Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

To Be The Villian

AuthorMessage
Delver
Sep 18, 2009
Superwiz1560 wrote:
wiler5002 wrote:
Superwiz1560 wrote:
cat12ninja wrote:
Superwiz1560 wrote:
wiler5002 wrote:
KI cant do this because it might be suggestive to kids lie me that evil is good. Then their would be problems.

wiler5002
"When I say no I mean it"

Kind of worst-case, don't you think? How many kids do you know that take a magical world of Wizards, monsters, and shiny things as seriously as possible? There's a good chance that you don't have to expect any of your friends to start doing bad things because they play a villian on a kid's game.

No, I agree with Wiler5002. Superwiz1560, don't think it won't happen. Having someone you look up to (perhaps on a game) will change your attitude.

Yeah, maybe. But who looks up to a villian on anything? What kid plays this game and thinks 'Gee, I want to be like Malistaire someday.'

There's a difference between looking up to someone and thinking they're cool. Lots of TV and game villians are cool, but not many kids will actually look up to them, and if they do, chances are, they're not playing W101.

Well most kids play this game and think "I want to be like Ambrose one day" But if you were helping Malistariare they might think "I want to be like Malistare one day" See what I mean.

No, not really. Just because you're playing as somebody evil will not necessarily cause you to look up to that person. Think of it this way: Does anyone REALLY want Swiper to steal stuff from Dora? People like Swiper because he's funny and think's he's cool because of his costume and funny voice. But anyone who really, truly looks up to Swiper's naughty deeds should not be watching Dora the Explorer. It's a similar thing on Wizard101.

Does Dora speak 5 year olds to anyone. Yeah not a good comparrision.

Mastermind
Feb 16, 2009
wiler5002 wrote:
Superwiz1560 wrote:
wiler5002 wrote:
Superwiz1560 wrote:
cat12ninja wrote:
Superwiz1560 wrote:
wiler5002 wrote:
KI cant do this because it might be suggestive to kids lie me that evil is good. Then their would be problems.

wiler5002
"When I say no I mean it"

Kind of worst-case, don't you think? How many kids do you know that take a magical world of Wizards, monsters, and shiny things as seriously as possible? There's a good chance that you don't have to expect any of your friends to start doing bad things because they play a villian on a kid's game.

No, I agree with Wiler5002. Superwiz1560, don't think it won't happen. Having someone you look up to (perhaps on a game) will change your attitude.

Yeah, maybe. But who looks up to a villian on anything? What kid plays this game and thinks 'Gee, I want to be like Malistaire someday.'

There's a difference between looking up to someone and thinking they're cool. Lots of TV and game villians are cool, but not many kids will actually look up to them, and if they do, chances are, they're not playing W101.

Well most kids play this game and think "I want to be like Ambrose one day" But if you were helping Malistariare they might think "I want to be like Malistare one day" See what I mean.

No, not really. Just because you're playing as somebody evil will not necessarily cause you to look up to that person. Think of it this way: Does anyone REALLY want Swiper to steal stuff from Dora? People like Swiper because he's funny and think's he's cool because of his costume and funny voice. But anyone who really, truly looks up to Swiper's naughty deeds should not be watching Dora the Explorer. It's a similar thing on Wizard101.

Does Dora speak 5 year olds to anyone. Yeah not a good comparrision.

But if I read correctly, you're not talking about 'anyone', you're just talking about children. Older children or adults won't have the problem of 'looking up to Malistaire. Similarly, older children or adults don't watch Dora the Explorer. If you ask me, I think that's really good comparison.

Delver
Dec 06, 2009
This isn't too good of an idea. I like how you posted it on here though, very nice thought.

Defender
Jan 08, 2010
In a way this idea is already thought up. (the death school) Although i dont think death should be the bad school even though it is what its name says. And yes i think you should choose whose side youd rather be on. Ambrose's side or Malistare's/Morganthe's? That would be an interesting twist. and i think if your bad you should have more unique spells so to speak. You'd still have the basic schools only with a "bad" twist. not the nonappealing twist the bad guy twist. As same goes for the good "team". Please comment on this little side note. Yes i know it is a little off track but i just now got the idea and wrote it down before i forgot. :P