Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet hatching help.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 14, 2009
im new to pets and all of this. i have an adult storm beetle that gives a card. i have questions. Why does it cost so much to hatch a pet. if i hatch a pet will my new pet have a card. if i hatch to of my own pets does it cost a lot. hope you can answer all my questions. Thanks Jared

Survivor
May 13, 2010
drumthedrums wrote:
im new to pets and all of this. i have an adult storm beetle that gives a card. i have questions. Why does it cost so much to hatch a pet. if i hatch a pet will my new pet have a card. if i hatch to of my own pets does it cost a lot. hope you can answer all my questions. Thanks Jared

It depends on if the other pet has a card. but if you get another storm beetle from the mix then it also should give you a card. the amount the hatch cost depends on what you are mixing with. usually starts at 40,000 ( example only) and goes down.

Survivor
Nov 12, 2010
the cost of hatching a pet is based on how rare the pet is i believe.
the chances of hatching pet with a card is likely if both pets already have a card at adult.
and you cant hatch a pet with another of your own pets,only with another person and his pet.

remedys

Squire
Apr 30, 2010
It depends what you hatch with and in most cases you will probably get the same pet again. Your pet is a rare pet so it will cost more to hatch. I hatched my storm mander to someone's life banshee. My mander has storm proof and the banshee has a card at adult. I ended up getting the banshee with storm proof (which is great for me because I am a life/storm wizard.) and I have resists to all storm attacks.

Delver
Sep 18, 2009
Heres how the cost is figured out.

Rareness times something = cost

Wiler5002
I'm here to help you.