Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

One party pay for both hatching fee?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Aug 06, 2010
Has anyone wanted to hatch with someone else who didn't have enough gold - but you did? And if the other friend/person doesn't farm as much, it would take them some time to earn the gold...

Or what if you have the popular pet like the nightmare and people keep hitting you up to hatch... and you don't really want a 5th nightmare... then you can have the other party pay for the entire hatching.

So here's a thought for KI - can you add an option where one party can pay for both people's hatching fee?

Thoughts - anyone else?

Delver
Sep 26, 2009
I think that would have its ups and downs.

How would it appear? In the hatch request or in the main screen of the hatch?

I can see people using it in the way you intend but people can also just always click other person pay for and abuse the option.

I do like the idea though.

Defender
Feb 28, 2010
Not a good idea, cause if you are paying and your friend is not, they are going to get a pet out of it, so it's like gifting.

If KI is to do this, then the option of one party paying for the hatching would have to include the non-paying person not receiving a pet hatch.

Defender
Aug 06, 2010
Well then, what if the paying party would be the one who would - 1) click on a box that says yes they will pay for both, 2) and another box as to whether the 2nd party should get a pet (gift) or not.

OR - what if there is an option where only 1 person is to get a pet at the cost of 1 person? It would be like self hatching - except with another person.

I don't know - I'm just thinking out loud here...

I like helping a few good friends to get a rare pet or hybrid - even if it's a couple attempts. But after a while - it gets expensive to repeatedly hatch with random people at the hatchery... guess I just have to keep saying no. :?