Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet Rock Availability

AuthorMessage
Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Does anyone know how long the pet rock promotion "limited time only" will approx. last? I can't find it listed in any news releases.

Administrator
The Pet Rock (which has had mixed reviews), will be available only until Monday April 4th.

community@wizard101.com
Defender
Oct 05, 2010
thanks, i wanted to know that to. everyone tells me not to waste my money on it, and there right. but i got nothin else to buy so might as well

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Professor Greyrose wrote:
The Pet Rock (which has had mixed reviews), will be available only until Monday April 4th.

Well, what do you expect, considering it is a new pet, cost crowns, and has such a low pedigree?

People want better pets with cards, like the sea dragon, but with useful cards!

Champion
Jun 30, 2009
kingurz wrote:
Does anyone know how long the pet rock promotion "limited time only" will approx. last? I can't find it listed in any news releases.

And it will cost you 2900 crowns. It comes with a blue star shield that lasts 4 rounds. I was hoping that Greyrose was gonna give me some homework while awaiting Wintertusk like Balestrom did with Celestia, but that pipe dream never happened.

Timothy Pearlflower Legendary Ice

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010

Maybe if the pet rock could be bought with gold too, more people would buy it.

I see a lot of people running around the Commons asking "can someone gift me a pet rock? I don't have any crowns." I think the interest might be there, but the Crowns aren't available to everybody.

Survivor
Jan 17, 2011
I thought it was funny. Reminds me of the pet rock that came in a box. I now have 2. It gives you Fortify spell at Baby, Taunt at Teen, nothing for adult, but gives you +5 % ice defense at Ancient. Still working on Epic. The other one that I did a Hatching on, I'm still working on it, only a Teen, and has given a +5 defense on Myth. Plus of course the Fortify card at Baby.

Historian
Aug 10, 2009
Honeybee313 wrote:

I see a lot of people running around the Commons asking "can someone gift me a pet rock? I don't have any crowns." I think the interest might be there, but the Crowns aren't available to everybody.

I bought one and quickly got it to adult so I could hatch with my other accounts. I don't know if I was just lucky or what but almost every time it hatched, we both got the rock pet. Only once did I not get it. So now I have 6 rocks running around.
ellie

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
Cheryl09 wrote:
Honeybee313 wrote:

I bought one and quickly got it to adult so I could hatch with my other accounts. I don't know if I was just lucky or what but almost every time it hatched, we both got the rock pet. Only once did I not get it. So now I have 6 rocks running around.
ellie

Oh that is so neat.

I have two pet rocks. Both came with the Fortify card (-15% incoming Power for 4 rounds). One got Taunt at teen, and Eager at adult. The other also got Taunt at teen, and Rugged at adult.

I think they're cute!

Survivor
Nov 19, 2010

Three days after it comes out. :/ Thanks... my w101 isnt working right now, fyi..

Survivor
Jun 16, 2009
i actually really like my pet rock
definitely helps with fortify since i like to solo bosses alot in ds

Delver
Feb 25, 2010
And for those of you who might be too young to remember this, but irl, once upon a time, pet rocks were a huge rage. So a lot of folks from that generation are loving their pet rocks :)

Explorer
Mar 18, 2009
I was really looking forward to the "surprise".
Then I saw it was a pet rock.
Wanted it!!
Crowns only.. what a rip off.
I am a subscriber (yearly) and cannot afford to buy crowns all the time.
KI please. Next time, make the "surprise" available to everyone.

Stating the obvious here, but crowns cost money. Not everyone can afford to get crowns. SO why show "preferential treatment" to the Crowns players, they already have access to the best pets (without farming!), some pretty good gear and still crowns players get more.

*Stepping off of soapbox*

Sorry if I offend anyone, I am just sick of seeing new stuff and not being able to get it.

Moira Stormgiver Legend Death
Chelsea Blueblade Legend Life
Jason Deathslinger Legend Balance
Moira Stormslinger Master Storm

Delver
Feb 25, 2010
For $10 you can buy a gift card and use it for crowns. That doesn't cost very much.

Explorer
Mar 18, 2009
IvoryJade wrote:
For $10 you can buy a gift card and use it for crowns. That doesn't cost very much.

I am fully aware of that. I've purchased a couple in the past.
The point is that not everyone has/had an extra $10 to get a gift card.
I know I didn't and it really stinks because I wanted the rock.

Delver
Feb 25, 2010
I'm sorry. Maybe if there's enough demand for it, they'll bring it back. Believe me, I know how it is when $10 is a lot of money.

Survivor
May 31, 2010
WOOT! They are sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo funny! Thanks for having this gag available! :D

Lauren Dark Flower ~ Forever Storm

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
That was during my three days of work. I completely missed the pet rock.

:(

Survivor
Jun 07, 2009
Shiningfantasia wrote:
That was during my three days of work. I completely missed the pet rock.

:(
I got it just in time and the spell at baby somehow saved my life!!!!! :)