Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

School of Time

AuthorMessage
Explorer
May 28, 2009
ok saego some newer ideas that you might like:

Mirror:if the foe casts a trap,DOT,or negative charm on you,the foe also gets one but at half power Exp. the foe casts a 30% fire trap on you and they get a 15% fire trap on themselves

Reversed power:any power pips that the enemy team has are turned into normal pips

Metal Ward:when cast your ward must be broken three times in order for it to dissapear

Fortified Spell:When anyone casts a global spell, that spell cannot be replaced

time ward: A tower shield like ward is cast,it is 10% the round it is cast then icreases by 10% every round it isn't broken, the max it can reach is 90%

Time Blade:same as time ward but with a blade

Time trap:same as time blade and shield but with a trap

Random: it picks a random spell in your deck and casts it at a random foe

Timely Hit:wait 3 rounds then do 550 moon, star, or sun damage to enemy(I know time shouldn't be doing damage but you have to wait for it to attack and you CAN'T attack while waiting)

Please comment on my spells saego(and anyone else really)

Explorer
Jul 31, 2010
Matinils, I really like some of these, but a few need tweaking so they aren't as powerful.

Mirror:if the foe casts a trap,DOT,or negative charm on you,the foe also gets one but at half power
This minus the DOT spell. DOTs are attacks not boosts.

Reversed power:any power pips that the enemy team has are turned into normal pips This spell would be extremely powerful and so would have to cost a lot of pips. Change this to on one enemy. It would cost half the number of pips it was taking away. If the enemy had 4 power pips, you are taking away four pips and the spell would cost two pips. If the enemy had 7 power pips, you would be taking away 7 pips and it would cost 3 pips.

Metal Ward:when cast your ward must be broken three times in order for it to dissapear I posted a spell like this before:
Second chance – the shield this is used on will break once, than reform and only disappear the second time it is broken.
Since I would envision second chance costing 2 pip, I suppose Metal ward would cost 3 pips.

Fortified Spell:When anyone casts a global spell, that spell cannot be replaced
This i a rather powerful spell. To balance it I would suggest it prevents it from being replaced for six rounds.

time ward: A tower shield like ward is cast,it is 10% the round it is cast then icreases by 10% every round it isn't broken, the max it can reach is 90% I really like this one.

Time Blade:same as time ward but with a blade

Time trap:same as time blade and shield but with a trap

These two are too powerful. It would also replace storm's supercharge. I would suggest increasing by 2% each round for up to 9 rounds.
An addition to the time ward, trap and blade trio would be time charm, a negative charm (like weakness) similar to time ward.

Random: it picks a random spell in your deck and casts it at a random foe Can you explain what the point of this is? Maybe a better use would be Random- you cast it on your enemy, and they don't have control of their deck for one turn. Unlike beguile they cast on you, but they can't discard, draw treasure cards, or control which spell is cast on you (or them) or which player it is cast on. This is a sort of a wild card: it could cast a good blade on them, could cast one of their blades on another player who couldn't use it, could cast a strong attack on you or could use a lot of their pips in an attack when you have a shield that greatly reduces the damage.

Explorer
Jul 31, 2010
While looking at the spells suggested for time school I have noticed that many require pips. This brings me to the question of using power pips. Since I envision the Time School as a secondary school, and none of the other purely secondary schools (the celestial schools) use pips there comes the question of power pips. My suggestion is that time school can use power pips of any school.

Explorer
May 28, 2009
Thanks for the suggestions saego!We'll go with your ideas!
Now here are some more spells:

Clockwork glitch:a global spell is removed from play/cost=2

Interest:lose one pip then in 2 rounds gain three pips instead of one/cost=0

Nasty glitch:the foe uses twice the pips for their next spell and you take 400 damage/cost=3

Bad timing:if the foe atacks you next round they take half the damage/cost=4

age of accuracy:all your teams spells have plus 40 accuracy for 3 rounds and all enemies spells have plus 10 accuracy for three rounds/cost=4

Golden Enchant:your neext spell has 100% accuracy and does 100 more damage/cost=either 3 or 4

Explorer
Jul 31, 2010
Clockwork glitch:a global spell is removed from play/cost=2

Nice, the pip cost for this spell is frustrating because global spells cost different depending on the school. I would want it to be less than putting up your own bubble, but that leaves the pip cost at one or two.

