Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

gold

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 03, 2010
i keep getting low on gold. and the prices to use crowns to buy gold are way too high. i dont get very much gold from quests, and i have run out of stuff to sell.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
peaceluver423 wrote:
i keep getting low on gold. and the prices to use crowns to buy gold are way too high. i dont get very much gold from quests, and i have run out of stuff to sell.

The fansite at Wizard101Central.com has some good ideas for getting gold. You can do a search on there for "how to get gold". Check this one out for starters:

http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=153458&highlight=how+to+get+gold

Adherent
May 20, 2010
Crowns is far too expensive a way to get gold.

I generally upgrade equipment at levels ending in 5 and skip upgrading at levels ending in 0.. This gives me enough time to make gold to pay for the equipment.

Squire
Apr 30, 2010
I run into that problem every so often and I am in Celestia. I don't buy anything unless I need it. Another thing you can do is keep going into the street fights. You gain experience and gold that way. Get the wooden chests. Sell all your gear in the bazaar because you actually get more money for it. Also, I have money goals. My one money goal right now is to buy a myth house without using crowns and I have enough for that right now. My other money goal is to have enough for hatching. ( I have a friend who wants to hatch with my satyr.)

Delver
Feb 25, 2010
I have found that if you "farm" the characters, you can get drops from them that you can sell at the bazaar. A tip: most items for level 50+ fetch around 1000 gold each, some more than that. A lot of higher-level crafted items also fetch around 1000 gold, if not more. "Farming" also keeps your battling skills honed, I have found.

Defender
Sep 28, 2010
I can get 100,000 gold if i sell 120 items at the bazaar most of the items are from celestia.