Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Henchmen who do spells out of their school

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 16, 2010
Hello KI,
I have noticed in the last few days that ALL of the henchmen I hire above level 20 do spells other than what is typically available in their school. I don't know how others feel about this, but when I hire (for example) a 40th level Death henchman to help me fight a Life opponent, I don't expect that he will be throwing ineffective Life spells. Or another example would be the Storm henchman that I hired to help me fight Myth. He threw Myth. NOT helpful when you are down to your last 200 health points and have no pips of your own to finish off an opponent. I realize that you may have made the henchmen this way to better blend with the reality of the game...ie... players throw all spells so henchmen should too. If this is the case then I will hire no more henchmen as their magic is too unreliable to be of any real help to me.
Taryn Death Legendary
Kestrel Myth Legendary
Fiona Grandmaster Life
Suri Adept Sorcerer

Defender
Sep 28, 2010
Henchman are worthless half the time the life henchman heals people who dont need healing while some person has like 100 health left...

Adherent
May 20, 2010
Henchmen use out-of-school spells like just about everybody else.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
The pattern for secondary school seems to be the same for bosses (eg Life cast fire as a secondary). Just like the Bosses, you can use these patterns in your selections of spells and which henchman to buy.

As for Life healing, the henchamn is good for solo play, as Sun gets healed first...so hire Life if you want healing while you do damage, etc.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
When I hire (for example) a 40th level Death henchman to help me fight a Life opponent, I don't expect that he will be throwing ineffective Life spells. Or another example would be the Storm henchman that I hired to help me fight Myth. He threw Myth. NOT helpful when you are down to your last 200 health points and have no pips of your own to finish off an opponent.

If you are at such a critically low point in health, the best henchman to buy is a Grandmaster or Legendary Life henchman. They will immediately begin healing you when they enter the game, giving you a chance to recover and kill the enemy on your own. Even if you die, they will heal you. This is a huge benefit and the best way to use your crowns when you're gasping your last breath.

If you are looking to have some help in dishing out damage, then you should buy your henchman much earlier in the battle. The earlier, the better. You can be boosting the henchman and keeping your health high while they attack, and even if they occasionally use the "wrong" spell, you will be healthy enough to survive the temporary damage setback.

Think about what you need and when you need it before you spend the crowns. If you need help with damage, get that help early on. If you need help because you're near defeat, get a Life "doctor" and let them heal you. Either way, when you're getting the right henchman at the right time, you will be very happy with the help your henchman can provide you.

Survivor
Sep 16, 2010
Freshta wrote:
When I hire (for example) a 40th level Death henchman to help me fight a Life opponent, I don't expect that he will be throwing ineffective Life spells. Or another example would be the Storm henchman that I hired to help me fight Myth. He threw Myth. NOT helpful when you are down to your last 200 health points and have no pips of your own to finish off an opponent.

If you are at such a critically low point in health, the best henchman to buy is a Grandmaster or Legendary Life henchman. They will immediately begin healing you when they enter the game, giving you a chance to recover and kill the enemy on your own. Even if you die, they will heal you. This is a huge benefit and the best way to use your crowns when you're gasping your last breath.

If you are looking to have some help in dishing out damage, then you should buy your henchman much earlier in the battle. The earlier, the better. You can be boosting the henchman and keeping your health high while they attack, and even if they occasionally use the "wrong" spell, you will be healthy enough to survive the temporary damage setback.

Think about what you need and when you need it before you spend the crowns. If you need help with damage, get that help early on. If you need help because you're near defeat, get a Life "doctor" and let them heal you. Either way, when you're getting the right henchman at the right time, you will be very happy with the help your henchman can provide you.

As you can see by my signatures I am not new to the game. I understand how the henchmen work and what I need to buy and when I buy them.

Survivor
Apr 09, 2011
I guess they are using their secondary school spells.