Interest:lose one pip then in 2 rounds gain three pips instead of one/cost=0
Nice, I would just make it cost one pip instead of lose one pip with a zero cost.

Nasty glitch:the foe uses twice the pips for their next spell and you take 400 damage/cost=3 This is a nice concept. For X pip spells it would do half the damage, and if you don't have enough pips to cast the spell with doubled pip cost, you would be forced to pass (if you already had already cast the spell). I would leave out the you take 400 damage, the spell is powerful enough without it.

Bad timing:if the foe atacks you next round they take half the damage/cost=4 I would change this to either costing only two pips or being triggered by the next attack instead of only lasting one round.

age of accuracy:all your teams spells have plus 40 accuracy for 3 rounds and all enemies spells have plus 10 accuracy for three rounds/cost=4 nice

Golden Enchant:your neext spell has 100% accuracy and does 100 more damage/cost=either 3 or 4

This is like sun school enchantments. I would make it an enchantment that costs one pip and adds 40% accuracy and 100 damage.

Delver
Feb 18, 2010
this idea is interesting, but i think it would be better as a secondary school, but there's one prob. where are we going to get the training points for this? i have two secondaries, storm and star. i don't want to give up on those, so there would have to be a new level cap and much more training points for how many new spells there could be, and idk if that's going to happen. it's still a good idea, and maybe even a new idea for a new world, based off time travel or something. it's going to need more work though :D

Explorer
May 28, 2009
New Spells!!!!(I'm like a machine!)

Mechanical problem:you take 450 damage and foes next two attacks are dispelled/cost=1

Time saga:Every turn for eight rounds one spell gets randomly dispelled from the enemy team/cost=7 or 8

Fire's time:all fire attack spells have 100% accuracy and do 100 more damage for 3 rounds/cost=3 or 4

storm's time:all storm attack spells have 100% accuracy and do 75 more damage for 3 rounds/cost=3 or 4

ice's time:all ice attack spells have 100% accuracy and do 135 more damage
for 3 rounds/cost=3 or 4

myth's time:all myth attack spells have 100% accuracy and do 125 more damage for 3 rounds/cost=3 or 4

death's time:all death attack spells have 100% accuracy and do 50 more damage.All death drain spells have 100% accuracy and do 90 more damage convert half to drain for three rounds/cost=3 or 4

life's time:all life attack spells have 100% accuracy do 40 more damage.All life heal spells have 100% accuracy and heal 100 more for 3 rounds/cost=3 or 4

balance's time: all balance attack spells 100% accuracy and do 130 more damage for 3 rounds/cost=3 or 4

Explorer
Jul 31, 2010
this idea is interesting, but i think it would be better as a secondary school, but there's one prob. where are we going to get the training points for this? i have two secondaries, storm and star. i don't want to give up on those, so there would have to be a new level cap and much more training points for how many new spells there could be, and idk if that's going to happen. it's still a good idea, and maybe even a new idea for a new world, based off time travel or something. it's going to need more work though

I don't know if you read the whole post, but there is are several of us who see time as a secondary school (see a previous post where I expounded on this). I really have to agree with you that time school would need a new world, new level cap, etc. A different solution would be to make time spells, or at least some of them free for all schools. Do you perhaps have any spell ideas? I tend to lean towards spells that manipulate the playing field, instead of attacks and since you seem to have thought this through I really look forward to seeing your spell ideas.

Explorer
May 28, 2009
matinils wrote:
New Spells!!!!(I'm like a machine!)

