Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Level 58 gear makes storm overpowered

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jun 01, 2010
i mean seriously... their lvl 58 gear gives them 26 percent accuracyy!!!!!! and the highest damage rating i mean come on seriously? They now have the highest accuracy and their only weakness is their health...so overpowered

Adherent
May 20, 2010
(I have removed this post, as it was made when this thread was in Halston's Laboratory.)

Defender
Feb 28, 2010
Maybe so, but their health is very low compared to other schools, which gives them a huge disadvantage. Storm may be able to hit hard, but it doesn't take much to kill them, which balances storm out!

RipShred wrote:
i mean seriously... their lvl 58 gear gives them 26 percent accuracyy!!!!!! and the highest damage rating i mean come on seriously? They now have the highest accuracy and their only weakness is their health...so overpowered

Delver
Sep 26, 2009
Believe me, their health is enough to kill them. They get less than about any other school by about 1000 points. 2100-2400 about. They also have not as good a power pip chance. Everyone spams storm and tower shields anyway. They aren't over powered.

Historian
May 01, 2010
RipShred wrote:

well then, thats a first, someone complaining about storm, not ice.

ok so here, all of the 58 gear gives one amaising stat, on storm fire ice and maybe myth,it boosts the accuracy up to 95%
storm- 70% spells, plus 26= 96%
fire- 75%+19%=94%
ice-85%+9%= 94
myth-same as ice?

and then life death and balance's gear get over 100% power

could you not only look at the boost, but the ending product?

Survivor
Nov 01, 2009
I am a storm wizard myself and I think they should keep it but boost some other stuff up though. I saw some lvl 58 gear for death and life and it is low. I think they should make more powerful and make the damage 65-70% damage instead of 50%. Also they should lower the power pip % for life and death and make it 95% and make balance 100% if it isn't already.

Defender
Dec 04, 2010
It takes a lot of leveling up and gold to actually get to that gear. Getting it as a drop is also near-impossible. Besides, it doesn't raise the health at all. Storm is pretty much balanced here.

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
RipShred wrote:

Hmm. I agree in some places, but Life gets like, +30+% damage.

Delver
Sep 26, 2009
mman17 wrote:
RipShred wrote:

Hmm. I agree in some places, but Life gets like, +30+% damage.

I have seen life wizards with +54% damage.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
RipShred wrote:

Highest damage has always been Storm, that's why you bring up the Wizard to the upper levels. I have seen a lot of Storm in PvP lately, and many do very well, even against Ice.
Having a strong Wizard in PvE helps everyone, so that can't be a complaint.

But look at Balance, Judge at 7 Power pips, does 1400, plus internal gear boost of 50%, bringing it to 2100 before any blade or Gargan is added. This is close to the damage they can do way before Level 58 showed up.

When I have my Balance in PvP, a Storm does scare me a bit, because they can attack so fast with so much damage. The point is, we have dispell, -70 sheilds, tower shields, weakness, and we can cut down their heals by 50%.
They may be strong, but they can be beaten, just like Ice, Fire, and Myth.
Death can be an issue with it's dragon, and Life can take a long time and be hard to kill, but Storm is always a great PvP battle.

I have seen where Storm Wizards are using Wild Bolt on Gangan over and over. Some times it wins and some times it doesn't but that is just part of the strategy some use.

Bottom line, the are strong, and they need that High Power and Quick attack, otherwise they could never win in PvP with their low health.

Joseph LionHunter.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
slammer111 wrote:
RipShred wrote:

ok so here, all of the 58 gear gives one amaising stat, on storm fire ice and maybe myth,it boosts the accuracy up to 95%
fire- 75%+19%=94%
ice-85%+9%= 94
myth-same as ice?

Talking about exaggeration! Okay, time to fix some of these errors!

Myth has an accuracy of 99% with level 58 Gear!
Storm has 96% Accuracy
Fire has 94% Accuracy
Ice has 89% Accuracy
None get any power pip chance increase with gear!

Life, Death, and Balance get 26% Power Pip chance increase but do not get any accuracy increase! Leaving life at 90% and Balance and Death at 85%!

