Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Hey Adults, let's see if this works.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 17, 2011
Many of you older players, ( I included) have express interest in friending up in the game. With all the different realms, and worlds within those realms, it's pretty hard to find each other. How about we throw out suggestions for meeting places, such as what realm and what world, and where within that world. As an example: Wizard City,Death School Tower,in Pixie Realm. My reasons for this, A lot of younger players thinks is scary and don't like going there. Pixie Realm is one of the less busy Realms. Since a lot of us have different work, time zones, etc. How about meeting on the hour. Just pop in, see if anyone there, that type of thing. I would really like to make more friends with adults. I am currently working Mooshu, and am lvl 38. My character name is Robert Dragonrider, pyro/life.

Another issue I have, is what I see going on in the game. I have a daughter who also plays the game, and I'm not too happy about what I'm reading in some of these chat discussions within the game. This is just my personal observation, but I think some parents aren't watching their kids too close. I don't want to be a bully, but an idea rolling around my head, would be something like parent police. Just something to consider, because I know KI is inundated as it is. We could walk up to them and tell them to knock it off or something to that effect. They even have boy, girl lists.

One other thing that was brought to my attention, is someone will want to friend you, say they are an adult, start talking about real life, try to get you into flirty discussions, and then report you. That's not cool at all.

Sorry if this is ranting to some of you, but just wanted to express some of my feelings. All I really want out of the game, is to go through the game with a bunch of friends, and having fun joking, and just general having a good time without being harassed.

Administrator
quicksilver6969 wrote:
Another issue I have, is what I see going on in the game. I have a daughter who also plays the game, and I'm not too happy about what I'm reading in some of these chat discussions within the game. This is just my personal observation, but I think some parents aren't watching their kids too close. I don't want to be a bully, but an idea rolling around my head, would be something like parent police. Just something to consider, because I know KI is inundated as it is. We could walk up to them and tell them to knock it off or something to that effect. They even have boy, girl lists.

One other thing that was brought to my attention, is someone will want to friend you, say they are an adult, start talking about real life, try to get you into flirty discussions, and then report you. That's not cool at all.

Sorry if this is ranting to some of you, but just wanted to express some of my feelings. All I really want out of the game, is to go through the game with a bunch of friends, and having fun joking, and just general having a good time without being harassed.

We want you to have fun too, and we want you to feel that your children are safe playing within this world we've created.

I just want to point out that you have enabled Open Chat on your account, however the child accounts have Text Chat only. What you see in the game is NOT the same as what they see. If they see (or you see) something that is inappropriate, please report it. Here are the guidelines which can also be found in the FAQ.

We appreciate that our players want to make Wizard City the best it can be, and we've placed the tools in your hand to report players for inappropriate behavior. We ask that you use the reporting feature to identify truly egregious behavior, such as creative profanity (swearing around the filters), solicitation of usernames/passwords, predatory threats, racist comments and other such actions as outlined in the Terms of Use. The old story of “the kid that cried wolf” has a lot of bearing in this situation and we trust that all reports received by players are valid and require support intervention.

Because false reporting can be construed and/or used as harassment of other players, we’d like to take a moment to ensure you are aware of what does NOT fall under the category of a reportable offense:

“S/he falsely reported me” or reporting someone for false reporting (2 wrongs don’t make a right)

“Won’t leave my house” (pick your friends wisely and avail yourself of the non-porting option)

“Being rude” (We’re sorry, we can’t enforce good manners. Use the ignore button liberally &/or change realms. It’s wholly up to you to choose to stay around someone that’s not nice to you.)

“Chain Stunning” (admittedly, it’s not much fun for the receiving team, but it’s not a violation of the game rules).

“Scamming” (KingsIsle will NEVER ask for treasure card(s) in exchange for a code. Trading “cards for codes” is done at the players’ own risk. Codes are either fully public or one time use)

“Spamming” (Although the Terms of Use mention spamming, it’s related to email/web posts. Yeah, it’s annoying in game and never of profound statement. Refer to “Being Rude”).

community@wizard101.com
Adherent
May 20, 2010
Telling somebody to stop being rude is almost never going to stop them. In many cases, it will result in ruder behavior.

