue to. Sorry if I offended you I am sorry. It was not my intention.

Goldendragon18, maybe an idea would be to avoid stuff like that. Or stop playing. Or just move to a lower populant place.

Now MMan17, As for moving to a lower populated place, I have done that more times than I can count. But the unfortunate problem is that you are going to find foul language just about anywhere but more so in the Commons areas. There are only 2 reasons I go to the Commons in WC. One is to go to the Pet Pavilion and the other is to get to the Bazaar. And it does not matter if you are in the very last perfect realm. The problem is still there.

Now back to the main idea of this posting. I would also like to meet other adults and will start going to the Death tower in Pixie realm as close to the top of the hour as I can. Just not sure which wizard I will be running at the time.

Defender
Aug 06, 2010
First of all, I have friends of ALL ages - menu chatters, text chatters and open chatters alike. If someone friends me that is open chat (no bubble next to their name) I know at least that they have proven to KI they are over 18 with a credit card.

Second, maturity is all relative. I've met some "wild college kids" that have been rude and I had to delete as friends. And when I first started, I had a super nice teenager give me lessons on dueling and deck set-up. I've also had a teenager ask me to be his girl, and upon learning I am 45, freaked out and said he needs to delete me as a friend - poor guy. I have met/friended several other adults on my own in different realms (ages 24 to 60) - simply by questing and just helping eachother out.

I've been in Malistaire's dungeon with 3 teens talking about homework assignments and the weekend. I've been in Briskbreeze with adults where converstions include families, some light flirting and teasing. I have no problems with both. Everyone - kids and adults - have their own levels of comfort and can engage whatever conversation they want. And everyone can control what kind of friends they want to keep or hang out with. SOME people just prefer to hang with other people around their age - whether that's 13, 24 or 37...

That being said, the point of the meeting set-up is to give adults an opportunity to make more adult friends. We cannot stop anyone from showing up there. So if younger players want to go there too, they can. And, just like anywhere else in the spiral, you can try to friend whoever you want... you'll either be accepted or not.

See you in the Spiral!
:-)
Nora RavenSong - level 60 balance
Ellie NightWeaver - level 60 death
Nora SeaStone - level 57 storm
Ellie WinterBane - level 17 ice

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
991952 wrote:
Back to the first message. do you guys meet up at the Death Tower in Pixie Realm? When? Where is Death Tower? The place behind the waterfall where the death tree is?

I am looking for mature players. by that I mean actions, not age. I am soon to be a grandmother but just want to play with people who just enjoy playing the game.

I am an Ice/Life level 40 in Mooshu and just had to delete a friend who kept porting to me in the middle of a street fight adding another bad guy and since he only has 791 health he would mostly cast wand bolts and heal!

The game is getting harder and I am learning I really need some friends for some of the bigger battle and would love mature friends of any age to play with. I'll start going to the death tree at the top of an hour in the evening when I play. Is there a code word! tee hee

Yes. you have all the directions right. Just when you go through the door turn right and the tower is right there.

I too am a grand mother and great grand mother. But I love playing this game. All of my wizards go by the name Fallon for first name. Hope to meet you there along with many other and the author of this post.

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
I apologize to any adults that I misunderstood on this thread. I completely understand why someone would want mature friends but can a adult give me a specific reason why a mature adult is a more preferable friend then a mature child.

I have done many pvps with people my age, and most of the time the battle ends with the word noob. For this reason I try to act as mature as I can (though I don't practice this much in the forums) simply because nobody appreciates immature behavior (note: I am not doing this because I want to look like an adult.) Point is that me and many other kids don't do this (though most do) so I strongly dislike being put into a "immature kid" category. When I read this topic, I thought the reason why you guys were asking for adults (not mature people in general) was because you guys thought adults were the only mature players, and I was wrong, sorry.

-Solstice64

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Solstice64 wrote:
I apologize to any adults that I misunderstood on this thread. I completely understand why someone would want mature friends but can a adult give me a specific reason why a mature adult is a more preferable friend then a mature child.

I have done many pvps with people my age, and most of the time the battle ends with the word noob. For this reason I try to act as mature as I can (though I don't practice this much in the forums) simply because nobody appreciates immature behavior (note: I am not doing this because I want to look like an adult.) Point is that me and many other kids don't do this (though most do) so I strongly dislike being put into a "immature kid" category. When I read this topic, I thought the reason why you guys were asking for adults (not mature people in general) was because you guys thought adults were the only mature players, and I was wrong, sorry.

-Solstice64

Very well said Solstice64.

And you are right about one thing. Just because someone is an adult, does not necessarily make them a mature person. I know because I had an adult recently on one of my wizards that was more childish than most of the kids playing this game.

We know that there are a lot of kids in this game that are very mature for their age. Kids still need to be kids too. Just don't try to grow up too fast. OK.

Have fun. That is what this is all about.

Fallon WinterLeaf

Defender
Aug 06, 2010
Solstice64 wrote:

-Solstice64

Case in point, and true story. I friended an 18 year old. Conversation turns to the subject of relationships. He is frustrated that he hasn't found the love of his life. I find myself giving him a more "maternal" advice on patience, and the need to focus on inner growth before rushing into any relationship.

Now, I didn't mind the conversation, and I'm happy to be a listening ear and offer any advice. But if I was having a conversation with an adult my age about relationships, I wouldn't be on "maternal" mode. The sheer fact that we are older, means we have literally experienced life more than a teenager, and therefore we can honestly say "I know what you mean." A younger person can only speculate if they have not gone through it.

So it's not to say a mature adult is a better friend than a mature kid. It's the fact that there is more common ground.

Don't be so quick to take it personally if an adult prefers adult company. I don't take it personally when a younger person prefers company their age. It's just human relations.

Survivor
Mar 20, 2010
Calling mataure players of all ages! I'm trying to get to the Death Tower in the Pixie Realm at the top of the hour when I play. Hope to see some of you there. All of my wizards are named Molly!