Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I'm sort of afraid of Katzenstein's lab....

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 06, 2010
Yes, I am a girly wimp (maybe because I literally am a girl? Lol.) But anyways, back to the subject. I just unlocked Katz's lab and my friend doesn't have access to it. So how do I do this, being a level 31 Necromancer with really awful spells? So, can any of ya'll give me any tips on how to get through Katz's lab without dying countless times? So please, tips and suggestions!

Please and Thank you!

~Ryan DarkRiver :-o
Magus Necromancer

Explorer
Jun 19, 2009
ripleyrocks123 wrote:
Yes, I am a girly wimp (maybe because I literally am a girl? Lol.) But anyways, back to the subject. I just unlocked Katz's lab and my friend doesn't have access to it. So how do I do this, being a level 31 Necromancer with really awful spells? So, can any of ya'll give me any tips on how to get through Katz's lab without dying countless times? So please, tips and suggestions!

Please and Thank you!

Magus Necromancer

Try going on Central, in the In Game help section of the forum. It isn't possible to do solo at your level unless you're experienced with good gear and treasure cards and potions all filled up. Good luck!

Defender
Jul 13, 2009
I was afraid of it too, until I had a legendary friend help me. If you are death, remember to use beguile because it can really help defeating more than one enemy. Get a death shield from the girl in the fairgrounds because it helps with sacrifice, and any attack boost for death increases the damage to you when you are using sacrifice. Even if your friend hasn't gotten there yet, if they are atleast adept they can help, just ask them to port to you when you get inside. Having a friend there means when you or your friend die, you can flee the battle and go get a potion, use it, and port back to your friend. This is how I got through it on my balance wizard, and I had two magus or adept friends helping on my storm with all the same stratagies. Good luck! :D

Amber Stormsong level 49 diviner

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
ripleyrocks123 wrote:

Please and Thank you!

Magus Necromancer

Katz's lab is easiest with a Necro. Deck suggestion to follow.

In the lab:
1) stay to the edges.
2) watch movement patterns
3) use the map before going anywhere so you have an idea of where you are going then use the arrow.
4) when you are given unlocking codes, write them down in real life
5) after you open the locked gate, start looking for the 'glowing symbol' on the chimneys as you will need to interact with these.
6) call a friend if needed for any of the bosses (3 you need to fight, 1 is a secret boss and optional)
7) read and follow quest directions, and follow your arrow.

Deck (MOB):
4 Vampire
4 Death Blade
2 Death Trap
2 heals
5 wand spells (wand giving a power pip if possible, otherwise just a normal pip in addition...you can buy at bazaar)

Deck (Bosses) add:
2 Feints
2 spirit blades
maybe another heal or two

Wand should be life except for life bosses, then use a death wand.
I don't remember any death MOBs or Bosses, so no prisms should be needed.

Delver
Feb 25, 2010
Actually, you have decent spells at your level, you might just need to figure your deck out. Dr Katz really and truly isn't that hard, and if you have just one friend to go it with you, it's even better. But it's not as bad as it seems.

Survivor
Mar 17, 2011
I was level 27 when I did Katz so heres what I did and a few tips:

1. Bring a trusted friend or multiple friends if you like, I suggest doing it with only 1 other person for there to be less monsters

2. Don't be afraid lol. It only takes around 30 minutes if you know the puzzles and where the chimneys are.

3. Be a ninja you don't want to get caught now do you?

4. If your not very good at avoiding enemies on the streets, ask a friend to go there and just port when he/she is at the boss.

This is all I have and I hope I helped :-)

Squire
Apr 30, 2010
I did it with the help of my son who is a ice/fire wizard. I can help if you want. Jennifer Deathheart is my death wizard's name or my myth's wizard's name is Kaitlyn Ghostheart. So if you see me just friend me. Kaitlyn just started Marleybone but I have access to everywhere.

Explorer
May 13, 2010
Well ripley I am a fellow necromancer who just finished a trip through marleybone and mooshu. I think I may have some advice that might help, First you will need to buy a troll ear pendant from the bazzar if you have not already( It is the green shield/blade that gives a forty percent up to heal spells) Now that you have that you will need to put three 400 heal fairy cards in your deck and three to four sacrafice heal cards in your deck the rest of the deck should be blades, traps, and the vampire and pirate. with the forty up blade,30 percent death trap,20 percent trap and the feint you can do massive damage and easily make your way through. It also does not hurt if you have trained the spirit blades from balance school and have a life wand to kick off any weakness before you put feint and 20 percent trap on that way you will not lose your death buffs and blades. I hope this is helpful and easy to understand but, if not or you still are afraid I can always help you through today is April 4th and it is just about 9:00 a.m. central standard time. I can meet you when you are ready to go just post here and tell me when and where. We can meet in realm pixie zone 1 if there is more than one zone active. I will watch this thread for updates and good luck if you try it alone but, fear not it is possible as I did it by myself when I was your level.

Survivor
Aug 25, 2010
I can help, I am a lv 31 balance.I just unlocked it if you want me to help post a reply and we can set up a date,time, and place.

Survivor
Oct 02, 2010
IvoryJade wrote:
Actually, you have decent spells at your level, you might just need to figure your deck out. Dr Katz really and truly isn't that hard, and if you have just one friend to go it with you, it's even better. But it's not as bad as it seems.

lol i'm a master lvl 43 and it was sooooo! easy okay so what if DR. katz has 2,000 hp the best way to go is to take out katz minion (ex: i hit the minion with with phonixe sorry for the misspell everyone then set up your over kill set up which i will tell you now )

steps to over kill dr.katz

1) put elemental trap or sprite trap
2)set up you extar trap & your trap that you get from you neklace (that if you have one)
3)then you set up your blades & and or you elemental blades or sprite blades
4) your last and finally pick your best damage spell THEN BOOM HE DEAD!

p.s. sorry for the misspell again lol sorry everyone

Survivor
Aug 09, 2010
First off i wanna say that DR.KAT not even that strong whats the big deal he only has 2000 hp! he weak but it was sooooooo easy to beat him meh friend help me he a Legendary pro awesome ness dude! beating him was like defeatin malistaire what the big woop about it?

Angel Deathheart Level 38 Necromancer

Survivor
Jan 16, 2011
ripleyrocks123 wrote:

Please and Thank you!

Magus Necromancer

You might need a little more training, but don't be TOO afraid. There's only three bosses and all in all, they aren't too tough. Katzenstein can be hard, but only if you're alone. Hope this helped.

--Edward Ravencaster
Level 36 Magus Sorcerer

Explorer
Aug 14, 2009
Dont worry about it its not that hard. Just try to not get into battle or you could possibly take friends that are high levels and already have it unlocked and Necromancers are very good from what i have heard people say Necromancers can solo about everything so just get high lvl friends to go with you or help your friend unlock the area