Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Which plants yeild the best pet snacks?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Dec 25, 2010
So I finally got up to a high enough level I can plant everything. I want to know which plants yeild the best snacks for pet training.

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
In my opinion, Prickly Bear Cactus yields the most pet snacks. They also sometimes yield rank 8 snacks. Mostly though they yield rank 4 and 5. Every so often I get a lower rank card.

King Parsley also yields a few snacks such as Rock and Roll Candy, PBJ, Star lollipop, and Star fruit.

Hannah Lifebringer level 60 Life

Delver
Mar 08, 2009
The burning snap dragons can give you killer tomatoes. They are really great snacks for pets. Also they are really easy to take care of.

Defender
Sep 28, 2010
The plant that gives you the rarest of all pet snacks is evil magma peas.I have 4 of them last harvest i got a bunch of rank 9 and 8 pet snacks i had 7 rank 9 and 3 rank 8.

Defender
Mar 05, 2009
I mainly grow Prickly Bears for pet snacks, they drop their own seeds a lot too so once you get started you'll rarely need to buy more seeds. Most are rank 4-5, sometimes they drop rank 8 megasnacks.

Fickle Pickles can drop a few rank 5 snacks and an occasional rank 6 crafted cereal snack (Frosted Drakes).

Pink Dandelions (crowns/dropped plants) are easy to take care of and often drop rank 6 Golden Pizza snacks at Elder.

Defender
Jun 12, 2009
another i think that gives rank 8 snacks is the maelstrom snap dragon i was told it gives dragonhorned melon. (also yielded in mega snack pack)

Survivor
Nov 07, 2010
dylanforwalk wrote:
another i think that gives rank 8 snacks is the maelstrom snap dragon i was told it gives dragonhorned melon. (also yielded in mega snack pack)

Confirmed. Got one a few days ago.

Survivor
Jan 21, 2011
SoarinOC wrote:
So I finally got up to a high enough level I can plant everything. I want to know which plants yeild the best snacks for pet training.

The rye bread fruit bush can give golden wheat bread.

Mastermind
Mar 16, 2010
pyromaniac023 wrote:
The plant that gives you the rarest of all pet snacks is evil magma peas.I have 4 of them last harvest i got a bunch of rank 9 and 8 pet snacks i had 7 rank 9 and 3 rank 8.
Where do you get the magma peas at? i really want them now that you said so.

Delver
Feb 16, 2010
pyromaniac023 wrote:

This is incorrect. The evil magma peas give one rank 9 snack per plant at elder harvest only. They are a crowns only plant, so far not known to be dropped by any boss. They are relatively easy to take care of however, and I consider them an excellent value. The couch potatoes also give one rank 9 snack at elder, but they do give other lower level snacks as well. They are also a crowns only plant. Both will give one seed back at elder harvest so that they are renewable, but they will not multiply.

For non crowns plants, your best bet is prickly bear cactus. They will drop rank 8 snacks through out their harvests, not just at elder, but don't expect them from every harvest. They occasionally have cycles when you won't get any. They will drop lots of other snacks as noted above and lots of seeds for replanting. The Maelstrom Snap Dragons can drop both the rank 9 Mystic Dragon Fruit and the Rank 8 Dragonhorned Melon. I've never had them drop this except at elder harvest, and it can be a very rare drop. They do not drop their own seeds. But they are dropped by many bosses in Celestia and can be bought from a vendor in Wintertusk.

Survivor
Sep 09, 2009
I think king parsley and pink dandelion drop some good snacks. I got a submarine sandwich, golden pizza, rock & roll candy, and some other snacks which i can't remember from them.

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
I believe Maelstrom Snapdragons drop Mega Snacks if you're lucky. I read it on the Wizard 101 wiki the other day, but I'm having trouble remembering.

Defender
Mar 06, 2010
Any plant that gives mega snacks, couch potatoes, evil magma peas, and deadly helephant ears, if you have crowns. If you don't or don't wan't to spend any crowns on items, maelstrom snap dragons, prickly bear cactus, baby carrots and rye bread fruit bushes will sometimes give them at elder. The crowns ones give more though. Also, King Parsley gives rank 5 snacks, Pink Dandelions give golden pizzas at elder which are rank 6 but give +7 to your pet (weird). Also, Burning Snap dragons give a great one, rank 7 but +8 to your pet. The pink dandelions can drop unlike the couch potatoes, evil magma peas and deadly helephant ears. But the non dropped crowns plants also give great non mega snacks, so if you can get those three, they are the best plants for pet snacks

Defender
Jul 10, 2009
Aritako wrote:
pyromaniac023 wrote:

This is incorrect. The evil magma peas give one rank 9 snack per plant at elder harvest only. They are a crowns only plant, so far not known to be dropped by any boss. They are relatively easy to take care of however, and I consider them an excellent value. The couch potatoes also give one rank 9 snack at elder, but they do give other lower level snacks as well. They are also a crowns only plant. Both will give one seed back at elder harvest so that they are renewable, but they will not multiply.

