Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

School of Time

AuthorMessage
Defender
Dec 01, 2010
I would love to see a school of time created. spells could be something like portals, warps, speed up time and slow down time, dancing clocks that throw cogs at enemies. There is a lot of play on words through "time" that can be added in the game. Even the mention of old man time. Might even have enemies to throw grease.

What do you think, and How would you do this school?

Mastermind
Dec 21, 2009
Survivor
Oct 17, 2008
I like the idea, and to me it seems like it could blossom into an actual school with help of other wizards and K.I., but you are being a little vague. Could you give us some examples of spells? Is it a main or secondary, like astral ones? What will be the main advantage (life,power,pip chance, ect.)? I truely like the idea. :D

Kyle Thundershard, Master of Balance

Without balance, there is only chaos.

Survivor
Feb 12, 2011
Though this is a well thought out idea for a new school however i do not see how anyone can harness the creativity to make up at least twenty skills for time, as it would not be great to keep seeing clocks charging at enemies all day.

maybe Time should be used to support others like Balance and Life do, maybe time could do stuff like stuns and charms and wards.

i still believe this is a great idea however!

-Tarlac Windwalker- lvl 23 Balance

Survivor
Feb 15, 2011
got spells 8)
Main school
1st Clock wheel 125-175
2nd Time does 380 over 3 rounds
3rd Clock Tower gives all school shields 20- the attack though
Thats all i thought of

Defender
Oct 31, 2009
I could see this as an opposite of balance. I support school like others have said but to aid in what spells it would offer here are a few to consider

Foresight: show opponents cards X 2-4 rounds.

Father time: age opponent reducing overall health by 30% to all enemies.

Baby new year: resets self or ally to former self (as if just joins fight heal but loose all shields swords and traps.

Shielding could grant over time but would diminish like shield bs death first is 60% the 40% then 20%

Just some ideas.

Survivor
Sep 06, 2010
give us more ideas about that time school thing not just only 3 that's kinda useless if you think about but plz add on more spell ideas :)

Delver
Dec 06, 2009
Ok, some ideas on the School of Time. First of all, it shouldn't be considered an opposite to balance. Nothing is an opposite to balance except for itself. Secondly, this school shouldn't be a Primary school. There would be innumerous complaints from the higher levels on why their wizards are already legendaries and can't change their primary schools to the School of Time. Lastly, the spells for the school of time would be very confusing. What else do we have that Kingsisle can use as spell effects? I have thought about it and you guys would probably have to make the spells as simple as possible, for this is a family fun game.

- Oran Titanrider, Grandmaster Thaumaturgist
"We've all been noobs before ..."

Explorer
Oct 16, 2009
i got a idea for some spells

the level 10 spell

fist-in a clock!

pip cost: 3

damage: 320

looks like: one of those old fashion clocks drops onto the middle of the ring. suddenly, you hear a bell ringing, and a flap opens up with a boxing glove attached that hits the opponent.

the level 5 spell

hourglass!

pip cost: 2

damage: 75, -30 accuracy and dispel next attack

looks like: a bubble with a hourglass appears into the ring, the sand in the bottom part. then, the hourglass tips, and the enemy is blasted by sand from above.

the level 7 spell

alarm clock!

pip cost: 3

damage: 250 to everyone

looks like: a police siren is heard from somewhere distant, and gets louder and louder until sound waves come into the ring, damaging everyone (this includes you and your friends)

that's all i got :P

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
danton1983 wrote:
I would love to see a school of time created. spells could be something like portals, warps, speed up time and slow down time, dancing clocks that throw cogs at enemies. There is a lot of play on words through "time" that can be added in the game. Even the mention of old man time. Might even have enemies to throw grease.

What do you think, and How would you do this school?

There's been an idea before like this and called Time, too.

Explorer
May 28, 2009
Time Out: The enemies attacks do nothing on the next turn

Slow Down: Minus 40% accuracy to enemy attacks on next turn

Speed Up: Plus 40% accuracy to your teams attacks on next turn

Wind Up: Plus 40% to your teams attacks on next turn

Explorer
Jul 31, 2010
This would be a great secondary school. It wouldn’t have attacks, but instead enhancements, such as the accuracy, boosts, and such mentioned above. Some additions:

Foresight- shows the cards the enemies are going to use, by their name, like you seen for beguile.

Hindsight- rewinds the battle back one round, sort of like a do over. If somebody, ally or enemy, had died they would reappear. Health of all would return to what it was before, any shields or traps used up would reappear and any put on would disappear.

Fast-forward- take away one round of a negative leaf, a fire elf, puts a leaf on for three rounds, when this card is used on the person with the leaf, the leaf is only on for two rounds.

