Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Logging into a battle

AuthorMessage
Delver
Jul 04, 2010
There has a been a couple of times where I have been standing in a place where I cannot be dragged into a battle when I log off or idle time for various reasons. But, when I log back in I'm not in the same location I was standing at when I left and this instantly starts a battle.

Usually this isn't a problem since my deck is usually set up for the are I'm at, but, it's not very fun logging in only to be greeted by a fire shark ;) So far the only times this has happened to me has been in the survey camp and the floating lands in celestia.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
random1self wrote:
There has a been a couple of times where I have been standing in a place where I cannot be dragged into a battle when I log off or idle time for various reasons. But, when I log back in I'm not in the same location I was standing at when I left and this instantly starts a battle.

Usually this isn't a problem since my deck is usually set up for the are I'm at, but, it's not very fun logging in only to be greeted by a fire shark ;) So far the only times this has happened to me has been in the survey camp and the floating lands in celestia.

Those areas are very tight and not a good place to leave a wizard. Make sure you are in a non-battle zone, even if you have to move completely away from the area you want, before you go idle or log off. It does not take much to be in battle when you come back. Just the least move of your mouse holding either button down can instantly throw you into battle before you are fully loaded. If you are using a mount, especially wings, they have a wide spread and can get you pulled in so the positioning of your mount is something that you may need to watch too. I stopped using my wings because I would get pulled into battle quite often with them.

Delver
Jul 04, 2010
Regarding mounts - that's why I stopped using my griffin. It has the wingspan of a 747 lol.

Some of the places I've logged out at, for instance, at the survey camp. I would be standing by the small camp at the end of hall on the lowest level. But when I logged back in I find myself standing in the middle of the lower level instantly getting dragged into a fight.

On the floating land, there are trees that hide silver chests and I was behind one of those trees when I logged off. But when I logged back in I was standing in the middle of a big opening and instantly got dragged into another fight.