Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

extra slot in what you wear

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 17, 2009
I would have an amulet too, so i can have the Troll AND Lightning Bats!

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
Potential New Gear pieces -

Gloves/Gauntlets/Bracers
Belt / Satchel
Eyepatch / Glasses / Sunglasses
Secondary Pet
Secondary Ring
Pet Collar (good Idea Sierra)

You could also make Mounts Combat Capable with 1 card of Natural Attack X value

Mastermind
Sep 11, 2010
I think another ring slot would be nice - although, for balance-issues, I can see why it might be a bit of a gamebreaker...

Though, I'd like to see a slot for Belts - they could be purely defensive, or, like amulets, just carry a card on them. Or maybe gloves, although I'd prefer to see gloves as an alternative to wands...

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Johnist wrote:

Gloves/Gauntlets/Bracers
Belt / Satchel
Secondary Pet
Secondary Ring

I like your ideas Johnist. When you look at your list, and think about it. All of these items could easily be added.

The pet collar is a good idea. What kind of stats would you give it?

What would you apply to the belt, eyepatch/glasses, and satchel or do you actually mean a belt pouch?

What would be your idea of the talents on a second pet?
Mine would be that one pet would have spritely, and be able to cast shields of whatever school you are fighting along with a couple more good talents.

The second would be able to cast blades, and traps as well as give you more resist and boost to damage.

the Gauntlets and Bracers could be used to strengthen many areas.

Not asking about the ring since I aready know how you would have the ring unless it is school specific. lol

Just Curious. But you do have a good idea. I like it.

Defender
Jun 30, 2009
theses are all great ideas if ki dos int even consider it they are not to bright cause they could potentially make a lot of money of this idea and the spiral would be a much better place

Mastermind
Jun 13, 2009
how about an extra pet slot? you could have walking-type pet and a flying type pet! Just imagine two pets casting spritely! LOL

Survivor
Jan 18, 2011
You should make pants and back packs that increase your maximum slots :D

Survivor
Nov 11, 2010
I would add another cloak that would be the grim gear so i can have more hp :D

Defender
Oct 31, 2009
If I could pick a second of a curret item slotted I would love a second pet or one of the primaries (hat, robe, boots) but if we are talking about adding new slots then I like the Belt and gauntlets ideas!

I like the Pet collar but that should be like a boosting item for your pet that helps you not like a slotted item. Kinda like feeding your pet a snack that never fades. It could boost stats or grant a ability, maybe even both!

I could also go with the 2nd ring idea as was stated we have 2 hands.

I like the idea of a 2nd weapon too, like a staff/wand and sword combo not two staffs/wands but maybe two swords.

Survivor
Jan 29, 2011
I would like maybe a belt/gloves/a sheield?/bracelet/somethign you put on your knee or wrist? but any of that would work

I just really want new update in the game >>><<< coz i have been not playing/log in in WIZARD101 because i got nothing to do and i dont wanna cancled my suscription but im already lvl 60 and being bored for months havnt any new update i saw a pet rock and i got sad i thougth it would be the WINtER TuSK :(

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
So many of these ideas are interesting that I wonder if KI would consider simply giving us a "free hand."

In other words, leave a slot open and the individual player can choose to carry one extra ring, athame, wand, pet, amulet or something new like a "shield." The limit is one extra thing, but the wizard can choose which thing based on what he or she thinks is most useful.

Mastermind
Dec 21, 2009
Idk if anyone has used this already, but I would add gauntlets. Their main focus would be things like defense/critical block, and power pip percentage.

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
goldendragon18 wrote:
Johnist wrote:

Gloves/Gauntlets/Bracers
Belt / Satchel
Secondary Pet
Secondary Ring

I like your ideas Johnist. When you look at your list, and think about it. All of these items could easily be added.

The pet collar is a good idea. What kind of stats would you give it?

What would you apply to the belt, eyepatch/glasses, and satchel or do you actually mean a belt pouch?

What would be your idea of the talents on a second pet?
Mine would be that one pet would have spritely, and be able to cast shields of whatever school you are fighting along with a couple more good talents.

The second would be able to cast blades, and traps as well as give you more resist and boost to damage.

the Gauntlets and Bracers could be used to strengthen many areas.

Not asking about the ring since I aready know how you would have the ring unless it is school specific. lol

Just Curious. But you do have a good idea. I like it.

The Pet collar, as Sierra had placed it would be like giving a specific Talent to a pet, and once placed on the pet unable to be removed without losing all energy. Each pet would be only able to wear 1 Collar at a time. Pets with the ability already unlocked cannot have the ability duplicated on a Pet Collar.

Glasses / Shades / Eye Patches could be added that boost Accuracy, or they could have other effects like +5% Gold, or things to increase XP or Rare (Crowns Item / Pet) drops. Glasses could even have an Out of Battle effect that allows you to click on an enemy for the enemy stats, including Power Pip%, Block/Crit Rating, HP, Boosts / Resists, etc.

