Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Whats the best combo?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 14, 2010
I was wondering what is the best school of focus and the best secondary school to get through the sprial faster

I am starting a new wizard
and wondering whats the best combo for her

-Erica lvl 55 balance :D

Delver
May 26, 2009
Anilite16 wrote:
I was wondering what is the best school of focus and the best secondary school to get through the sprial faster

I have a death with storm as secondary and he has soloed 95% of the game.
As death, you almost never die in battle and you don't need pixies in your deck. hehe

I was thinking that maybe fire/storm with life up to satyr, death up to feint, and maybe ice up to tower shield would be a good combo too.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
There's no "best" school. It's a matter of taste: of what kind of wizard you want to play. I've played Life and Storm past grandmaster. They're entirely different from each other.

The secondary school spells depend on the primary school. As a general rule, you want to get the Elemental or Spirit blade from Niles, depending on your school. Ice's Tower Shield (and the Volcanic Shield that comes with it) is another good choice.

Other than that, it depends on what your primary school is going to be.

Squire
Apr 30, 2010
I have a life/storm combo that rocks until I got to Celestia. I was able to solo most of the way.
I have a death/ice which seems to be good too.
Try myth. I've been able to solo her so far. I have ice as her secondary school but I would suggest that you pick a different school. I haven't used the ice at all.

Explorer
May 26, 2010
Look, w101 is a strategy game so it is all different. I focus on damage health and critical. So i picked life and death as secondary so i can heal and i am fire so that takes care of damage so what do care about on w101 tell me and i will tell you

Survivor
May 19, 2009
Anilite16 wrote:

I strongly believe that balance for primary, storm for secondary, and life for third is your best option.

Balance has enough power to get you through wizard city easily, and by then you will have enough storm spells to defeat the krokotopia bosses quick. As you get into dragonspyre/celestia you will need satyrs to defeat bosses like cuthalla and calypso without having to grind through.

Overall, it is the best combo for getting through the worlds fast.

Justin Dragonglade

Master Diviner

"We cannot descover new seas until we have the courage to lose sight of the shore"

Explorer
Oct 28, 2010
FireyFury wrote:
I strongly believe that balance for primary, storm for secondary, and life for third is your best option.

Balance has enough power to get you through wizard city easily, and by then you will have enough storm spells to defeat the krokotopia bosses quick. As you get into dragonspyre/celestia you will need satyrs to defeat bosses like cuthalla and calypso without having to grind through.

Overall, it is the best combo for getting through the worlds fast.

Justin Dragonglade

Master Diviner

"We cannot descover new seas until we have the courage to lose sight of the shore"

I actually did this combo, Balance/Storm, and it is not good combination.

In the beginning, when power pips are rare, the storm spells are a nice enhancement to the balance arsenal. However, once you start gaining power pips regularly, the cost of the storm spells becomes to great. In fact, I don't use any of my secondary school spells.

Furthermore, Balance suffers from not having many spells that enhance their attack. Nor do they have any shields against their own school (something I always found rather odd, but that is another discussion).

To mitigate this deficiency, the best secondary schools for Balance are Death (to Feint) and Ice (to tower shield). However, I honestly don't beleive their is a best combination. Different people have different stategies. As long as they are having fun playing , they have the best combination. :D

A. Darkweave Legendary Sorcerer