Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New Minions?

AuthorMessage
Squire
Apr 30, 2010
As we advance on why don't you give us new minions as well as level 58 pets? A lot of people complain how weak or selfish there minions are. I have a major problem with my life minion having mostly rank 1 and rank 2 spells especially since I'm in Celestia. I would love to have a minion that had seraph, centaur, forest lord, and heals all at the same time.
I like my death wizard's minion and my myth wizard's cyclops minion.

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
I think the only class in need of a more powerful minion is the Myth class.

Since the Myth school is introduced as the solo artist using minions, it should get more powerful minions that can actually be utilized in Celestia and higher.

As it is now, minions are completely impractical to use except for the Living puppet. Keep the Myth class a solo artist and provide them with more powerful minions.

As for the other schools, them having minions is fairly generous. Those schools naturally would not be provided with minions because those schools' distinction does not lie within minions.

Delver
May 26, 2009
tweetybird18428 wrote:
As we advance on why don't you give us new minions as well as level 58 pets? A lot of people complain how weak or selfish there minions are. I have a major problem with my life minion having mostly rank 1 and rank 2 spells especially since I'm in Celestia. I would love to have a minion that had seraph, centaur, forest lord, and heals all at the same time.
I like my death wizard's minion and my myth wizard's cyclops minion.

This is a great idea, but I think that the schools besides myth don't get new minions because their school doesn't specialize in minions like myth does. So, maybe the other schools have 2 minions and myth might get a new one? This might be fair.

Also, we are getting level 58 pets in the next update (Wintertusk).

Squire
Apr 30, 2010
Thanks for your replies. I mean all the schools get new minions, even myth. Here's another question. What kind of minion should each school get?

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
I would like to see a 'common' minion, perhaps granted by a special quest or something. Maybe a 2 or 3 point, say, level 30+, maybe elemental, but usable by any school.

Explorer
Sep 01, 2010
Ice minion: Yeti 500 health, gives ice and fire shield. Attacks with blizzard,
ice shark,and ice elf. Gives tower shield to someone on the casters side. Casts Balefrost

Explorer
Sep 01, 2010
My friend , a balance wizard, had a spectral minion spell. Storm elemental popped up on the field and it kept healing himself.It rarely healed my friend
or put shields around him. I think that the storm minion should attack more.

Defender
Sep 28, 2010
Yes my fire minion was useless when i got him they should make minions more powerful as you level up so at legendary my fire elemental will have phoenix meteor strike sunbird fire elf fire blade fire trap more health and some shields all minion should be like this.Also i new minion would be great to.

Squire
Apr 30, 2010
Mike I like your idea too.
Life should get a centaur or satyr or dryad.
Storm should get a kraken or stormzilla
Balance should get either ra or judgement
Ice should stay with collosus but get higher spells
Fire should have a fire shark or fire kraken
Myth I'm not sure
Death should stay the same but get some healing spells.

Survivor
Apr 11, 2011
MikeStrath wrote:
I would like to see a 'common' minion, perhaps granted by a special quest or something. Maybe a 2 or 3 point, say, level 30+, maybe elemental, but usable by any school.

Minions... many I have seen are basically the same "creatures" we have been defeating (and defeated by) since we started playing the game... the idea of a "pet" as a companion for the lone-wizard was a cool idea. Some of the pets are even pretty awesome - we can all agree because the one(s) we really wanted we aquired early on in our game. I would rather cast a "Minion Spell" and have my own pet assume the player-position to cast my schools spells in lieu of some creature... We all have pets - we just need the spells :) Cast the "minion spell" and your own pet leaves your side and occupies a player-position until you win or lose the duel... how can anyone not like that!?!