Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

monster fizzle and turn rotation?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Mar 09, 2011
i'm fairly new to the spiral and i have a two part qustion #1 when a monsters spell fizzles do i have anything to do with that or is it just coincidence that once in awhile when he goes to cast a spell just before he releases it i can sometimes click on it with my mouse and it fizzles his spell is just this coincidence,luck or can i really fizzle their spell once in awhile by clicking on it right before their release.if this is not the case then does the monster act the same as our wizard fizzle it fizzles according to what spell they are throwing and the % rate of that spell?

second part of my question is how is player turn decided when first entering a battle with an opponent is it just luck that you cast your spell first or is there some kind of rythm or reason why i would cast the first spell versus my opponent casting their spell first.

thanks

Adherent
May 20, 2010
You can't control the enemy's fizzle rate by clicking the mouse a certain way or at a certain time or by anything similar. The only way you can control the success rate is to cast an accuracy ward.

Mastermind
Sep 11, 2010
Monsters have accuracy, just as you do. And just like you can fizzle from time to time, so can the monsters. In fact, their spells have exactly the same odds of fizzling as yours do - and just like you, the monsters will improve their accuracy as their level goes up.

As for the turn-order, I haven't found any logic or pattern to it. It seems to be completely random - a toss of the coin, so to speak.

Squire
Apr 30, 2010
1. About the monster fizzle rate it's totally random and there are actual spells that you can make them fizzle if they are your own school. As you get into the higher lands like MooShu, DS, and Celestia the monsters rarely fizzle.

2. About the turn, it's random but I've noticed in MooShu that you tend to be first quite a lot. (That was the case of my life wizard.)
I hoped I answered your questions!

Explorer
Mar 09, 2011
you certainly did answer my questions as dumb as they were thanks. just getting back to the monster fizzle it started out as habit at first and out of luck after clicking the outgoing monster spells a couple of times and just out of coincidence they fizzled after that it became habit to try and click the outgoing spells to get them to fizzle and once in awhile they did i now know that it was just luck that they fizzled and it had nothing to do with me it was just their turn to fizzle!
thanks though for answering my questions as dumb as they were!