Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Gauntlets?

AuthorMessage
Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
I like the way wizards cast spells when they don't have a wand in their hand, but I also like the 110 AP no pip cost attacks that comes with my sword. I've been trying to think of a way to have my cake and eat it too and I think gauntlets are the answer. They'll be under a different category, but you will not be able to use gauntlets and a wand until a certain level. The gauntlets will be available in all types of styles depending on where they come from (ex: martial arts-type handwraps in MooShu, opera length gloves in Marleybone, etc.) and will be able to be recolored, but not stitched. They'll work like wands, so when you're able you can wear gauntlets that offer one type of no pip cost attack and use a sword that offers a different type of no pip cost attack. For example, my Grandmaster Theurgist (assuming the "certain level" is 50) would be able to wear Death gauntlets and use a Life sword. Please tell me if there are any problems I'm neglecting and of course if you like it or not. Most importantly, tell me if you'd use gauntlets or not. I don't want KI to add something to Wizard101 that no one plans on using.

Delver
Dec 06, 2009
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
I like the way wizards cast spells when they don't have a wand in their hand, but I also like the 110 AP no pip cost attacks that comes with my sword. I've been trying to think of a way to have my cake and eat it too and I think gauntlets are the answer. They'll be under a different category, but you will not be able to use gauntlets and a wand until a certain level. The gauntlets will be available in all types of styles depending on where they come from (ex: martial arts-type handwraps in MooShu, opera length gloves in Marleybone, etc.) and will be able to be recolored, but not stitched. They'll work like wands, so when you're able you can wear gauntlets that offer one type of no pip cost attack and use a sword that offers a different type of no pip cost attack. For example, my Grandmaster Theurgist (assuming the "certain level" is 50) would be able to wear Death gauntlets and use a Life sword. Please tell me if there are any problems I'm neglecting and of course if you like it or not. Most importantly, tell me if you'd use gauntlets or not. I don't want KI to add something to Wizard101 that no one plans on using.

Yeah, maybe an extension to the wand that you use, not a bad idea ... This time these gauntlets might include different stats such as accuracy, resistance, or damage. Nice Idea ...

- Oran Titanrider, Grandmaster Thaumaturge

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
icewing43 wrote:
Yeah, maybe an extension to the wand that you use, not a bad idea ... This time these gauntlets might include different stats such as accuracy, resistance, or damage. Nice Idea ...

- Oran Titanrider, Grandmaster Thaumaturge

That's something I never thought of! That could also seperate them from wands.

Survivor
Jul 30, 2009
I actually really like the idea of gauntlets or bracers as a replacement to your wand or sword. I mean having a weapon is cool but I always preferred not equipping one when I started our because I like the idea of being a weaponless mage with only my spells and my minion to protect me.

As the game goes on though you can't really choose the option not to wear a weapon because you need those extra pips at the start of battle. But I definitely feel they could add an alternative to wands and swords.

(If they do add bracers or gauntlets they should change the animation so that when the player casts a spell they take out their spellbook, open it and a sparkle type effect like with the school amulets appears from the book, that would be cool.)

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Dalicon wrote:
I actually really like the idea of gauntlets or bracers as a replacement to your wand or sword. I mean having a weapon is cool but I always preferred not equipping one when I started our because I like the idea of being a weaponless mage with only my spells and my minion to protect me.

As the game goes on though you can't really choose the option not to wear a weapon because you need those extra pips at the start of battle. But I definitely feel they could add an alternative to wands and swords.

(If they do add bracers or gauntlets they should change the animation so that when the player casts a spell they take out their spellbook, open it and a sparkle type effect like with the school amulets appears from the book, that would be cool.)

I don't know about the Spellbook animation. It doesn't make sense since we use cards, not our book.