Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Discarding spells

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 24, 2010
I am just terrible about inadvertently right clicking a spell, thereby discarding it, when I meant to left click it to use it. I've seen my sons do the same thing. It would be nice if there was an option to either CTRL + Click (or some other meta key), or be prompted to discard.

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
I would honestly think that would make it more complicated than it needed to.

Unless you are left handed or something and use a mouse configured for right handed people, I find that right-clicking is rather hard to get used to.

I have in the past 'accidentally' discarded cards, but, I just needed to be more careful. Right now, discarding is quick and easy, and it is ok the way it is.

Delver
May 26, 2009
silvrwood wrote:
I am just terrible about inadvertently right clicking a spell, thereby discarding it, when I meant to left click it to use it. I've seen my sons do the same thing. It would be nice if there was an option to either CTRL + Click (or some other meta key), or be prompted to discard.

Wonderful idea. There have been countless times when I have ONE healing card left in my deck and then I accidentally discard it.

Just adding on: I hate it when I accidentally click on a pixie/sandstorm/any card that hits all enemies when I don't need it. Always happens with the pixie. This is a new feature that was added a couple of months ago and was nice at first (cuz it's automatic I'm lazy) but became annoying.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
It sounds more like a hardware issue. You might want to check out your mouse elsewhere (i.e. your desktop) and see if the mouse itself is causing problems.

Survivor
Sep 24, 2010
I do understand that it would complicate things for some - probably many - people. That's why I would like it to be an option. Like in the GamePlay settings or something.

Squire
Apr 30, 2010
I do that by mistake and I am right handed. There is an easy fix for it. I have the reshuffle card. The secret trainer in Colassus Blvd. has it. It's great for getting the cards back that you need and will help you in DS.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
All it takes is time in the trenches...or as I tell my students...Practice, Practice, Practice. After about a month of gameplay it should be automatic.

Survivor
Sep 24, 2010
I've been playing since around September of last year, and I'm an IT professional who has no issue with differentiating between right and left clicking otherwise. It's a lifestyle issue for me - being a single, working mom who is trying to squeeze in time to play with her son while cooking, cleaning, doing laundry... That means I play on the run in limited spaces with my laptop, which eliminates the curve of a mouse to trigger muscle memory recognition of which key is being pressed. Taking an external mouse along through the house isn't really feasible, and paying more attention to the game means burning the food or leaving the house trashed. :P My oldest son, on the other hand, has fine motor skill developmental delays, so it is difficult for him to get it right (left in this case).

Actually, I know there's little chance of this, but I'd love to have a whole new tab in the options section just for setting controls - like Tony Hawk Pro Skater for Playstation.

Anyway, an option users could toggle would still allow those who have no problem with the current command trigger continue as is, but also allow those of us who are in some way challenged play smoothly. It's a wish list thing, and I'm just hoping.