Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Have not finished CL, but what's the point?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 04, 2010
I am on my first wizard and very much enjoy W101. I have been in CL for a while now and just recently reached legendary! Wahoo!

The only problem is now that I have reached 60 and can't level anymore, it seems as if there is no point to go on.

I still have the Chancel and The Trial of Spheres to do, both of which give a LARGE amount of XP, but I am not even going to begin to attempt those until I get an increased level cap. It would be a waste!

If I do them will the XP received from them transfer over when a new level cap releases?

Reaching level 60 is, to say the least, bittersweet.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
fallofenosis wrote:

I still have the Chancel and The Trial of Spheres to do, both of which give a LARGE amount of XP, but I am not even going to begin to attempt those until I get an increased level cap. It would be a waste!

I would advise against doing this if the level increase is in conjunction with a new world. Here's why....If you tack on the xp from the Chancel and Trial of Spheres after the level cap increases, that will only get you to the next level cap even faster while going through less content. So the same problem you are having now, will happen in the next expansion even sooner and possibly even further from the last dungeon/boss of that next world. Even worse, when the next world opens up, you will be behind everyone else in getting to the new areas. The xp is never really wasted since each new world/expansion offers enough xp gain within the new content to increase up to the new level cap. It may be frustrating to play through Celestia without leveling a wizard, but you still are achieving requirements for the next new world. Remember a major requirement for access to Celestia was the completion of the "Final Countdown" quest (defeat of Malistaire). Finally, you could be waiting for a level cap increase for the next two years with the Chancel and Spheres sitting in your quest book. It was two years between the increase from 50 to 60.

Now, your theory would be beneficial if the level cap is increased without new content or a new world. This is highly unlikely given that the majority of MMOs that offer level cap increases have always done this in conjunction of showing of new levels, raid bosses, and other forms of new experience gains.

I'm not suggesting that Wintertusk will offer a level cap increase, just because it is the next new world (similar to Grizzleheim), but I am saying that when the next level cap increase occurs it will likely be in conjunction with a new world (possibly the one after Wintertusk, if not WT itself).

fallofenosis wrote:

If I do them will the XP received from them transfer over when a new level cap releases?

It will not. This is proven from the wizards that continued to progress through Dragonspyre after reaching level 50 and received no additional xp bonuses when Grizzleheim and Celestia were released.

https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/15123.ftl#76599

Mastermind
Jul 26, 2009
fallofenosis wrote:
I am on my first wizard and very much enjoy W101. I have been in CL for a while now and just recently reached legendary! Wahoo!

The only problem is now that I have reached 60 and can't level anymore, it seems as if there is no point to go on.

Well, this may sound crazy, but, maybe you could continue playing for fun?

There's really no reason to play the game except fun, so why not continue Celestia, now that you're a legendary it will be easy. Collect more items.

The game is not just about leveling up.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
You shouldn't worry about stats that much. Finish Celestia and then decide what to do next.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
To answer your question, as when Celestia was released, all Grandmasters started fresh with experience, no matter how many quests were completed. The experience did not accumulate and then be given once the level cap was increased, that experience was simply lost.

That is the down side of reaching Legendary. Also, that puts a huge damper on the new wintertusk expansion coming out soon. Will players really want to play it, even though they will lose all experience from it if they have already reached Legendary?

Survivor
Dec 04, 2010
Points well taken everybody. I do have some crafting quests to complete and seeing as how I am feeling that a new level cap is QUITE a ways off, I might as well finish CL. There's no point in waiting I suppose. Thanks for the input!

Mastermind
Jan 01, 2010
I sort of feel the same way (hating to waste experience points) but agree with prior posters. The next world will have enough points to reach the next level cap and the game is all about fun not just trying to level. Also, if you decide not to proceed, you will have to wait to enter Wintertusk as KI confirmed last week that there will NOT be a level cap increase with that world.

BUT, you have an easy solution here: Start more wizards! You said you are only on first wizard. Anyone who has played multiple wizards will tell you that each school plays VERY differently. You should definitely try some of other schools. Also, after completing the game (or near so) you will see many of the lower level areas very differently and notice name references that you wouldn't have notice the first time (the stolen gold watch in MB is "Celestian antique").

Defender
Aug 06, 2010
I for one like to have everything clean before going to the next area. I wasn't always like this when I did my first wizard, btw. But 4 wizards later, I find it is wiser to do ALL the quests, as I go, and level accordingly as I go. My first wizard has completed every quest.

Both my legendaries hit 60 around Science Center. But I didn't worry about experience and future levels etc. My personal goal was/is to finish everything. And I can farm any area having done this.

If bored - yes there's plenty to do. Crafting, gardening, and my favorite -pet projects, etc. You can also try to get every single badge too...

And of course, you can start a new wizard. It's great seeing and experiencing the game in a different school and perspective. This game can be very cerebral - but enjoy and have fun with it too!

:D
Nora RavenSong lvl 60 balance (with clean quest book)
Ellie NightWeaver lvl 60 death (still needs Grizzle)
Nora SeaStone lvl 48 storm (just got storm lord - woo hoo)
Ellie WinterBane lvl 17(?) ice

Defender
Dec 12, 2008
catboy2197 wrote:
fallofenosis wrote:

Well, this may sound crazy, but, maybe you could continue playing for fun?

There's really no reason to play the game except fun, so why not continue Celestia, now that you're a legendary it will be easy. Collect more items.

The game is not just about leveling up.
Yeah, when my Main Wizard is the highest level (I say that because there might be a level cap before he is,) I would just work on my lower leveled wizards (As I still do now, even though he's only started Mooshu and is level 36,) and have fun!

P.S. But I don't really know completely how you feel, I hardly level up at all, but I'm pretty sure you could try that. (Unless all your wizards are level 60)