Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet Quests - How do you feel about this idea?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
May 15, 2009
Pet Quests

I recently read this post written by another member, and I have to agree with the idea he conveyed:
insanityclaus wrote:
I have no opinion either way about a pet having a talent & derby skill at birth, but I like the idea of earning it by training. There is a lesson hidden in that.

But I think there should be a way for a pet to continue to gain talents after reaching Epic. Derby enthusiasts might want the same thing for derby traits. They could be gained independently, a talent gained without a derby trait, a derby trait gained without a talent.

Perhaps specific quests which do not give gold or experience to the player, but may give the pet more talents. As a consolation prize when no talent is dropped, give the owner snacks that this pet likes.

Giving opportunity to train our beyond they're epic threshold through specific pet oriented quests. These quests would give no experience or gold, but would supply pet snacks, or unlock pet talents and derby skills. It would aid in maintaining interest with current members who may or may not actively train they're pets. Of course the incentive to do so would have to be challenging, but that would make it all the sweeter. :)

How does everyone else feel about this?

Delver
Jul 04, 2010
See, I have no problem with the way that the current system works other than the fact that we are stuck with talents that were given to us by the roll of the dice. Either you will be given really good talents on your first few tries or you will be stuck with a pet with awesome potential only to be given talents that aren't helpful or you don't want.

For instance, I've a wraith with spell proof, pain giver, health gift and a selfish which boosts the power stat which is a great pet imo. I also a reaver with health gift, pain giver and spell proof and is half way to epic. If he picks up either add balance or balance shot he'll be even better than the wraith. The reaver almost has perfect stats too with 250 across the board except 200 for will.

But, on the other hand my ice wizard has been struggling with an inferno colossus dna line that has lots of potential but it has been wasted. My best inferno colossus has: pips o plenty (which is good short term), fire giver (worthless for an ice wizard), crafty (which would have been helpful had she got pain giver instead of fire giver) and spell proof which is makes he worth using. Then her offspring which has sea dragon dna in has the chance for spell proof, pain giver, pierce train, maybe spritely, and unknown epic trait learned pip o'plenty, tower shield (and as an ice wizard, a single tower shield card doesn't matter when i can already carry 5 tower shields in my deck), and fire giver so he's not going to get trained anymore and just going to be rehatched with my sea dragon to start all over again.

So you can see what I mean?

While it would be nice to have other ways to level up our pets, badges for our pets besides their age would be awesome, I'd rather have some say in what talents my pets get so I don't feel like I've wasted all that time, gold and a few crowns to get something that isn't worth using.

Now I need another 27k in gold before I can hatch again plus whatever gold I need for crafting more snacks since the bazaar never has any good ice snacks except for the ultra rare shanta pudding.