As a side note: putting somebody on ignore blocks both their chat (menu, open, and adult) and all game-requests. This latter feature is handy for blocking people who spam you with friend requests.

Also note that the person on being ignored gets no indication of that from the game. That's a good idea (and one that not all MMORPGs implement), as it may prevent the ignored person from taking offense and logging into other wizards and/or accounts or asking friends to teleport, to continue to try to get to the target wizard.

Also, if things get bad enough, hiding chat bubbles and closing the chat window will effectively stop all communication. Going to another realm will also generally get rid of the problem.

Survivor
Jan 17, 2011
Hmm, you both missed my point. If I was to put on here, what I see in chat, it would never be posted. It's not the rudeness, it's the innuendos. It would make a grownup blush. And if I was to report it,that's all I would be doing. They only have the text chat, and they work around it. Go to the WC common area sometime, and just watch the chat. It doesn't even matter what realm. I don't turn the chat off, cause I need my friends and family who are in different parts of the spiral to get a hold of me, and to do fights together. The lists aren't long enough to block that many of them. And yes I have to go through there to get to the Bazaar. If there was a Bazaar on every world, I wouldn't have to come back to WC except to visit my school.

Also,the main reason for the post, was so the adults in the spiral could friend up. I personally would rather travel the spiral with those closer to my age. And I saw a desire from other parts of the board that there was an interest. With that many worlds and realms, it's hard to find someone, so I was trying to make it easier to find one another.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Wizard City,Death School Tower,in Pixie Realm.

I am an older player too and I do have a few younger wizards that don't have any friends on them. It would be nice to be able to run them with friends that are adults. I will definitely try to drop in and see if any other adults stop by.

Sounds like a good place and realm to me. Eventually the kids will come there if they read this post. They can't resist seeing what is going on or if they happen to see several wizards entering the tower. I have even had kids want to friend saying they were adults and they have had open chat. I usually does not take long to figure out they aren't Adults just by the way they chat.

Survivor
Feb 17, 2011
I am also an adult and would like to have more adults as friends. I know that I have 1 adult on my friends list :) , but also pretty sure that the rest are younger.

Mastermind
Mar 16, 2010
quicksilver6969 wrote:
Many of you older players, ( I included) have express interest in friending up in the game. With all the different realms, and worlds within those realms, it's pretty hard to find each other. How about we throw out suggestions for meeting places, such as what realm and what world, and where within that world. As an example: Wizard City,Death School Tower,in Pixie Realm. My reasons for this, A lot of younger players thinks is scary and don't like going there. Pixie Realm is one of the less busy Realms. Since a lot of us have different work, time zones, etc. How about meeting on the hour. Just pop in, see if anyone there, that type of thing. I would really like to make more friends with adults. I am currently working Mooshu, and am lvl 38. My character name is Robert Dragonrider, pyro/life.

3 words,Friends and Reporting.

Survivor
Aug 29, 2009
Quicksilver, there is a group of Adults called the Wise and they use to (and may still meet) several days a week. I will sometimes go on Fridays at 10 pm at the unicorn statue in Unicorn Way. (Kelvin realm is where they hang out) I haven't had a chance to attend in a while but it was fun and a great way to meet other adults. This group was formed out of Wizard101Central.

Survivor
Nov 26, 2010
hi it would be nice to have other adults to play with. It is not just people with text chat that say awful things. When i was playing as my life wizard she is a low level wizard and and i was in the areana and i was in a corner and there was a big group of other players and they saw me and started to say nastu things to me and when i stuck up for my self they said they where going to repot me to telling them that they where acting immature.
cherly seablood storm
cherly lengendtamer myth
morgan deathhunter death

Survivor
Mar 06, 2011
:-) sounds like a great idea to me too. I am an "older player" as well and would love to have some friends closer to my age on the game. Look forward to meeting up with some of you there :)

Defender
Jan 28, 2010
Sounds like a plan to me would be so nice to be around abults. I have only two adults on my list one is my cousin the other is a friend in real life but that person dosent play much anymore. I think i may go on and see if anyone is there now. Also Let me know if you need any help with missions I am a legendary and have done all the mission that i could find. So I will be more then happy to help see you guys later bye for now.

