Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Biggest Epic Fail in Wizard101?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 19, 2009
Well... It wasn't my fail but my oppenets. Me and my friend were fighting balance guy and a life...He had like 40 shields. We were losing and, The life earthquaked and he lost all his shields and i lost the traps on me! We. WON!!!
EPIC FAIL

"Leap before you think"

Survivor
Dec 20, 2008
LOL well one time I was trying to beat rattlebones and i was gunna use kraken tresure kard but it fizzled and he kelled me!!!!!!!!!!!! :( :( :(
" Seven times you may fall, but eight times you will rise again"

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
Survivor
Feb 12, 2009
Shiningfantasia wrote:
Biggest epic fail in Wizard101? Release of Celestia.

Bite your toungue! jk. anyway my biggest epic fail was when i was fighting a boss it stormriven hall, he is the one that you go on a sigil for, the triton boss, forgot his name. anyway he boosted and attacked me with his natural attack leaving me with 1 HEALTH! i kept sorting through my deck and attacks were not showing up, all the while boosting for an attack, and i finally get one. i have 5 mana left at this point, just enough for one attack, luckily that attack i drew was skeletal pirate, so i thought "perfect". well guess what, i had enough boost to take him down, but that sadly did not happen. it was all up to that spell, as soon as the round started the last of my mana drained down and i casted pirate. well almost, it FIZZLED! i was almost screaming WHY!
it turns out that the boss had another attack ready. i had a 90% treasure card storm shield on and he used wild bolt. he got unlucky and only got the 10 damage one. i thought, PHEW i gonna live. but no, my shield was used up and he hit exactly ONE DAMAGE! so my only health point was killed by the weakest non zero wild bolt ever. i laughed so hard at this epic fail that i started crying and my side started hearting :D um so that is pretty much it. this was an epic fail i am proud of even though i did not lay a finger on the boss.

Survivor
Mar 27, 2011
I have 2 things.

The first thing always happens to me. If an person uses the storm shark on me my wand disappears, as if the shark ate it .

The seconed thing is when ever I cast a minion spell (I have the water minion) it never uses the spell on me . It usually casts in on itself or on one of my friends. Sometimes he puts so much shields on him that there overlapping, and no one ever atacks him . So now I never use minions.

Delver
Oct 05, 2010
My biggest epic fail was when i was battling a life opponent in pvp. I was a knight and so was he i had to bury him in like 3 infections and finally got him down to a 1,000 health with a like 5 poisons because he kept using death shields. He got rid of all of the infections with sprite ( the pet helped as well) and the next round i had a death blade and a gargantuan wraith i could've easily killed him because he didn't have much resist ( btw i had like 500 health and he put infections on me) then guess what...I FIZZLE AND HE DRYADS! He's back to full health and i didn't have any cards left and no reshuffle either. So I fled and lost 22 points and lost my knight :].

~~Legendary Death : Brandon LegendMask

Defender
May 12, 2009
I did the carpet glitch, but then changed my mind and deleted it. Unfortuantely, I left a plant suspended in the air for months before i got it back. Also, doesn't anyone else notice how some spells get stuck in the middle of the game and stay there until the next one? Funnier things have happened to me but I can't remember them. :-)

Defender
May 12, 2009
This is actually what happened to my friends. I made this little jail in my house. Of course you could port out, but for fun my friend and I turned off our teleports and made it so you could get in, but not out. (Don't ask.) We tricked someone into going in, and he played along and didn't leave but tried to get out. Then, his friend came in and she was trapped. She couldn't find an exit either. The really funny part was in the back of the room there was a door. It was blocked, but we said it like three times before they even found it! It was the furnace room in the death house which wasn't that big either. My friend and I were laughing about it and we couldn't believe how long it took. It was even more funny once they thought they escaped and found that door was blocked too. Lots of fun.

Survivor
Mar 26, 2011
One time when I faught they gurtok barrier demon I was about to kill him I had 1000 hp and it had 700 as I got ready for a finishing judgement I fizzled!!!!! Then I tried my pet spell because I had no more cards, then he used an epic burnzilla and killed me!! I had almost soloed a hard boss at a low level ( now I am 58 and never lose with ra) it was sooo frustrating!!! I suggest buying a talos minion treasure card to anyone I pwned him and the ra boss later.

Explorer
Jul 31, 2010
My greatest epic fail was on my l pyromancer. I don't remember who I was fighting, but I wasn't paying enough attention and discarded most of my attack cards. So use all my attack treasure cards and the enemy is left with - 20 (or so) hp. Luckily a friend helped me out.

My greatest almost epic fail was on my theurgist. I got into a fight with barely any mana left. I had nineteen mana left, just enough for my two centaurs to take out the enemy with one chance for fizzle. My second centaur - fizzled-, but my next one didn't and I lived. Got out of that battle with one mana left.

