Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Malistare's dungen is to long!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 08, 2009
My name for wizard 101 is Jason Anvil Eyes. Iv'e defeated Malistare's dungen but Wizard 101 should not make the dungen so long. It took some glitches and four people to defeat that dungen.

What about the people who have no friends on Wizard 101. They have to do it with nobody helping them. I'm level 52 and I can't even do it by my self.

So the question is why did you make that dungen so long?

Defender
Dec 04, 2010
The reason why is because it's pretty much one of the only challenges left is Wizard101(excluding Malistaire, he's pretty easy). I thought it was fun! Yes, it is time consuming, but it is actually a whole lot of fun!

Why shorten it? It's fine the way it is. And yes, it would be hard to solo, but why should you solo it? KI basically made the game so people would cooperate with each other.

Hero
Aug 23, 2009
It is "long" due to it being the final dungeon of the first story arc. Besides compared to the Trial of Spheres-last dungeon of CL-it is shorter and easier. Malistaire's dungeon can be soloed, since KI took the timer off the crystal activation sequence. Yes it may be difficult but it can be done, that is the point of rising to a new challenge.

Mastermind
Feb 16, 2009
The Great Spyre wasn't meant to be soloed, and it's really not that difficult, with help. If you have three good people with you, you should be in and out of there in fifteen minutes minimum.

I don't see how it's possible that you've gone all the way through the game to DS without making a SINGLE friend that you could do the dungeon with. Even with just ONE friend, the dungeon is very possible, just longer. If you don't have the time, wait until you DO have the time.

Mastermind
Oct 15, 2010
ok. im not a KI person or anything, but i know some tricks to this dungeon. first, you should come with 2 people. you HAVE to know them or both of you have text chat. it doesnt matter what level they are (if you have crowns, its easiest to go with a noob). so, when you go into the path of scales, the battles are optional, just walk around. then go back to the great spyre and have your buddy port to you. then have them run into the battle w/ elementals and dragons. let them stay in until you have successfully traversed around, then have them flee. same for the battle with the colossuses (vengeful fireheart.) next go up the elevator and use the fleeing strategy to go around. then go down the ramp and into the howling cave. have your noob friend go into the battle, then go around and through the tunnel. then go out the door and use the crystal. go back in the SAME door and into the cave. have your friend run in and go around. back to the upper great spyre! now go around the ice battle with yet again the fleeing strategy. now go into the unlocked door to the crown of fire. this is the part you'll be spending crowns on if you brought a noob. if youre friend is good, just fight the battles with them. otherwise, buy henchmen with the noob outside the battles. go through the next unlocked door and fight the servants with your henchmen. NOW MALISTAIRE!! fight him with at least 1 henchman no matter what. voila!!!! you're finished. hopefully.

YAYAYAYAYAY!!!!!

Survivor
Jan 29, 2011
jakerspd wrote:
My name for wizard 101 is Jason Anvil Eyes. Iv'e defeated Malistare's dungen but Wizard 101 should not make the dungen so long. It took some glitches and four people to defeat that dungen.

What about the people who have no friends on Wizard 101. They have to do it with nobody helping them. I'm level 52 and I can't even do it by my self.

So the question is why did you make that dungen so long?

what do yu expect! he is the finall boss not including celestia and he needs to be long. what do you want the dungeon to be short like the jade oni dungeon

Explorer
Dec 05, 2010
So how many sections long is Malistaire's Lair?

Katherine GoldCaster
Level 46
Master Diviner

Defender
Dec 04, 2010
blackbird32 wrote:
So how many sections long is Malistaire's Lair?

Katherine GoldCaster
Level 46
Master Diviner

First is the Lower Great Spyre, and the Upper Great Spyre. You have to activate a crystal by entering through the Dragon's Maw or Howling Cave.

After that is Malistaire's lair.