Anyhow, the subject is that this gear makes storm overpowered! Because storm gets 65% damage boost? Storm has the least health, is not good with shields, no great DOT spells without great effort! But has high powered attacks. Storm is exactly where storm should be!

Delver
Mar 15, 2009
my storm has 21%acc.65%pip 77%dam,and 2211 hps,we have a lot of power to hit yes we do,but we got low power pip/hit points,yea if we live long enough we can take you out,but we got to live long enough to do it.

my death is 15%acc,96% power pip,66%dam,2900+hps
my life is 15%acc,96%pow pip,53%dam,2800+ hps
my balance is 15%acc 95%pow pip(can have101PP)50 something dam,3000+hp

storm can hit hard but they have to live long enough to do it.

M.RedBlood death lev 60

Delver
Oct 08, 2010
The health does play a big factor. Legendary storms are about a thousand or to below everyone else's health and stor complaining and become a storm if you think so.

Survivor
Aug 10, 2009
Umm for real?????? I can't agree with this... Storm are POWERFUL yes but to say they have HUGE advantage are you kidding me???? They have lowest health in game Fire being next. who doesn't have any storm shields I like to know in 1v1 storms are eating alive to any good player in PVP they have little to no chance of winning.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
loindark wrote:
Umm for real?????? I can't agree with this... Storm are POWERFUL yes but to say they have HUGE advantage are you kidding me???? They have lowest health in game Fire being next. who doesn't have any storm shields I like to know in 1v1 storms are eating alive to any good player in PVP they have little to no chance of winning.

Eaten alive? really? Really really?

Hmmm, interesting. Everyone has different strategies in PvP, while some are better than others, there are ways around everything. A good Storm PvP, will know how to mutate a fire elf to a storm elf. There is a Storm hound that eats storm shields for breakfast. A legendary storm can use wildbolt, with a critical and gargantuan and no blades, traps, or any other boosts can do over 4000 damage for 2 pips. Sorry, but storm is very much still a power house, I eat every school for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Then I go back for snacks!

Historian
May 01, 2010
darthjt wrote:
slammer111 wrote:
RipShred wrote:

fire- 75%+19%=94%
ice-85%+9%= 94
myth-same as ice?

Talking about exaggeration! Okay, time to fix some of these errors!

Myth has an accuracy of 99% with level 58 Gear!
Storm has 96% Accuracy
Fire has 94% Accuracy
Ice has 89% Accuracy
None get any power pip chance increase with gear!

Life, Death, and Balance get 26% Power Pip chance increase but do not get any accuracy increase! Leaving life at 90% and Balance and Death at 85%!

Anyhow, the subject is that this gear makes storm overpowered! Because storm gets 65% damage boost? Storm has the least health, is not good with shields, no great DOT spells without great effort! But has high powered attacks. Storm is exactly where storm should be!

but yea, i may have not been 100% correct, but i have seen life balance and death have pp% go over 100 (with the standard 58 gear) and wow myth has 99% accuracy?!?!?! btw i thought ice's spells were 85% accuracy

Explorer
Jun 01, 2010
storms power is very high....their accuracy rating from their lvl 58 gear makes their accuracy 96% and now their only weakness is their health storm's 70% accuracy was designed like that so it can be fair cause of their power but not their accuracvy is even more than life accuracy... all they need is 4 turns. blade gargantuan leviathan = instant death

Armiger
May 10, 2010
@Slammer111

Base Accuracy is as Follows:

Storm 70%
Fire 75%
Ice 80%
Myth 80%
Death 85%
Balance 85%
Life 90%

@RipShred

Yes, storm gear does give storm the highest accuracy and the highest damage, however storm does have very low health.