Mechanical problem:you take 450 damage and foes next two attacks are dispelled/cost=1

Time saga:Every turn for eight rounds one spell gets randomly dispelled from the enemy team/cost=7 or 8

Fire's time:all fire attack spells have 100% accuracy and do 100 more damage for 3 rounds/cost=3 or 4

storm's time:all storm attack spells have 100% accuracy and do 75 more damage for 3 rounds/cost=3 or 4

for 3 rounds/cost=3 or 4

myth's time:all myth attack spells have 100% accuracy and do 125 more damage for 3 rounds/cost=3 or 4

death's time:all death attack spells have 100% accuracy and do 50 more damage.All death drain spells have 100% accuracy and do 90 more damage convert half to drain for three rounds/cost=3 or 4

life's time:all life attack spells have 100% accuracy do 40 more damage.All life heal spells have 100% accuracy and heal 100 more for 3 rounds/cost=3 or 4

balance's time: all balance attack spells 100% accuracy and do 130 more damage for 3 rounds/cost=3 or 4

Well saego, you gonna review these?

Defender
Apr 26, 2009
If the time school was created to have spell to be 8 pips it would need to be a primary school. But in all it sounds like an awesome school, and for your level 48 title you would be called the "Master of Time" XD

Diana Dragonpyre
Life: Legendary

Explorer
Jul 31, 2010

For these to work we would need a new dispel, spiral dispel. Like curse, weakness, and balance blade, any school spell could trigger it. That being said I really like these ideas, though I would suggest some changes. For mechanical problems, instead of the next two attacks being dispelled, it should place two spiral dispels and cost 2 pips, (this pip amount taken from 2 pips for one dispel and 450 damage for the other). Also the damage should be time school damage. For time saga, I would suggest making it place one spiral dispel on a random enemy, at the beginning of each turn, for the number of rounds equal to half of the pips used, cost x pips. (Note, if you have an odd number of pips, one pip will not be used.)

for 3 rounds/cost=3 or 4

I am not sure about the varying damage on these, but the concept is good. However, it should last for longer than 3 turns, perhaps four or five turns.

Explorer
Jul 31, 2010
If the time school was created to have spell to be 8 pips it would need to be a primary school. But in all it sounds like an awesome school, and for your level 48 title you would be called the "Master of Time" XD

Diana Dragonpyre

I don't know if you read the entire thread, but it is generally thought (here and elsewhere) that KI won't add another primary school, so time would be secondary. To address the number of pips used, in a previous post I suggested the time school could use any school power pips. This draws from necessity, ease of use and the fact that all schools have something to do with time.

Fallon Fireyes, Legedary Pyromancer
Leesha Spiritdreamer, Legendary Theurgist

Defender
Apr 26, 2009
saego wrote:

Diana Dragonpyre

I don't know if you read the entire thread, but it is generally thought (here and elsewhere) that KI won't add another primary school, so time would be secondary. To address the number of pips used, in a previous post I suggested the time school could use any school power pips. This draws from necessity, ease of use and the fact that all schools have something to do with time.

Yes i did read the entire thread. But i think that it shouldn't use power pips from your school since it is already know that the schools are inter connected, but not by the "Time School"

Explorer
Jul 31, 2010
lilycat1111 wrote:
saego wrote:

Diana Dragonpyre

Yes i did read the entire thread. But i think that it shouldn't use power pips from your school since it is already know that the schools are inter connected, but not by the "Time School"

I suggest they use your school's power pips out of knowledge of how I play. My legendaries, and my other wizards once they get to about level thirty, don't use spells outside their school of focus, except for one pip or zero pip spells, heals, and an amulet. I suggest the time school uses power pips of any school, because I know I would never use it if it chewed up my pips. This applies not only to the 8 pip spells, but the two pip, three pip,etc spells as well. My answer to you above was not complete. The fact that I suggested all school have something to do with time, was used as a justification for use of your school's powerpips, not a deciding factor. All the schools are interconnected, yes, and I am not suggesting that this comes from the Time School, so perhaps I need a different justification/explanation.

Explorer
May 28, 2009
I think we have enough spells. I think we should start discussing the basic mechanics of the time school

Explorer
Jul 31, 2010
I think we have enough spells. I think we should start discussing the basic mechanics of the time school

Alright, what did you have in mind?

Explorer
May 28, 2009
Well saego, I think that maybe the school of time should come after the next world because we already have these astral schools.
I think the teacher should be a pile of old clocks surrounded by pixie dust(yeah I know, lame)
I think the school of time should have a partner, maybe space would do? I'll make a thread about the school of space and post the URL later.
I'll also think up a new world. I'll post the URL of the thread later.
So saego, what do YOU have in mind?

