Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Constant Network Disconnections

AuthorMessage
Adherent
May 20, 2010
This happens about once per hour. Commands are ignored. The yellow "broken connection" icon appears. Then all the menus disappear and the wizard is frozen in place. Without warning, the game client is no longer able to interact with the server.

This is a SERVER issue, not an issue with my computer. I've had this happen in the same manner on four different accounts, six different computers, and three different networks (cable, dsl, wireless at a hotel). Since I rarely complain about anything, it's apparent that this is very annoying, and I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people are cancelling their subscriptions over it, not to mention potential subscribers deciding not to subscribe because of it.

WORKAROUND: Until KingsIsle's programmers fix this problem, here's what you can do to work around the disconnect issue.

1) Close the Wizard101 Graphical Client. Since it's common that none of the menus are available, the only ways to do this are to click on the "X" in the upper right corner or to ALT+F4.

2) Open the Wizard101 Client again, log on, and start the wizard that got disconnected.

After 5-30 seconds, your wizard will be reconnected to the game. If he/she was in battle, you'll have as many pips as were given to you during the rounds you were gone.

To players in battle, the disconnected wizard appears to let the timer run down to 0 without doing anything, which of course is exactly what's happening. If you see this behavior, it's possible that the player was disconnected.

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
A few other work arounds:

In battle press ctrl+g. This will allow you to see your cards again, but you will not see the pips or health of monster or players. After battle you will not be able to move, but you can still press home or end button on keyboard. This will teleport you home or to commons area. Once there everything is back to normal.

When not in battle simply press home or end. Once you go to another area everything should be normal again.

Although this in not a solution to the problem and can be inconvenient it is quicker than relaunching game.

Hannah Lifebringer level 60 Life

Survivor
Jan 29, 2011
I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one experiencing these frustrations. I've tried a dozen different things thinking it was my computer/ router/ laptop...something! It happened to me 6-8 times while in a dungeon and I thought I would lose my mind. I hope they will do something to remedy the situation, because at this point the mere thought of playing just brings a bad taste to my mouth. I've tried on numerous occasions over the past 2-3 days , and can't even walk from the Dorms to the Shopping District without disruption. Enough Is Enough!! D:

Shannon Stormweaver
Master Theurgist Level 49

Survivor
Nov 30, 2010
This sudden disconnection happens to me about once per hour (sometimes more often) as well. It's odd, though, when I log back on I will be in places I normally cannot log in to. For example, I'll be at my home when I get disconnected and still be there when I log back on, instead of the last world I was in like if I deliberately disconnect. Same thing happens in the middle of dungeons and fights. It would be quite nice to play for a length of time and not have to worry about getting disconnected for no apparent reason at any moment.