So, with all the storm shields out there, storm needs the better accuracy and high damage to keep alive. It all balances out

Historian
May 01, 2010
RipShred wrote:
storms power is very high....their accuracy rating from their lvl 58 gear makes their accuracy 96% and now their only weakness is their health storm's 70% accuracy was designed like that so it can be fair cause of their power but not their accuracvy is even more than life accuracy... all they need is 4 turns. blade gargantuan leviathan = instant death

plz tell me you dont just assume that, but you actually did the math. because a bladed gar. levy is only about 20000, you realize that? unless to storm, there is no threat of an instant kill. also, did you take into account that in 4 turns it is almost impossible for a bladed levy to kill, because nowadays, you have to admit, a lot of people spam tower sheilds

Armiger
May 10, 2010
slammer111 wrote:
RipShred wrote:

plz tell me you dont just assume that, but you actually did the math. because a bladed gar. levy is only about 20000, you realize that? unless to storm, there is no threat of an instant kill. also, did you take into account that in 4 turns it is almost impossible for a bladed levy to kill, because nowadays, you have to admit, a lot of people spam tower sheilds

Okay, here is actual math on this equation:

Level 60 storm with 63% damage + 5% damage boost from pet with crafted gear giving 150 critical hit points!

1030 Leviathan Base Damage + 225 Gargantuan + 68% Gear Damage Boost
+ 35% Treasure Storm Blade + 30% Storm Blade = 3700 or 7400 critical

Now if you critical and they have a standard tower shield of 50% damage is:
3700 if critical or 1850
If they are using a treasure tower shield of 55%, damage is:
3330 if critical or 1665

Now, if only a tower shield was used and storm hit a critical, the only one I think that could have survived that is Ice.

Delver
Sep 26, 2009
darthjt wrote:

Level 60 storm with 63% damage + 5% damage boost from pet with crafted gear giving 150 critical hit points!

3700 if critical or 1850
3330 if critical or 1665

Now, if only a tower shield was used and storm hit a critical, the only one I think that could have survived that is Ice.

Dont forget the resists, fire and ice can get about 35-45(?) resist to storm. (this is using the lvl 58 gear) Then there is also the fact that not all storms learned gargantuan and have a boost from pet. You are assuming many things here. What about not using treasure storm blades? and Leviathans base is 1000 not 1030. If you assume the pets give boost to damage then assume that the other person's pet gave them a resist boost. Also, the other person could have attacked if they went first, storm could have not gotten all power pips. Im not trying to argue with you im just stating some things :)

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Spiritshadow wrote:
darthjt wrote:

3700 if critical or 1850
3330 if critical or 1665

Dont forget the resists, fire and ice can get about 35-45(?) resist to storm. (this is using the lvl 58 gear) Then there is also the fact that not all storms learned gargantuan and have a boost from pet. You are assuming many things here. What about not using treasure storm blades? and Leviathans base is 1000 not 1030. If you assume the pets give boost to damage then assume that the other person's pet gave them a resist boost. Also, the other person could have attacked if they went first, storm could have not gotten all power pips. Im not trying to argue with you im just stating some things :)

Nothing wrong with stating things and pointing things out. Any good pvp player will have treasure blades for their school. Most will also have a good pet that will help them in battle. Yes, fire does resist storm 36% and you can add in 9% for pet resist. However, fire does not have as much health as ice, so they may not survive, like I said Ice would. You are correct in all aspects except that leviathan does do 1030 damage.

Delver
Sep 26, 2009
darthjt wrote:
Spiritshadow wrote:
darthjt wrote:

3700 if critical or 1850
3330 if critical or 1665

Nothing wrong with stating things and pointing things out. Any good pvp player will have treasure blades for their school. Most will also have a good pet that will help them in battle. Yes, fire does resist storm 36% and you can add in 9% for pet resist. However, fire does not have as much health as ice, so they may not survive, like I said Ice would. You are correct in all aspects except that leviathan does do 1030 damage.

Oh, sorry. Every time i see my leviathan spell i only see 1000. Though i bet its just me lol.

Mastermind
Jun 13, 2009

Storm is NOT over powered.

That's all I got to say on the matter.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Okay, I want to state this fact!

Even though I did state what a Leviathan could do with only 2 blades, crafted gear, with gargantuan, does not mean that I think storm is OverPowered at all.

Storm, like every other school, is right where they belong!