Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Membership/Crown Sales

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 26, 2011
I would like to begin by saying I love a sale and don't generally pass up a good deal when I see one.

It seems that when KingsIsle runs these special offers, it's always $60.00. Crowns or membership deals, always $60.00.

Now, when I consider that amount of money, I look at the pile of bills here and see that would make a nice dent in those, and this amount would be an extravagance to use toward a game.
Around the $20.00 or $30.00 range, I think pizza and a movie rental.

I would like to ask for some special offers here in smaller denominations.

I'm sure I'm not alone in thinking the offer is great but the amount is too steep, and there would most likely be a vast number of us taking you up on the deals if the offers were about halved.

Instead of a year, how about three or six months? How about a deal on Crowns in the $10.00 or $20.00 range?

These are truly wonderful deals being offered, but when I consider taking you up on them, my budget starts giving me dirty looks.

Thanks for reading. :)

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
SpringRains wrote:
I would like to begin by saying I love a sale and don't generally pass up a good deal when I see one.

It seems that when KingsIsle runs these special offers, it's always $60.00. Crowns or membership deals, always $60.00.

Now, when I consider that amount of money, I look at the pile of bills here and see that would make a nice dent in those, and this amount would be an extravagance to use toward a game.

I'm sure I'm not alone in thinking the offer is great but the amount is too steep, and there would most likely be a vast number of us taking you up on the deals if the offers were about halved.

Instead of a year, how about three or six months? How about a deal on Crowns in the $10.00 or $20.00 range?

These are truly wonderful deals being offered, but when I consider taking you up on them, my budget starts giving me dirty looks.

Thanks for reading. :)

This is a great idea. For me, it's not so much an issue of money as it is the commitment of playing Wizard101 for an entire year. I usually have to pass on the one year deals, because I can't guarantee that I will always be in a place that offers internet access, therefore why pay for something you can't use? However, I can reasonably forecast where I will be in two or three months. I thoroughly enjoy Wizard101 and wouldn't mind paying/playing for the next year, but I can't see myself making that purchase and then moving in six months to somewhere that does not offer internet. (Yes, this has happened from experience once already, but luckily I am month to month).

Survivor
May 13, 2009

Thanks for reading. :-)

You see the reason they do that is so that yes you save some money on the crowns or subscription, but so they also can make more money. All MMOs at some point change from being fun and start to slide into to be fun AND make more money. Its just the circle of life for MMOs.

"Fire may be a source of ultimate destruction, but fire is also an ultimate source of life and energy. Which way it is used depends on you. You cant have one without the other" -Kevin Fireblade