For non crowns plants, your best bet is prickly bear cactus. They will drop rank 8 snacks through out their harvests, not just at elder, but don't expect them from every harvest. They occasionally have cycles when you won't get any. They will drop lots of other snacks as noted above and lots of seeds for replanting. The Maelstrom Snap Dragons can drop both the rank 9 Mystic Dragon Fruit and the Rank 8 Dragonhorned Melon. I've never had them drop this except at elder harvest, and it can be a very rare drop. They do not drop their own seeds. But they are dropped by many bosses in Celestia and can be bought from a vendor in Wintertusk.

Actually I have a garden of Maelstrom Snap Dragons going on and they do drop their own seeds. I haven't paid much attention to how many seeds, like if they multiply or just reproduce one, but I'll start checking and post back later.

-Alura WinterBreeze Legendary Thaumaturge ;D

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
I believe Maelstrom Snap Dragons give Mega Snacks! I've heard they are quite difficult to take care of though. The snacks are Mystic Dragon Fruit and Dragonhorned Melon. I think the snacks only drop at Elderly. I looked up Evil Magma Peas on the wiki, and it says that if you grow them to Elderly, you can get either: Captain Cantoloupe, Fancy Yogurt, Cherry Tomato or Mystic Dragon Fruit. All of these are rank 9 pet snacks. Evil Magma Peas are Crowns only, though. I seachered Prickly Bear Cactus too, and apparently they can drop a large variety of snacks, 1 at Mature, 3 at Elderly. It can drop one (or three) or any of about 41 different pet snacks. Some more low ranks, some rank 5, and Crab Apples which are rank 8. There may be a few more rank 8 snacks too. Prickly Bear Cacti are sold by Charley in Krok for 2,400 gold and Maelstrom Snap Dragons are sold by Ivaldi Silverpelt in Nordriland for 3,600 gold. Cactus Bears don't seem to be dropped by any bosses, but the Maelstrom Snap Dragons are dropped by many enemies in MooShu and Celestia.

Delver
Feb 16, 2010
niyadjahan wrote:
Aritako wrote:
pyromaniac023 wrote:

Actually I have a garden of Maelstrom Snap Dragons going on and they do drop their own seeds. I haven't paid much attention to how many seeds, like if they multiply or just reproduce one, but I'll start checking and post back later.

-Alura WinterBreeze Legendary Thaumaturge ;D

I've grown quite a few of these and have had Maelstrom Snap Dragons drop the plain Snap Dragon seeds regularly. But they have never dropped their own seed, nor the Burning Snap Dragon seeds for me. The Wiki does list the Burning Snap Dragon seed as a drop however. I would be interested to know if your MSD dropping their own seeds is a recent development or not?

Defender
Feb 25, 2011
I have no idea where these came from, but in the month-long gap in which I had no membership last spring, I kept coming on daily to garden. My garden has key limes, couch potatoes, the occasional pink dandelion if I felt like it several species of snap dragon and helephant ears, and rye and corn bread fruit bushes. Over that monthlong period, I probably got a hundred plants to elder and did zero pet training during that time. When I came back on and started training my pets again, I saw that I had a bunch of new snacks from harvests. I go to the snacks after a game and feed it a rank 8 snack without looking at the total xp it gave and my pet got a grand total of SEVENTY EIGHT extra experience from the snack. I had at least ten more snacks like this. I have no idea which plant they came from. But my garden rocked. :-D

HOPE THIS HELPS!!!

Sophia AshHeart
GrandMaster Gardener

Survivor
Jan 23, 2009
Evil magma peas are a great snack as shown here but what is the best?
You decide by using these links
http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/House:Evil_Magma_Peas
http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/House:Prickly_Bear_Cactus
http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/House:Maelstrom_Snap_Dragon
So you decide which is best! :D :D :D :D :D :D

Blaze Winterbreeze Level 42 Thaumaturge, Rank 8 gardener