Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 4-1-11

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Folks, I'm afraid this will be the last feedback Friday. It seems that popular opinion is that these are not fun, not useful, and just plain ol' boring. So, I hope you've enjoyed them..

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

...and of course, you know that I'm only APRIL FOOLIN'! ::grin:: We love feedback Friday and hope to continue it for a long time to come!

All fooling aside, I'd like talk about reaching max level. What is the thing that you are most excited to do once you hit 60 that's in the Spiral right now? What is the one thing, if you could wave your magic wand, that you would add for high level Wizards to do?

Note: increasing the level cap is the obvious answer, and we're well aware there is interest in that area ::grin::. Let's go beyond that please!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Defender
Feb 17, 2009
Well what is more exciting than reaching that final level? Anyways, I wish we could visit our teachers' home "towns." Like Professor Greyrose is from Candyland. For us legendary thaumaturges, we could visit it and maybe meet her evil sisters. And for the other professors, well I haven't seen any of them posting where they explained where they are from.

Thomas Swiftthislte, Legendary Ice

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
Hmmm... What Do I do on my level 60s? Farm for gold, Garden for Mega Snacks, and raise pets, help my lower levels on my opposite accounts...

What would I add to the spiral for Legendary wizards? FISHING!

Some rewards for fishing could be Pet Snacks, Reagents, Pets, Mounts, and even an occasional battle. Wouldn't it be cool if a Legendary Fisherman could land a Leviathan pet with one card of Leviathan? F2P could probably fish down by Triton Avenue.

I might also consider the SUPER BOSS I posted https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/33109.ftl . That would be a great Level 60 challenge.

Maybe being able to gift Crafted items instead of receiving them yourself when you Craft it. That would be a Sweet addition.

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2009
I would like to add a side activity for wizards to do. I may have mentioned this in one of my posts but i was thinking about an arena where you fight a random boss/monster from the game alone, but it could be any boss/monster from a lost soul to Malistare. Great question, and i hope there will be many more feedback fridays to come!

William Crowthistle Legendary Pyromancer

Mastermind
Jun 25, 2009
i've already hit level 60. so i would make my world idea deathtropalis come true.

Delver
Jul 04, 2010
I have a legendary necromancer and with her, I honestly don't have a good answer to give. Right now all she does is farm for rare reagents and gold and watch pets with potential not get the talents I really want.

So I guess that best thing is going back and redoing it all with my other wizards. I'm very happy to never have to do marleybone again with all of its "please go fetch the purse i loaned to someone else that really isn't mine so i can give it back after i find it's ruined" style quests unless we get a seventh wizard slot wink wink hint hint ;)

Survivor
Nov 12, 2010
More hobbies so long as pet/gardening energy goes up with them.

Fishing, Cooking (more recipes), Riddle games, and random go collect chores for XPs/gold would all be good additions to keep the interest of the legendaries and lower levels alike.

Defender
Oct 05, 2010
when i get to be a lvl 60, i will through a huge party in my myth house that i just got today using coins ( it was hard ). then, i will go for a warlord title in the arena. once i got that, i will have another party. then i will finish craftiong the cl house, have a party in that, then opean up a player controlled service that helps people who are stuck on quests. maybe in the mean time, i will atemtp to finish kensington park with my friends. then i shall have a party for that. i like party

Survivor
May 13, 2010
How about leveling in gardening and crafting. We can reach grandmaster in both but not legendary. Maybe add some new furniture to craft and new outfits.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
Well, as I like to be productive in my time spent gaming as well as having fun...I start a new character.

Survivor
Oct 31, 2009
Professor Falmea wrote:
Folks, I'm afraid this will be the last feedback Friday. It seems that popular opinion is that these are not fun, not useful, and just plain ol' boring. So, I hope you've enjoyed them..

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

...and of course, you know that I'm only APRIL FOOLIN'! ::grin:: We love feedback Friday and hope to continue it for a long time to come!

All fooling aside, I'd like talk about reaching max level. What is the thing that you are most excited to do once you hit 60 that's in the Spiral right now? What is the one thing, if you could wave your magic wand, that you would add for high level Wizards to do?

Note: increasing the level cap is the obvious answer, and we're well aware there is interest in that area ::grin::. Let's go beyond that please!
Finally some one asks this.All lvl 60 wizards are all bored with only pvping.I think we should be able to repeat quest just like the dungeons do.

Survivor
Jul 09, 2009
hmm... you got me with the april fools...darn...lol...but anyway god question!

i would probably put on my best gear and pvp because thats the thing i LOVE in games almost more than questing!