Rewind- adds one round for an attack leaf.

Just in time- this card could leave a healing leaf on for an extra round.

Time’s up- this card could take away one round of a healing leaf from an opponent.

Last chance- this enhancement could change an attack spell into a healing spell- heals half the damage of the attack- putting this on a fire elf would change it from attack -50 -70-70-70 on enemy to heal 25-35-35-35 on self or ally.

Final stand- this enhancement could change a healing spell into an attack spell. It would attack with half the damage of the heal- using this card on a pixie would cause it to attack 200 at enemy instead of healing 400 for self.

Countdown- would improve a spell by 30% hit the first time it is used, 20% attack the second time it is used and by 10% accuracy the third time. This card could only be used three times per battle.

Second chance – the shield this is used on will break once, than reform and only disappear the second time it is broken.

Big Time- This would cause a shield to only be broken by an attack of more than 200.

Small time- this card would be used on an opponents shield, it would cause the shield to only break with an attack of 200 or less.

Time Tells- This card would be expensive pip wise, but would invalidate a boss’s special power for one round, example- a boss that always casts a shield after an attack would not cast the shield for one round. If this is too powerful, or disliked time tells could instead be a card that reduces an enemy’s resist- whatever it is, for three rounds. Another option would be to reduce an enemy’s likelihood of getting a critical and/or, depending on what people think, chance of blocking a critical. These three could also be different spells the first one, stay Time Tells, second one Time-Less and third one Time is Critical.

Time flies- enemy loses two pips- if the enemy only has power pips, two power pips are lost, if the enemy has only one pip and several power pips, one pip and one power pip is lost, not two power pips.

Extra time- gives another round after enemies are defeated for healing.

Explorer
Jan 17, 2010
saego wrote:
This would be a great secondary school. It wouldn’t have attacks, but instead enhancements, such as the accuracy, boosts, and such mentioned above. Some additions:

Foresight- shows the cards the enemies are going to use, by their name, like you seen for beguile.

Hindsight- rewinds the battle back one round, sort of like a do over. If somebody, ally or enemy, had died they would reappear. Health of all would return to what it was before, any shields or traps used up would reappear and any put on would disappear.

Fast-forward- take away one round of a negative leaf, a fire elf, puts a leaf on for three rounds, when this card is used on the person with the leaf, the leaf is only on for two rounds.

Rewind- adds one round for an attack leaf.

Just in time- this card could leave a healing leaf on for an extra round.

Time’s up- this card could take away one round of a healing leaf from an opponent.

Last chance- this enhancement could change an attack spell into a healing spell- heals half the damage of the attack- putting this on a fire elf would change it from attack -50 -70-70-70 on enemy to heal 25-35-35-35 on self or ally.

Final stand- this enhancement could change a healing spell into an attack spell. It would attack with half the damage of the heal- using this card on a pixie would cause it to attack 200 at enemy instead of healing 400 for self.

Countdown- would improve a spell by 30% hit the first time it is used, 20% attack the second time it is used and by 10% accuracy the third time. This card could only be used three times per battle.

Second chance – the shield this is used on will break once, than reform and only disappear the second time it is broken.

Big Time- This would cause a shield to only be broken by an attack of more than 200.

Small time- this card would be used on an opponents shield, it would cause the shield to only break with an attack of 200 or less.

Time Tells- This card would be expensive pip wise, but would invalidate a boss’s special power for one round, example- a boss that always casts a shield after an attack would not cast the shield for one round. If this is too powerful, or disliked time tells could instead be a card that reduces an enemy’s resist- whatever it is, for three rounds. Another option would be to reduce an enemy’s likelihood of getting a critical and/or, depending on what people think, chance of blocking a critical. These three could also be different spells the first one, stay Time Tells, second one Time-Less and third one Time is Critical.

Time flies- enemy loses two pips- if the enemy only has power pips, two power pips are lost, if the enemy has only one pip and several power pips, one pip and one power pip is lost, not two power pips.

Extra time- gives another round after enemies are defeated for healing.
I am liking some of these spells and have come to some of these kinds ofconcepts which i am placing in a Document i have been working on since i came back to the game a little over a week ago. It has been in the making for about half a year but the idea was very murky then but now it is 'blossoming' a whole other level of concept from most ideas i read about. I just didnt have a person to bounce my thoughts of till actually today and now the First part of at least 8 maybe 10 is done really and Time Wizards is only one part of it all(not part 1 though) XD. I hope it wont take more than a week to get it all thought out but this idea is going to be very detailed....but in this case, i dont mean Time Spells i mean Time would be a New Wizard Type for Primary....the details once i can work them out will be posted but yes......could be a week at least before i can get it done XD. Its that big and complex but i will explain myself in as simplest of terms part cause I dont even like complexity to the point i cant make head nor tails of things and other part is.....there are younger individuals playing the game need i say more XD.