Fallon Fireeyes, Legendary Pyromancer
Leesha Spiritdreamer, Grandmaster Theurgist

Explorer
Sep 14, 2009
I remember I was trying to beat a boss in Dragonspyre and I had gotten him down to 9 health and defeated the "assistant". I was also almost out of life too, at about 200 and the only spell I could use was immolate, and I had a -25%, and a -80% and -70% damage sheild. The boss went first and cast a spell that did about 150. I cast my immolate and killed myself and him, and then I had to go back and beat him again. I was so mad. Haha!

-Madison Silverblade
Level 46 pyromancer

Survivor
Mar 03, 2010
lol funny title had to see.
well my most epic fail was pretty recent. i was on my lvl 12 balance alt leveling up a bit in the tree of life with a legendary fire. (because i was lvl 12 and in kt )
and so we were fighting youkai and i killed the spider he buffed for efreet but he was just not dead. so i attacked him a few more times and he still had about a thousand health so my fire friend threw a feint on him and then he selected his efreet but youkai was going first and he cast meteor strike and i was like 'what the heckhound!!!!!' i didnt know he had meteor strike and i had about three hundred hp left and he killed me then the efreet killed him but i didnt get any drops it was such an EPIC FAIL!!!!!

Morgrim Icetalon legendary pyromancer
Flint Icetalon lvl 36 thaumaturge
Elie Icetalon lvl 14 sorcerer
Marcus Searider lvl 8 diviner
Tarlac Icetalon lvl 2 conjurer
Quinn Icetalon lvl 1 necromancer

wish we could have more characters

ps.

if anyone doesnt know who youkai is he is a secret boss in the tree of life at the very end of the path a little way from oakheart in the hut with no light on.

Survivor
Jun 10, 2009
Tih was SO funny and epic fail for the storm and fire, I was fighting with a ice aka my cousin and she died, I am a death, when they were legend fire and storm, I had 175 energy when my cousin died and I actually beat both of them! It was epic fail for them cause it was storm and fire and both had about 2000 energy left and I had 174, and I beat them! Lol, EPIC FAIL!

Survivor
Nov 08, 2010
Mine was when I was in 4v4 PvP and I cast a life dispel on the life on the other team cause I thought she was gonna heal and then just before her turn her pet uses the dispel with spritely and she rebirths. rofl talk about epic fail.

Survivor
Oct 24, 2010
SaucySweetDog wrote:
Hey this is sort of a wierd topic but i was just thinking that it would be funny to hear some stories! It can be anything from a very faulty minion to a very badly timed fizzle, just post anything you think might be funny or interesting! For instance, once i got into a battle in MB in Hyde Park when three other guys joined. We fought for a little bit but eventually two of them fled, after having a tough time with the four enemies still left the other guy with me fled too...... So not being aware that the Satyr spell was a 90% fizzle rate instead of 100%, at about 20 life left I cast the Satyr spell and guess what...... it fizzled. Haha i was so mad but I laughed so hard. Haha it was pathetic.
Please share some other interesting and funny stories!

My brother once had a friend named Justin Hawkdreamer thats was level 8 (he was level 30-38 at the time) and he got in a battle when he had 3 other friends to join him told them flee and told my brother to port and what was the battle of? 4 Lost Souls them he sent him a message "Good Luck Heh I bet the lost souls are gonna win!" And Justin thought he was WAY thougher than him and thought he was level 1 lol and my brother killed them all in the 1st round one hit.

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
This isn't a fail, but still a heck of a funny story. I was with my friend, and we were in the Tomb of Storms. The guy was so dang easy I say to him "Hey! I've got an idea! Let's use every blade and trap we have and totally over kill him!" and he goes "Yeah!". So we used every trick in the book to get my friends Sunbird ridiculously overpowered! Wyldfire, Firetrap, Elemental Blade and Trap, Hex, everything one Balance wizard with Ice as secondary and an awesome pair of boots with Curse, and another Balance wizard with Fire as secondary could muster. It was hilarious! We kept the trend going as long as we could for the whole area. Man was it fun!

If you want a fail, though, I'll give you one. I was in a 4 vs. 4 PvP battle and I look at my team. We were pretty good, all from 25-30, and I think "We can do this!" then I see that the other team all have the Savior of the Spiral badge and Celestian gear and I think "We can't do this!". To make it worse they WERE NOT even going to CONSIDER going easy on us. Helephant, Astral spells, they were pulling out all the stops!

