Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Low resist for your school

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 13, 2010
So I have been a legendary for quite some time now bout I have been to lazy to post about it. The tempest gear(thats the name for storms lvl 58 gear) gives up to 36 percent resist to fire and ice, but gives no resist to storm. That really doesnt make any sense. But unfortunately, that gear gives the best stats for critical and block rating. Because of that I had to search for quite some time for the right combination of gear that gives me resist in storm and gives good critical and block rating. But with this gear I have barely any fire and ice resist. I really think this is wrong. I should be able to get the best of both worlds. Really, you would think that having a decent amount of resist in your own school would be a given. Have you ever come across a boss that is storm, but has no storm resist, and a lot of fire and ice resist, NO! you havent. Then why should you come across a legendary storm with no storm resist but a lot of fire and ice resist. And I am just using storm as an example, its like that for all other schools(accept ice). I really think there KI should make legendary gear that gives you resist to your school, and the other schools in your category(spirtitual or elemental)
Like being storm, I should be able to have at least 30-35% resist to fire, ice, and storm, not having to give up one for the other.

Seth Shadowmancer
Legendary Deviner

Mastermind
Feb 16, 2009
amajuoyi12 wrote:
So I have been a legendary for quite some time now bout I have been to lazy to post about it. The tempest gear(thats the name for storms lvl 58 gear) gives up to 36 percent resist to fire and ice, but gives no resist to storm. That really doesnt make any sense. But unfortunately, that gear gives the best stats for critical and block rating. Because of that I had to search for quite some time for the right combination of gear that gives me resist in storm and gives good critical and block rating. But with this gear I have barely any fire and ice resist. I really think this is wrong. I should be able to get the best of both worlds. Really, you would think that having a decent amount of resist in your own school would be a given. Have you ever come across a boss that is storm, but has no storm resist, and a lot of fire and ice resist, NO! you havent. Then why should you come across a legendary storm with no storm resist but a lot of fire and ice resist. And I am just using storm as an example, its like that for all other schools(accept ice). I really think there KI should make legendary gear that gives you resist to your school, and the other schools in your category(spirtitual or elemental)
Like being storm, I should be able to have at least 30-35% resist to fire, ice, and storm, not having to give up one for the other.

Seth Shadowmancer
Legendary Deviner

Unless you're planning on Storm and Fire (or Ice) monsters at the same time, this really isn't an issue. I have two sets of clothes to use. One gives me a 36% resist against Storm and Ice and a 46% power boost to Fire, but no resistance to Fire. The other gives me a 57% resist to Fire and a 17% power boost to Fire, but no resistance to any other school. This way, I con properly combat both Fire Creatures and non-Fire Creatures with little trouble. I'm sure there's something you can do like that for Storm.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Well, considering that the game is not finished, even after you complete Celestia, Morganthe is still out there. That being said, I am sure more worlds will come to the spiral, more levels, newer spells, and yes, better gear!

As with spells, they can't give you the best spell ever, like a nuke blast, that would take away all the fun of getting there. They are gradually increasing damage and AOEs and DOTs. We are training to be better wizards as we go along.

The same is said with our gear, they give us choices, since it is still early and we can pick and choose which resists we want, or to even give up resists and go entirely for criticals.

As for Ice being the exception, Ice has the lowest damage boost and the weakest spells, and the smallest critical hit points.

It all evens itself out and creates Balance in the spiral!