A Belt, Bandoleer, or Satchel could be gotten to either increase backpack space, or carry unused elixirs won from duels or gifted/purchased so as to not automatically use them. Satchels and Belts could have a maximum storage.

The thing with the Bracers, many of the current Rings in the spiral in DS, GH, and CL actually look more like BRACERS than Rings. They look like they should be worn on the Forearm instead of the finger.

Come to think of it, we don't actually have PANTS in the Spiral... Our pants are considered parts of our Shoes. Isn't that odd? So why not give us Pants?

As for walking around with 2 pets, I'd say both pets would give their standard bonuses including cards, etc. instead of a Mount and a Pet.

Explorer
Feb 15, 2009
Alright not trying to be rude or mean or anything like that but...people, you need to stop saying gauntlet, free hand, second ring, etc.
It's been said. Multiple times. Just say you like their idea.
Anyway the new gear I had in mind would probaly not be "gear" but still an update. I really think you guys at KingIsle should go somewhere new with the jump thing.

Bradley EmeraldThorn
StormChaser

Survivor
Aug 18, 2010
Survivor
Dec 26, 2009
An earring slot, or a belt, or gloves that you can actually see equiped would be great.

I'd love the powerpip-for-other-school amulet to have its own slot. Since nobody will ever use any other necklace anymore once they have a powerpip-for-other-school amulet.

Explorer
Feb 13, 2011
all of the above, but instead of 1 generic free hand, haow about:
9 extra ring slots, 1 extra ground pet slot(2 if you don't already have one on), 1 extra air pet slot(2 if you don't already have one on), 1 extra shoe, robe, and hat slot, one extra athme slot, one more wand slot, 3 more amulet slots, 1 extra deck slot, maybe an escape item slot(smoke bomb, gobbler gas in a jar, acid rain cloud, ect.) that allows you to escape without using mana or health, but dissapears after use.

hope that you guys like this.

Survivor
Jun 14, 2009
I would tottally put in gloves or hair change.

Matthew Lionhunter - Level 51 Life -

Survivor
Mar 23, 2010
With the new amulets, it'd be great to have two amulet slots, so that we don't have to discard the one we've currently got our wizards using just to utilize the dual school thing.

Survivor
Aug 07, 2010
SillyStud wrote:
I have a few possibilities for this one. I would love to see gloves added to the game (though my original idea was to have the gloves act like a wand by giving a pip and placing spells, they would take the wand slot but you would cast as though you were not wielding a wand...just a thought, and the wand attack would go to the middle and blast like some bosses do :D ). I'd also like to see shields. Shields could be wielded off-hand and provide us with a certain amount of resistance and/or healing boosts. That way we'd have a way to boost our resist without changing gear or relying too heavily on pets. Just some thoughts :)

John Lifeglen
Legendary Sorcerer
Grandmaster Artisan
Grandmaster Gardener

i think it should be a shield because you see enemies holding swords and shields when they attack not a wand

Defender
Sep 28, 2010
An extra amulet slot another ring slot and maybe 2 gauntlet slots would be awesome :)

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
Explorer
Feb 22, 2009
StarsongKY wrote:
Instead of an extra slot in our own gear, how about magic collars for our pets that give them a specific extra Talent?

You could get a Spritely collar, or one for Pain-Giver or Storm Shot.

They'd be pretty expensive in gold, maybe Crowns only for the better ones, and the best would require a GM Artisan with a major recipe & expensive components.

To cut down on wizards swapping a collar from pet to pet, have it use up all your energy to remove a collar from a pet (just like taking a pet from the Shared Bank).

I'd also make it so that you can't equip a collar on a pet that already has that Talent, so you couldn't use one to get a double Spell-Proof pet for instance.

That's GENIUS!!!!! I would definitely pick your idea if I worked for KI. :) I think they would be available in the crowns shop only, and cost a ton of crowns and require your pet to be a certain level

Survivor
Jan 26, 2011
dbhbw911 wrote:
if you could add one slot what you wear what would it be?

personly i'd add another amulet so i could use like pagued coller of the beast & markmakers lightning locket or markmakers lightning locket & storm lord's pendant

Please reply

Ryan Griffinglade lv.46 diviner

I agree. Then all those new school mastery amulets we could use with our favorite amulets. I'd like balance mastery and akori's deep water amulet.

Maybe like an upgrade workbench too, that you could add overlay and underlay armor to it for certain amounts of money. Also, don't you think it would be awesome if we could equip two pets at a time?

Survivor
Jan 26, 2011
Paige MoonShade wrote:
I would like to add gems to give extra boosts.
I would also like he bracelet/gauntlet style items too.

Maybe gems that you could put emergency mana into for if you get low in battle?