Heather Icewhisper lvl 60 :D

Defender
Feb 28, 2010
I am also an adult and play quite a bit. One of the easiest ways to find adults to play and receive a True Friends Code is to post a message on Wizard101Central... then you can privately send a message to the person with a TFC.

I am on Central under the same name as here, so if you're looking for another adult to hang out with, send me a message over there... I also have a pretty good group of adult friends in game, so can also introduce to those as well.

I'm also thinking, KI should implement a private message system here on this message board so you can message someone directly.

Delver
Feb 25, 2010
And then there are the adults who try to pass themselves off as kids. And yes, there are plenty of folks, kids and adults alike, who say things they really shouldn't. For myself, if it's above a PG13 rating kind of discussion, then it's reportable. There are some things that people just should not be saying around the kids. I have a friend who had to drop another friend because he said something completely inappropriate and it was the kind of thing I dare not repeat to anyone here. The kind of thing that makes a grown person blush. I guess what I'm saying is that each person is different, and each situation is different. Just take it case by case, and if it's something that should be reported or stopped, then report it or say something. And keep in mind that just because a person is an adult, doesn't mean that he/she is above saying things they shouldn't.

Survivor
Mar 20, 2010
I am an adult playing the game solo and would love to have adult friends. I have a few friends and I think they are all children. I have not had much trouble with seeing bad things or being picked on myself. I am on Eastern Standard Daylight Time and play evenings and weekends, just lucky I guess. I will start playing in the Pixie Realm and look for you. I am a Level 38 Ice/Life in Mooshu and my name is Molly Moonbright.

Maybe we have played together. I had someone ask before they joined my fight the other night. Most kids are not that condiserate.

Survivor
Mar 20, 2010
I have started playing always in the Pixie Realm. That was a good idea! I have an Ice/Life Level 38 in Mooshu - Molly Moonbright and am playing a Balance/Death level 29 in Marleybone - Molly Lightcatcher. Any of you look me up - I would so love to have adult friends and company!

Mastermind
Jun 25, 2009
quicksilver6969 wrote:

i'm not afraid of death school and i'm a kid plus i am death myself

hunter legendwraith level60 necromancer

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
You know, you have to sit and think about it.

Unless the way children are raised is changed on a national/global level, children will always be what they are now. And that will never change.

There are some children that act even more mature than adults, while some adults that act like little children. Don't think of this game in terms of age groups. Think of this in terms of 'behavior groups.'

I do like the idea of the Pixie realm being the place for older players. That idea has been given in a previous post I read where adults would meet at the Statue in Pixie realm around evening time for anyone that would need help/assistance.

Squire
Jun 19, 2009
quicksilver6969 wrote:

Um, you know I just saw EVERYTHING you said and I am a kid. I am not young yet not an adult. I guess you could say I am a tween. I mean, why think ALL kids are so immature? I am very mature and respect adults who play the game. Now I won't come and ruin your little "adult time" but still please think on how not all of us are immature and yes, this is a family game which means a ton of kids can play too.

Squire
Jun 19, 2009
quicksilver6969 wrote:
Hmm, you both missed my point. If I was to put on here, what I see in chat, it would never be posted. It's not the rudeness, it's the innuendos. It would make a grownup blush. And if I was to report it,that's all I would be doing. They only have the text chat, and they work around it. Go to the WC common area sometime, and just watch the chat. It doesn't even matter what realm. I don't turn the chat off, cause I need my friends and family who are in different parts of the spiral to get a hold of me, and to do fights together. The lists aren't long enough to block that many of them. And yes I have to go through there to get to the Bazaar. If there was a Bazaar on every world, I wouldn't have to come back to WC except to visit my school.

