Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

extra slot in what you wear

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 20, 2010
if you could add one slot what you wear what would it be?

personly i'd add another amulet so i could use like pagued coller of the beast & markmakers lightning locket or markmakers lightning locket & storm lord's pendant

Please reply

Ryan Griffinglade lv.46 diviner

Administrator
Survivor
Mar 19, 2010
I'd like to equip some wrist bracers... I believe they're called guantlets.

But they could either add another card like amulets, or health/mana boost. Either way, it'd be great!

Historian
May 01, 2010
i would add an extra pet, the reason is that you woluldnt have to go to the hatchary day after day trying to cross breed spritely and fireblade into a tree walker or something, just add a helephant and a sea dragon.

Defender
Mar 05, 2009
The easiest place to put an extra gear slot would be a second ring - we've got two hands. :-) A belt would work too, and be something either boys or girls could wear.

As for what to put in that slot, how about taking some of the pet talents and putting them in wearable gear? The "May Cast Spell" talents in particular would be great to have around all the time, especially the ever-popular Spritely.

Community Leader
I would like to add gems to give extra boosts.
I would also like he bracelet/gauntlet style items too.

Explorer
Oct 28, 2010
Power Stones

These stones would fly around your wizards head and function similar to a pet. I.e. have the ability to cast random spells; grant specific bonuses to different stats (health, mana, power pips, attack, defense, critical, blocks); be school specific; and possibly grant a card.

I think it would be great if we had to create our own unique stone.

Like a pet, every stone would have a maximum number of available enhancement slots (for instance four). Additionally, each stone would have maximum number of potential enhancement points (for instance 25).

Each enhancement would cost so many points (like pet traits).

Each enhancement would require completing a quest for the necessary ingredients, and recipe. Then you craft your new stone – using the old stone as a base.

In order to have each wizard earn their own power stone, the special regents could be no auction/no trade. The quests could be solo "towers". And, the final item could be no auction/no trade.

Another idea, would be another ring. I mean our wizards do have two hands.

If you want to stick to the theme inspired by the Athame, how about a Chalice or Singulum?

On a side note, I think it would be great if we could have headbands or circlets. That way we could show off our hairstyles that we picked at character creation.

Survivor
Jun 06, 2010
A second weapon. Too many times you equip a weapon based on the boss, and it ends up being from the same school as the minions. This way you can equip a weapon for EACH type of school you are fighting! (max of 2 of course!) :D

Thanks!
Kiera Wyrmtamer,
Legendary Pyromancer

Danielle Frostweaver,
Master Thaumaturge

Survivor
May 18, 2009
I have a few possibilities for this one. I would love to see gloves added to the game (though my original idea was to have the gloves act like a wand by giving a pip and placing spells, they would take the wand slot but you would cast as though you were not wielding a wand...just a thought, and the wand attack would go to the middle and blast like some bosses do :D ). I'd also like to see shields. Shields could be wielded off-hand and provide us with a certain amount of resistance and/or healing boosts. That way we'd have a way to boost our resist without changing gear or relying too heavily on pets. Just some thoughts :)

John Lifeglen
Legendary Sorcerer
Grandmaster Artisan
Grandmaster Gardener

Defender
Mar 05, 2009
Instead of an extra slot in our own gear, how about magic collars for our pets that give them a specific extra Talent?

You could get a Spritely collar, or one for Pain-Giver or Storm Shot.

They'd be pretty expensive in gold, maybe Crowns only for the better ones, and the best would require a GM Artisan with a major recipe & expensive components.

To cut down on wizards swapping a collar from pet to pet, have it use up all your energy to remove a collar from a pet (just like taking a pet from the Shared Bank).

I'd also make it so that you can't equip a collar on a pet that already has that Talent, so you couldn't use one to get a double Spell-Proof pet for instance.

Survivor
Jul 19, 2010
I think you should add a Bolline it's used in magical studies and it's like an athame, but is used differently maybe we could add those and add energy to our pets and gardening. In true magical studies it's used to cut herbs that are going to be used in spells.

Squire
Apr 30, 2010
I love the gaunlet idea. I also love the pet idea too. I would love to use two necklaces at the same time. I also love the collar idea but maybe have our pets wear our extra necklaces.

Explorer
Oct 28, 2010
SillyStud wrote:
I have a few possibilities for this one. I would love to see gloves added to the game (though my original idea was to have the gloves act like a wand by giving a pip and placing spells, they would take the wand slot but you would cast as though you were not wielding a wand...just a thought, and the wand attack would go to the middle and blast like some bosses do :D ). I'd also like to see shields. Shields could be wielded off-hand and provide us with a certain amount of resistance and/or healing boosts. That way we'd have a way to boost our resist without changing gear or relying too heavily on pets. Just some thoughts :)

John Lifeglen
Legendary Sorcerer
Grandmaster Artisan
Grandmaster Gardener

Oh I never thought of gloves = wands, that would be amazing.

And shields, what a great idea!

Survivor
Apr 30, 2009
Personally I think capes would be a cool addition.
Julia DragonRider level 50

Survivor
Apr 20, 2010
Professor Greyrose wrote:
Great question!

I can't wait to see the answers from our community.

Thanks Professor!
I thought no one would reply

Survivor
Apr 20, 2010
I forget to add you could also improve one of the already egsisting areas of your gear

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
Survivor
Feb 15, 2011
Survivor
Oct 17, 2008
Shields sounds cool, but in our other hand we have athames. Maybe instead of that we can put something like, well, "other hand". It could range from swords to shields to maybe potions the wizards make that you throw as a bomb or drink for a short stat boost.

I also like the pet collars for our pets. They are powerful, but hard to get. Here's a thought, maybe there can be super rare ones that have a talent that even the normal pets can't get! Also, more common ones that give the pet stat boosts (intelligent, agility, ect.).

Kyle Thundershard, Master Sorcerer

"Without balance, there is only chaos"

Mastermind
Jun 06, 2009
Survivor
Oct 03, 2009

any or all of the following :P

second ring
bracelet
gems added to existing items
collars for pets
belts
pants/skirt
top (these two in place of whole outfit)

Pat R aka Autumn Jadeheart (and her 5 sisters)

Delver
Jul 04, 2010
I would like an extra ring.

Also, I like the idea of collars, but, I'm going to combine ideas here. Instead of giving an extra ability, gives us a chance to equip tags to let us change an ability already learned or select an ability in that's already in the gene pool.

Explorer
Jan 20, 2010
bracelet charm amulet thing...
or something on your wrist....
got ring and amulet combined would be cool :P
or a shield! :D boost pip/mana/health/defence :)
or it can give one extra pip :D (small or power...)

Survivor
Jun 15, 2010
these is my first time replying on a post here in wizard101 will i say i'd like a lot of things
so i will list them
1#ahave a braclet slot
2# a belt slot to put your wand in it
3#a gun slot of gun gear XD lolz i know i sound like a boy when i said that
4#a scarf slot more likely it is like and amulet but a scarf
5#a make up slot i know i sound girly now XD
6#a pet outfit slot XD
7#a pet amulet slot
8#a eye slot like to change your eye and mouth and hair like that but you have to pay first
XD lolz half of these are ridicelouse

Survivor
Mar 30, 2010
StarsongKY wrote:
The easiest place to put an extra gear slot would be a second ring - we've got two hands.

Actually, if you look at it that way, then we should be able to have 10 rings in total, 20 if you count our toes.