Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Bolt Blade Question

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 25, 2009
I'm thinking about getting the bolt blade from the crown shop.
So I know you can use it like a wand to cast spells, but I want to know if you can also do that other attack with it.
I've seen higher level characters do it with other swords. What I'm talking about is when your character can go into the middle circle and can attack their enemy with a sword attack.
I hope you guys know what I'm talking about.

Anyway, I hope this question gets answered soon, and speed will be greatly appreciated.

(Oh, and I apologize if this isn't in the right area. I wasn't quite sure where I should post this question; there isn't really a 'questions' area.)

Survivor
Mar 09, 2011
Darkeflare wrote:
So I know you can use it like a wand to cast spells, but I want to know if you can also do that other attack with it.

The animation where you go into the middle of the circle isn't another attack, it's just the animation used by the 0-pip storms spells given by the blade. So you will go into the center of a circle rather than drop a lightning bolt on your target.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
What you describe is an animation associated with certain sword-wands. Non-Crowns sword-wands start at level 45. The animation activates when a wand spell is used. Since the Bolt Blade is a sword-wand, I would assume that it has the animation you speak of.

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
Explorer
Jun 19, 2009
Cologada,
Actually non-crown swords/wands start at level 40. Even tho they're No auction.