Also,the main reason for the post, was so the adults in the spiral could friend up. I personally would rather travel the spiral with those closer to my age. And I saw a desire from other parts of the board that there was an interest. With that many worlds and realms, it's hard to find someone, so I was trying to make it easier to find one another.

Well, some things people can't say. I, myself, have open chat cause I can't say certain words that aren't bad. Example: socks. Not likes I use the word much but that is just an example. I need to talk more freely to my friends. My best friends usually have text chat so to talk to me they use caps. Some are my real life friends too and we can hardly talk to each other on the game. I see my friends can no longer use caps anymore and it is probably because of this post :(. If you do not like what people say to your daughter, then do not let her have text chat...

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
hunteray09 wrote:
quicksilver6969 wrote:

Um, you know I just saw EVERYTHING you said and I am a kid. I am not young yet not an adult. I guess you could say I am a tween. I mean, why think ALL kids are so immature? I am very mature and respect adults who play the game. Now I won't come and ruin your little "adult time" but still please think on how not all of us are immature and yes, this is a family game which means a ton of kids can play too.

Ok Hunteray09, no one is saying that all kids are immature or disrespectful. We also know that it is a family game and people of ALL AGES play. I happen to have a few kids on my list but to be on it comes with conditions that I expect to be honored.

Many of us Adults would like to be able to have run time with other Adults and have our own fun. There is absolutely nothing wrong with us having a meeting place to meet other adults. Some of us age grand parents and great grand parents and not all of us have family mambers playing. We play because we enjoy the game and would like to be able to have friends that we can actually chat with and have fun.

So just because we want adult friends to run with, don't get so upset. Just enjoy the game and have fun.

Survivor
Mar 21, 2011
My husband and I play together in the evenings, and it would be great to know we have other adults playing with us. I love playing with my daughters and the other (obviously) kids, but I have found myself caught up in more than one trauma/drama that caused a lot of confusion until I finally had to tell the other player that I am a forty-four year old mother of two and no, I was not going to be his girl! LOL. I wish there was some sort of secret signal that we could send each other - like all adults can earn a certain badge to let others know...
At any rate, I will start coming to Pixie realm to play. My husband is Talon Jadegarden, and I will either be my level 26 pyro, Madeline Soulhaven, or my younger but still nice Roslyn Lifeblood.
Hope to see you in Pixie!

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
hunteray09 wrote:
quicksilver6969 wrote:

Yes, I agree. Stop being rude to children who do not do these things, and the message board is not a place to put people in their places. We aren't all little immature babies!

Explorer
Feb 13, 2011
if we are making meetings,meet me in the storm tower if you are friends with aaron ravenpants or are friends with a friend of said wizard aaron ravenpants current usual realm kraken.

aaron rvenpants is sorry for speaking in the third person.

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
hunteray09 wrote:

I am also insulted how adults seem to only want adult friends. I (being a kid) understand how talking with an adult can have a slight change in humor, but still, that shouldn't be enough to make adults want only other adult friends.

I try to keep my age secret for people nowadays judge people by their age. I judge people by how they act, not by how old they are. I don't care if its a adult or a kid who is using foul language, both of them would get reported. I know plenty of kids who are more mature then many adults I know.

I am sorry it angers me how adults think them being an adult changes anything in game. This is a mmoRPG as in role playing game. Everyone in this game is a teen wizard, the only thing that changes from person to person is how mature they are.

Some of my best friends on wizard101 are adults, in fact about half of them are. So I still am blind as to why some of you think having adult friends is any better then having kid friends.

-Solstice64

P.S.
(I apologize if I insulted any adults for since many of you are stereotyping kids as immature or as something lesser then you are, I should not stereo type adults as kid-haters.)

Survivor
Aug 24, 2010

I'm a lvl 30 ice wizard and i could use some adult friends. I have other high lvl characters also, but i need more friends on this one. I'm willing to meet up with you. In Wizard City, Death school Tower, in pixie realm. I will be in there for about 10 to fifthteen minutes at the top of each hour. I live in central time zone so you know. I'm also an adult. and i am still in marleybone
Alexis RedCloud, Ice, Lvl 30