Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Doors wont open to complete task in Emp Retre

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 17, 2011
SO, I have two tasks to fight Prince Suten Sokkwi and the Other dude down the long hall. Problem is I cant get the doors to open! I've complete all tasks leading up to this and I am Frustrated!
Makes no sense! Help!

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
toots4life wrote:
SO, I have two tasks to fight Prince Suten Sokkwi and the Other dude down the long hall. Problem is I cant get the doors to open! I've complete all tasks leading up to this and I am Frustrated!
Makes no sense! Help!

I seem to remember two sets of doors to open.

On one set, you have to turn all of the braziers "red". Just a side note here... on my computer "red" looks like "orange", "blue" looks okay as blue, and "purple" is a pale shade of red/purple. So make sure you have "red" on them or it won't work. And you are on a time limit here too, so go quickly or the first braziers go out and you have to re-light them.

On the other doors, after you fight "the other dude", I think he was the Keymaster, there is a code somewhere (either in his room or in the hallway). They are usually the yellow banners hanging from the wall. They show the symbols for what you need to light up to open the other doors.

I haven't been there for a while, so I hope this helps.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
In case you haven't finished this yet, don't forget to pick up the beetle for Emperor's Retreat. It's on one of the docks on the Frozen Lake.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
The first two boss battles are the 'walk to the doors and you port thru' type.

The third is an 'end of hallway' battle.

The fourth is behind a door that again you walk to.

The fifth is behind a puzzle.

My guess is that you are talking about the first two, and they should open when you walk and face them. If not, quit and reselect the character and try again, it may be a minor glitch. If it is still a problem, exit and try switching realms. If this doesn't work, send a note to Mr. Lincoln.