Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why do I keep getting Tempest pet?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 29, 2010
Hi! My name is Natalie Rose I'm a lvl 60 storm and I am wondering, why do i keep getting a tempest pet when I hatch with a wraith and my stormzilla? I really want the grimzilla and my goal is to get it but i keep getting tempest and if anyone knows why, I would definitely appreciate it! Thank you!!! :-)

Delver
Jul 04, 2010
If you have a diviner, you might want to try giving your wraith to that wizard and hatching again. Or if that option isn't available, hatch directly with a grimzilla.

I dont have anything to support it, but, I've also had the feeling/hope that when making a hybrid pet that they would give the wizard a pet with a card that would be more useful to the wizard. For instance, the wraith card on the tempest will always be more useful than the stormzilla card the grimzilla will give you.

The only time I've not got "my" pet out of trying for a hybrid is when my balance wizard had my necromancers wraith in her backpack and got a reaper instead of a reaver.

Delver
Feb 25, 2010
Consider yourself lucky. I'm one that will never get the chance for a Tempest.

Mastermind
Sep 11, 2010
Unfortunately, you've been unlucky. That happens often, and all you can do is to keep trying. It even so happens that you might not even get a hybrid at all..

Delver
Feb 25, 2010
I thought you couldn't trade school pets between characters?

Delver
Jul 04, 2010
IvoryJade wrote:

You can them in your backpack but you can't equip them.

Survivor
Apr 03, 2010
random1self wrote:
IvoryJade wrote:

You can them in your backpack but you can't equip them.
And this folks is the secret! You can place pets in your backpack. Although you cant equip you can mix, and the chances of a hybrid goes up.