I think i would add...hmm...maybe a new area where all of the bosses you have beaten come back to try and do evil stuff to the celestia or whatever(lol) and it would be in all worlds You have to beat every boss and it would give you AMAZING gear and every boss would be double in strength and health etc so you can have up to maybe 6 ppl?idk but thats my idea!

Ethan Darhheart PROUD Master of Life

Defender
May 21, 2009
I think that Legendary wizards should have exclusive access to certain blocked off areas in the spiral and lower lvl wizards can't port in to these areas. Inside there could be a dungeon, a shop, anything. I hope you like my idea, thnx.

Survivor
Apr 07, 2010
I would add level 60 gear and make it a completely different design than the other gear to really show accomplishment.

Mastermind
Jun 13, 2009
honestly, i wish you would change the pet leveling system. It's something that i'd want to do now that i am levle 60 but i get SOOOO bored after 10 minutes and the talents aren't encouraging either.

i mean, when i painstakenly toil with my pet to reach a level only to realize that it didn't learn a duel talent!

So if I had to wave my wand it would be to level my pets to epic but not under the current system.

Survivor
May 31, 2009
Well theres already regular pvp, gardening, and pet hatching/raising, the only other thing besides the level cap option would be to add a pvp tournament in each realm of the game, winner gets a rare dueling pet and/or some crowns or a mount, point is this will attract alot of pvp goers to see who's the best of the best of the realm you're currently in, if you have alot of friends that do pvp then have a full on friend tournament to seeing who's the strongest of you (plus it would end alot of bickering amongst each other over the subject) just an idea

Chase StormSword Legendary Diviner
Aedan DawnGlade Grandmaster Theurgist
Valkoor DuskFlame Magus Pyromancer

Defender
Mar 27, 2010
Professor Falmea wrote:

I would love to turn Warlord in the arena with my Efreet. :D:D

Hunter WildHorn
Master Pyromancer

Squire
Apr 30, 2010
You got me! I was getting upset until I scrolled down. The higher levels need new minions. One that actually use the higher level spells.

Survivor
Feb 08, 2009
i would want another tower like briskerbreeze or new pets. I would love to see a little scelatle dragon flying around you as you walk.

Community Leader
Well Professor,

I tend to do a lot of farming for gold , housing, gardening & hatching pets.
Btw I simply love the pet rocks ;) Good memories there. Wizards be Rock'in!

If I could add something to any of those things I do .I would like to have more ways to train pets. Of course more hybrids :) ,pets ect.. I would also love to enter act with more furniture items.

Explorer
Mar 22, 2009
I can't believe my teacher tricked us! but anyways, as you know, I am a level 60 pyromancer, and I was thinking a chamber where you can fight (Yes, FIGHT!) any teacher you want. There will be a little stairway in Bartelby, the world tree, and there will be a hole with 7 doors.

First: The Balance Krok teacher in krokatopia.

Second: Profeser Greyrose

Third: Halston Balestrorm

Forth: Profeser Flamea

Fifth: Molinda Wuu

Sixth: Cyrus drake

Seventh: Dworgon

You could also put the teachers in their matching towers

Explorer
Mar 13, 2009
I would like to see clothing options available only for certain accomplishments. For example a set of clothing only available for master gardeners that maybe has nature theme , or a set for someone that has completed all badges, or master crafter, etc. These should be unique and could be stitched onto other gear. It would give a visible reward for those that take the time and put in the effort to complete these. Of course they should look really cool!

Explorer
Nov 14, 2010
OOHHH OOOH i know.what if all lvl 60 wizards get a apprentice from their same school and help them out and teach them we would be assingned randomly and once your apprentice becomes master then you get assinged a new.You can request a new one if you dont like your apprentice but the apprentice has to ask for a new teacher also for it to be complete

Delver
Aug 10, 2009
Okay I know I'm a far reach from level 60, and I'm really looking forward to when I do.:D

So here are my ideas:
1.) Customizable ports(you would be able to change the stuff that flies up around you.)
2.) Be able to use magic outside of battles(e.g. Pyromancers could play with fire.)
3.) Customize mount your mount(e.g. change color, tail, bristles, etcetera, etcetera.)

Thank you for you time and concideration,
Alexander Dragontamer(ME) and The rest of the Wizards and Witches at forgetno4

Delver
Feb 25, 2010
If I could wave my wand and update something, it would be the current pet system. Don't get me wrong, I love the pets I have and wouldn't trade them for anything, BUT leveling them with the system in place right now, takes too long and there's not enough variety. The rewards are also rather sad. I can spend the entire day working on a new pet, and still not get very far with it. So please do something to make the pet system a little more user-friendly.