Explorer
Jul 31, 2010
Well saego, I think that maybe the school of time should come after the next world because we already have these astral schools.
I think the teacher should be a pile of old clocks surrounded by pixie dust(yeah I know, lame)
I think the school of time should have a partner, maybe space would do? I'll make a thread about the school of space and post the URL later.
I'll also think up a new world. I'll post the URL of the thread later.
So saego, what do YOU have in mind?

All right here is my third try to post this. I'm not sure if my computer is just messing up or if there is something wrong about this post. Guess if this doesn't show up I will post it in sections, so I can see what is causing the problem.

I agree that the time school should arrive with another world. I’m thinking along these lines. There is a world that flits through time. They call for wizarding help when, upon arriving in our time, they are attacked and the magical machine that moves the world through time is damaged (this magical machine is both their main defense and the thing that keeps the people on the world, and the world alive. With it damaged, the people and plants on the world are wasting away. The machine is a combination of science and magic, not one or the other.)

The school tree (if it has one) would start as a young sapling and as its clock eyes progress turns into an ancient tree, and then for the next amount of time would grow young again. (The eyes would just have clock hands turning.)

I imagine the time school teacher as a cat (not like a marleybonian cat though), because their nine lives and ability to always land on their feet, must have something to do with the manipulation of time. To keep in mind another piece of time, traveling to the past and the future, the cat could be partially robotic (future), but speak in shakespearian english(thee, thou, shalt, etc) ex, “I have studied the secrets of time in centuries long gone and yet to come. Before thee learn what I have to teach, thou must prove thee worth.” (Not sure this is accurate use of it, but it’s just a feel.)

Only if the time school is primary does it need a partner, (and the school of space would work well for this), but the school of space would be a good school to also have found on this world.

Explorer
Jul 31, 2010
Hey, matinils, are you on central. Try finding my school of time and maybe space group here

http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/group.php?groupid=4132

This way we can see what we posted sooner. If you don't have a central account, and can't get one, just keep posting here and I will continue to check it.

Defender
Jul 17, 2010
danton1983 wrote:
I would love to see a school of time created. spells could be something like portals, warps, speed up time and slow down time, dancing clocks that throw cogs at enemies. There is a lot of play on words through "time" that can be added in the game. Even the mention of old man time. Might even have enemies to throw grease.

What do you think, and How would you do this school?

There could be a spell called power shield that is like a tower shield but, when it is used up, only part of it will come off, to make it block 25% from the next attack, then, when it breaks again, a lot of it would come off so that it would block 10% then finally, when it gets hit again, it will finally break. It would cost 2 pips.

Another would be the same thing, but it is a blade. :D

My second to last time spell idea is:

Time shield

shield

First it starts as a tower shield then every two turns, it would guard 10% more damage until, it reaches 80%.

It would cost 2 pips

There would also be a blade version.

These spells would be from secret trainers in wisteria.

Power shield and blade at level 35

Time shield and blade at level 45

Survivor
Jun 17, 2009
Yes yes yes! i have thought of this before and i thought of the following:

Crazy Time: Description: A clock appears and starts spinning crazily into a tornado. Damage: 670-780 to all opponents. Accuracy: 83% (lets have some fun with accuracy ) Pips: 8

Time Goblin: Description: A light blue goblin appears and gets a wicked smirk; he throws one red clock and one blue clock at target and gives half the health back to user. Damage: 100 per pip to target- covert half and give to user. Accuracy: 83% (again) Pips: X

thats all for now, i'll tell you more later!

Explorer
Jul 31, 2010
hey, matinils, I have been thinking and what color should the time school spells be?
Already taken are:
Red-fire, Yellow-myth, Green- Life, Light blue- Ice, Dark Purple- storm, Gray/black- death, White/tan- balance, Gold-sun, Silver-moon, Light gold-star

I think the ones left are:
Maroon, Pink, Orange, Light Orange, Light green, Dark blue, Light Purple

Although I am sure there are several more options these are the ones I could think of. I favor a dark blue/violet mix, but was hoping others would express an opinion.