Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Hidden from your friends

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 18, 2010
Every time I go to help one of my friends at least one other friend always asks me for help. I wish there was a way to look offline to your whole friends list while you are doing certain tasks. As a side note I also thought it would be helpful for there to be a list of current status next to your name so your friends would know if you are gathering reagents or helping a friend, questing, leveling etc.

Thanks,

Wolf Thunderforge - Legendary DivinerFinnigan Winter - Grandmaster Thaumaturge

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Although I actually like these ideas, it gives Wizard101 more of a social networking feel. I'm not sure if KI would go for that.

Squire
Apr 30, 2010
I know exactly how you feel, trust me. I feel that way way too. I am always getting requests for help on my life wizard. If I don't feel like doing any of my quests, I let people know that I am available. Some days, I want to be left alone and that is when I do one of my other wizards.

Survivor
Nov 19, 2010
If they are that bad, there is a way to be hidden from their list:

Get ready:

Ok..
DELETE THEM

Delver
Sep 18, 2009
pyrotang wrote:
Every time I go to help one of my friends at least one other friend always asks me for help. I wish there was a way to look offline to your whole friends list while you are doing certain tasks. As a side note I also thought it would be helpful for there to be a list of current status next to your name so your friends would know if you are gathering reagents or helping a friend, questing, leveling etc.

Thanks,

Easy way out. Just say no. If they dont get it unfriend them because they are only friends with you for help.

wiler5002
"I can give advice too"

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
pyrotang wrote:

Thanks,

Sorry, but I definitely disagree. Why would we need this other than your personal affairs? You can just tell them that you don't want to be bothered so very politely, you know.

Delver
Feb 25, 2010
My standard reply is, sorry I can't at the moment. I have deleted friends for not taking no for an answer.

Survivor
Aug 18, 2010
I definitally don't want to delete my friends I don't mind helping them, but I guess some people don't mind repeating themselves every few minutes telling people you can't help them right now. To me that repetition is annoying.

Defender
Aug 08, 2010
I think it would be nice to have those features. Sometimes you want to play, but you don't want to socialize. This isn't such an issue if you have a short friend list, but if you have a lot of friends it can be annoying to have to tell every single one of them that you want some 'alone' time.

On the other hand, I don't recall any of the other MMPOGs I've played having that feature. (Not that I've played a ton of them, but I have played others.) So, there's probably a good reason for that.

Explorer
Dec 12, 2008
I support a hide feature, it's quite common in instant messengers and gaming community programs alongside social networking sites. And i'm sorry but there isn't really a good reason to say no to this suggestion unless your one of those people who think they should know when all their friends are online all the time which is creepy. It's not game breaking, it offers players the choice of privacy without the penalty of removing friends, and it's also a common convenient tried and proven feature other platforms have used. So again I fully support this.

Delver
Sep 18, 2009
They should get it. I call people to help me all the time and i know i am going to have people say no sometimes.

Historian
May 01, 2010
i havent came up to that problem that much, most reason is, most of my friends are younger, so they have school, and a result is that only like 4 or 5 friends are on during the day, when i am on, but the most i have had on my friends list is maybe around 15 on at once, but thankfully they got better frineds then me, so i am not their first choice. (only have one friend on my list who constantly asks for help, he hasnt caught me at a bad time yet so, hopefully he takes no for an answer) i do have one question, what happens if you forget to turn the offline status back on and you port to a friend, he might be a little ticked

Defender
Aug 06, 2010
It's tough having that balance of doing your own stuff and helping others because you are clearly out numbered. I have just logged on and there are instantly 3 cries for help. I check where they are and their possible needs... (leveling, and lack of battling skills because they skipped side quests are lower priority for me.) I help where I can - especially if they are in dungeons or someone is dying.

But yes, I fall behind on my quests and crafting sometimes. It's nice to have quiet catch-up times.

A "do not disturb" status may work, but then this may restrict getting any and all incoming messages. Not all my friends are needy - so I wouldn't want to be hidden from all my friends either.

It may just have to be repeating oneself... like last night. This guy asked for help, I went to him and it turned out it was for a solo fight. I went back to my quests. But then the next 5 messages from him went from "plz help" to "plz plz plz help me" to "plz i beg you plz plz plz help"... and in each case I was in a solo fight of my own. Each time I just responded - "sorry I can't, I'm busy fighting."

Defender
Jan 08, 2010
cat12ninja wrote:
If they are that bad, there is a way to be hidden from their list:

Get ready:

Ok..
DELETE THEM

Thats totally not the right thing to do. After all you just want to be left alone and be able to do something ithout being bothered constantly. I try to ignore them but then they get all mad at me then i have to go through every one of my friends and explain to them i want to be left alone. :)

Defender
Jan 28, 2010
Well i dont mind helping people it is tirsome when someone cant get the message that you are already helping someone. or if they ask if your done yet. Also heres something else that bothers me. When you help someone alot. then you ask them for help and they say no. Now I know people can be busy. So here is an example of what i mean. I helped someone with thier mission. When we where done i asked them if they could help me. The answer was no and they took off. :( Well the person was removed of corse. :D I did find someone else to help though. But back to the topic. Not sure weather it would be a good idea for the firends list thing. Just remove them I have done it before and will do it again if needed.