Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wizard101 is already open on your computer?!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 09, 2008
ever since the update that brought the 2 new cl houses and the loading thing when u opened the game changed, ive been constantly receiving a message saying that wizard101 is already running on your computer. It says to click ok and then it will open up and if it doesnt then restart the computer. ive gotten it a few times before that update, but whenever i pressed ok it worked. now everytime i click exit because i want to log out of the game, and then a little later i want to open up the game again i have to restart my computer??? thats not cool. please someone give me advice.

Hero
Jul 27, 2009
you may have crossed link in the programing that will occure when your computer is not shut off properly like a power outage or such.

you may try uninstalling wizard 101 then reinstalling it

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
This happened to me a few times while playing on my laptop. I don't know why it stopped doing it on my computer. I didn't change any files other than maybe updating windows.

Instead of restarting your computer have you tried opening task manager and ending program from there? It will be listed under wizardgraphicalclient i believe. (could be wrong).

If you don't know how to open task manager, just simply press ctrl+alt+delete. On windows vista and windows 7 it will take you to a screen that will give you task manager as an option. Not sure, but on xp and early versions of windows pressing ctrl+alt+delete will take you straight to task manager.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 60 Life

Squire
Apr 30, 2010
Mine does that all the time because I press the icon twice. It takes a couple seconds to come up.

Survivor
Dec 09, 2008
Ive tried everything, and i tried to do the think with task manager (i have XP) and it still didnt work... normally i wouldnt be as annoyed with this but its just that normally i do multiple things at once with my computer and a lot of times im afk so im forced to log off the game or sometimes its just not functioning correctly so i log out and log back in but now i cant do that without refreshing my computer. this didnt always happen, like i said it was ever since the latest big update. if anyone comes up with any other ideas feel free to post them! =)

Katie Iceflame Level 60 Legendary Ice