Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

2 Main schools for 1 wizard! Also: Bonus!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 22, 2010
This is a good idea of mine, well I think at least.
Basically, if you're a newbie at w101, while in the wizard maker, you can choose 2 schools to learn from, like, ice and death, and you get the school card quests, ( levels 7 to 58, for one school, like you'd get skeletal dragon 58 ) And be able to use power pips for both schools. And if you're a member, you can have a maximum of 3 schools ( Astral is not included ). Members who receive the update without making a new wizard will get to choose 2 more schools and go learn their spells for free.
The basic idea here is a main school with a secondary/tertiary school for free. Nothing more to it.

Bonus:
Maybe KingsIsle can consider the following:
You can pick any spell from a school 2 spells down from yours, like if you are learning Balance as second, you would get to choose between Scarab and Scorpion. This idea should apply to Astral Magic too.
-Monica DaisyTail level 60 death, Sabrina RoseSmith level 48 life

Survivor
Jul 09, 2009
Z112fifty2 wrote:
This is a good idea of mine, well I think at least.
Basically, if you're a newbie at w101, while in the wizard maker, you can choose 2 schools to learn from, like, ice and death, you get their spells for free, and you get the school card quests ( levels 7 to 58, for both schools, like you'd get skeletal dragon and snow angel at 58 ). Along with that, you would have the health of ice and the mid-strength of death. And if you're a member, you can have a maximum of 3 schools, and if you have 2 or more legendary accounts, you can have 4 schools ( Astral is not included ). Members who receive the update without making a new wizard will get to choose 2 more schools and go learn their spells for free.

Bonus:
Having a hard time with training points? Maybe KI can consider the following:
You can pick any spell from a school up to your level. Like you don't want to get all the before spells, like you want feint but you don't want to get all the other stuff before you can get it, like all the spells to your level are available for purchase instead of 1 at a time to get your wanted spell.
Hope you liked my ideas!
-Monica DaisyTail lvl 43 death, Sabrina RoseSmith lvl 43 life

The bonus could be a good idea but the first one isn't very good in MY opinion no offense
That would just make training points pointless and then there would be a few combinations that would be UNSTOPPABLE such as storm and ice and then everyone would be that and it would be kinda boring
Its more balanced as it is. No offense that is

Delver
Jul 04, 2010
That sounds a bit ... over powering?

I do think it'd be nice to have an actually secondary school instead of your primary school and a hand full of other cards. I'd think receiving some kind of blessing from your secondary teacher as your learn those class spells would be a better idea.

At this point, you can learn 9 spells from your none primary school teachers. So lets say for every 3 spells you learn from that one teacher you get a blessing. A blessing would be a small boost to either that schools damage, resist, or accuracy. Or if the player chooses, a small boost to all instead of a "big" boost to one.

Or perhaps in the case of life, a boost to incoming or out going healing, players choice.

Then once you have learned all nine spells, your power pips wold count towards level 5 and lower spells for that secondary school.

An ice wizard running around with a boostable and power pip friendly helephant would be over powered. Though the same applies to a stormzilla which is a level 5 spell. Maybe the best way would be for ay spell that does less than 600hp.

The best perk though, imo, would be that pixies would stop costing 2 power pips which is 4 pips and satyrs would only cost 2 power pips instead of 4 power pips which is 8 pips.