Explorer
Jul 08, 2010
Epic fails? I got a lot but the one I'm STILL frustrated at was against an underwater boss or something in Celestia. Haha still so funny... Oh and people, I'm a Storm Wizard and this my fellow wizards is the Story of one of the most badly timed fizzles ever. That day I saw a Tempest card appear in my deck. Okay I passed and passed and all of them ended up being Power pips. I put a blade on myself and some traps on the enemies. Then I was about to hit and in my head I though 'Sayonara! Haha I win you lose!' Then poof! Fizzle... and NOTHING else showed up just some healing spells which I used. Although even when I healed the attack was a Critical I believe that I died. I immediately shut off the game and started muttering angrily to myself. I literally got a pillow and screamed into it. I ignored anyone who tried to talk to me because I would just end up yelling at them. yep the spell would have been so powerful and I was so looking forward to soloing it. Ha but when I stormed into my room, I smiled a little, and that smile turned into a chuckle, and that chuckle turned into a good laugh.

*~Kayla~* Lvl. 57 Grandmaster Diviner
*~Kiley Dreamer~Lvl. 17 Journeyman Sorcerer

Survivor
Jun 29, 2011
My Biggest Fail was my first attempt at soloing malistaire, I got him down to like 200 health but i was also about 200 health we both had 5 pips
It was do or die, Luckly i went first so i used a bladed skeletal pirate it left him with 1 HEALTH!!!!! Needless to say he took the same tactic and skele'd me so i died.

Historian
May 01, 2010
i got another epic fail. i was trying to max out efreet solo and i was serious and was armed with a triple convert, but as most of you guys out there that love to max out spells (least i think) know, that the hardest part, especially solo, is getting up all the traps and putting them down, so i had it perfect, or so i thought i had switched the converts, so it got all messed up, and only hit a hundred thousand.

though the next day, i tried again (with my last 60,000 gold) and i succeeded and ended up hitting a million solo.

Defender
Sep 18, 2009
Biggest epic fail? I have a life character, supposedly high accuracy, but while trying to solo a boss on DS ages ago, I fizzled 5 times in a row, first 2 attacks, and then failed 3 heals trying to stay alive. Sigh. Yeah, it does seem that some days the game just decides you need to die.

Another one was a glitch more than a fail, my friend and I were in a tower and for some reason, when she died, she disappeared. I was wondering why her stats were still there if she fled, and she was wondering why I didn't heal her, because on her screen, she was still there. :)

Now that I have a crew of legendaries, I think the biggest fail is that my life character has the LOWEST accuracy of them all. She gets no boosts from anything, not even her pet, so she has no boost, spells are still 90%. Meanwhile, my Fire has a 23% boost, putting her spells at 98%, Death, and Balance are all at 91%, and my storm, who is only level 53 is already at 91% and will be higher with the better gear as she levels. Sad that the most needed class of them now fizzles the most often.

Mastermind
May 13, 2011
one time, i was gonna test my treasure insane bolt. i cast it and killed myself with it. i was like "oops"

also, heres one i never forget. i did a round with dragons hoard and got fire dragon and skeletal dragon treasure cards. i got a better deck and sold my previous ones, but guess what. i forgot to empty my old deck for treasure cards so my dragon cards got lost. i should have gotten extra money for that

Defender
May 31, 2009
Well... i read all the pages for this lol. Preeetty fail-worthy.

OK!

SO, I was battling Nilbog (Ice pet boss) and was just about to defeat him. He had 15 health (from my garg'd Colossus that did a nice amount of damage, LOL.) and I had 465. I was gonna use my wand attack to finish him off, but somehow, I fizzled. I was like, "WHAT THE HECK JUST HAPPENED?!" Because you all know wand attacks never fizzle. So, since he had three power pips, he Colossus'd me and ended with a Critical. So, I died.

15 times later...

He's at 1 health this time, and I'm sure I've got him! I have 2,760 health and tons of blades and traps. He has like 13 ice traps and such on me. And we both had three power pips. Either he would fizzle and I would cast, or he would cast and it would be over. He went first so...
He went, and casted!
It was a critical colossus with a blade and some traps, which ended up killing me. Again.

I was so mad that I lost to him that I picked up my keyboard, opened the window, and threw it out onto the driveway! After that I realized I threw my pride and joy for this game out the window, so i got and tried Nilbog again for the last time. And guess who won?

I...

LOST I:.

Sabrina, Legendary Thaumaturge

Survivor
Jul 29, 2011
Squire
Jun 19, 2009
Last floor of WinterBreeze tower. The boss had 10 health left! Of course, we had this battle. I decided to use Wraith, my storm friend, leviathen (to back me up) my blanace friend, Ra, (to back up my storm friend) and my life friend did his level 58 spell. Well, mine fizzed. No problem we got high spells next! What? ....... Leviathen fizzed? No problem we still got- WHAT? Ra fizzed?!?! Um, well for sure that my life friend won't- Oh how did I know that was coming? He fizzed. Well we were still OK cause the boss had ten health. Then the boss used a meteor strike that killed us all. WITH FULL HEALTH. Epic Failure

Mastermind
Mar 16, 2010
Shiningfantasia wrote:
Biggest epic fail in Wizard101? Release of Celestia.
Its not the level 48s-60s fault that noobs keep porting in!Also when ds came out noobs kept going in to.