Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

My questions About DS 3-26

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 12, 2009
Hey guys! last time I posted one of these messages I was still working in The Crucible... I think. Anyway, here are 3 questions about DS. 1. How long does The Great Spyre take with 4 GM/Master peeps? I need an answer fast on how long because if it takes more than 2 and a half hours KI will be getting an angry letter from my dad. 2. Is Throne of fire were you fight Malastaire? And is The region storyline leading up to Malastaire divided into 3 parts? 3. I see the Dragon's Claw Roost on the DS Academy map, but it is NOT on the DS world map! What is its perpouse? thx.
P.s. I am in The Crystal Grove right now so Great Spyre is right around the corner!
Ethan Iceblood lvl.44 life wizard

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
oriole01 wrote:
Hey guys! last time I posted one of these messages I was still working in The Crucible... I think. Anyway, here are 3 questions about DS. 1. How long does The Great Spyre take with 4 GM/Master peeps? I need an answer fast on how long because if it takes more than 2 and a half hours KI will be getting an angry letter from my dad. 2. Is Throne of fire were you fight Malastaire? And is The region storyline leading up to Malastaire divided into 3 parts? 3. I see the Dragon's Claw Roost on the DS Academy map, but it is NOT on the DS world map! What is its perpouse? thx.
P.s. I am in The Crystal Grove right now so Great Spyre is right around the corner!

1. The dungeon warning will tell you how long it takes to complete that dungeon when you step on the sigil. With four people it is likely to take less time.

2. The Crown of Fire is where you fight Malistaire.

3. You will soon see for yourself the surprise of Dragon's Claw Roost.

An angry letter to KI will likely do little good. Parents and children control the amount of time played on computers and console games, not KI. KI just provides a persistent game world that is available 24 hours a day to accommodate young wizards from all different time zones. Very few dungeons require more than two hours to complete.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
oriole01 wrote:

1) Time needed: I woudl say give 2 hr allowance. If you know the dungeon, less, if you use a lot of AOE spells, probably less. If you are unsure of what to do, add more. If you aren't good at sneaking around enemies, add more. I took about an hour earlier this week with just two of us (lvl 47 & 48) but I do know the dungeon. Your dad will not need to send a letter to KI< but if you do take longer, you should look into the mirror when affixing blame.

2) Dragon Claw is the canyon you fly the dragon through to reach the Great Spyre. You also find some 'Paths' in the dungeon, they are just connecting areas (paths).

3) Crystal Grove > back to Drake Hatchery > Forum > then on to beat the poor, confused insane soul.

Defender
Dec 04, 2010
1.) With four grandmasters/masters, the dungeon shouldn't even take an hour! The bosses are pretty easy, but you should still have a few tricks. For example, use the "bait." One person would go fight, then the others walk around. The person dueling flees, drinks a potion, and teleports back to a friend. Also, you should be able to navigate the dungeon. You don't want anything that isn't needed for the quest. Go to this link for info about navigating to him:

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Location:The_Great_Spyre

2.) The Crown of Fire is where you fight him. However, to do this, you must defeat 6 monsters, 3 in each circle, and defeat them to unlock the door leading to the room. Once there, you must defeat 4 Soul Servants, and once then, you see a cutscene, and fight Malistaire. The type of group that I believe can defeat him fastest is one Storm, one Balance, one Life, and one Ice. This gives the Strength, the Buffs, the Heals, and the Defense.

3.) Only KI knows the answer, but I believe the most likely reason is because KI doesn't want any spoilers. They probably want players to actually know where Malistaire(Ashley tells you this) at the right time.

Defender
Nov 20, 2010
oriole01 wrote:

Hi there. :) I'm here to answer your questions, so here goes:
1) Using the "cheat" (not really a cheat; everyone knows it) I beat it in somewhere between 1 hour and 1 and a half hours with only 1 GM friend.
2)No, you fight him in his lair in the Grand Chasm. (or Great Spyre--I did it last night and can't even remember! )
3) All it does is let you ride the dragon to see Malistaire. That's all. It's just ilke the boat to Krokosphinx, the air ballons in MB, and I forget what in MS.

Survivor
Jul 12, 2009