Explorer
Oct 16, 2009
+1 :)

if the school is primary, i think that instead of doing a ranged amount of damage, to do a set of damage, like ninja pigs or krokotillian.

if the school is secondary, i think it could could have things like debuffs and charms/wards.

-------------------------------------------------
whatever it is, it wasn't me--probably

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
No, because the myth school is already to much like time, an example would be the motto "To control the future, one must first look into the past."

Explorer
Jul 31, 2010
The school of time. My perception of it is that its secondary, but that has more to do with a belief that kings isle won't add another primary school, than thinking school of time shouldn't be primary.

As to myth being like that, is inaccurate. Myth deals not with history but with myths and legends, things that are not considered to be true now. Also in your argument that Myth deals with history, I would have to argue that history requires looking at time differently than the school of time would look at it. History looks at the past as events that took place linear time, the school of time would look at from a looser definition of time, instead of events the school focuses on the actual bending of time, the qualities of the force of time.
Also the school of time has somewhat to do with the future, and although the past influences the future, the study of it cannot tell you exactly what will happen in the future as there are too many variables.

Fallon Fireeyes

Explorer
May 28, 2009
Ok I have a big idea!

Overwind:makes a dot spell disappear and all the damage is delivered right away.(this would be great for fire)

Explorer
Jul 31, 2010
Ok I have a big idea!

Overwind:makes a dot spell disappear and all the damage is delivered right away.(this would be great for fire)

Great spell, you really seem to grasp where I, (at least), am going with the school of time. I hope to see more of your spell ideas!

This would also be a great counter to life's triage.

Explorer
May 28, 2009
saego wrote:
Ok I have a big idea!

Great spell, you really seem to grasp where I, (at least), am going with the school of time. I hope to see more of your spell ideas!

This would also be a great counter to life's triage.

Double time:if you cast a blade or shield it's power is doubled

reversed time:the battle triangle is reversed

time share:the foe loses three pips but attacks only you for 5 rounds

loan:gain 3 pips then lose 4 pips in 6 rounds

hope you like my ideas saego!

Survivor
Jun 17, 2009
Explorer
Jul 31, 2010
Overwind:makes a dot spell disappear and all the damage is delivered right
Double time:if you cast a blade or shield it's power is doubled

reversed time:the battle triangle is reversed

time share:the foe loses three pips but attacks only you for 5 rounds

loan:gain 3 pips then lose 4 pips in 6 rounds

hope you like my ideas saego!

Nice job matinils!

Double time- awesome. To my mind this would work best on blades, as shields are already over 50%, but regardless it would be useful on shields when the opponent uses powerful blades. This could also be used on traps and negative charms. When using it on feint, both traps would be doubled.

Reversed time - By the battle triangle is reversed, I assume you mean not only does the team that originally goes last goes first (for the next one, maybe two rounds) but the spiral or moon position also goes first instead of the knife or the sun. I really like this idea.

Time share - When soloing this would not change the enemies' attack. What if the enemy loses three pips, but it stuns you?

Loan- gain three pips immediately but lose four over the next six rounds. I really, really like this one. It's perfect, especially with the name. If you can kill that round it's worth it, but if not you pay interest with that extra pip.

Survivor
May 02, 2011
i have a idea for 1 spell of time it is called clock monster
3 pips a monster made of diferent types of clocks it hits one enemy that mades 100 damage it rewinds time and hit the enemy again he rewinds time again
and hit the enemie again for a total of 300 damage

Survivor
May 02, 2011
i have 3 ideas of time spells
double spell
3 pips you choose that card and it let you do 2 spells cause you do 1 spell and then fast fowards time to your next turn and you make your other spell

time pips
0 pips you use any card then you use time pips and you rewind the time and you get back your pips

time revive
5 pips if you are allmost being to die use time revive and if you die you will rewind the time and revive

Survivor
May 02, 2011
i think that the name of the profesor would be drawof tsaf cause it is fast
foward writed backwords and he would be a robot of the future with a time machine and a dinosaur of past for pet or a dinosaur of the past with a time machine and a robot pet

Survivor
May 02, 2011
i have a idea of time shool:

a flying pig apears he fly over a enemie then you fast forward the time and the pig transforms in bacon then the enemie eat the bacon then you rewind
the time and it transform in a pig again the pig hit the heart´s enemie
that made 400 damage then it fly to the enemie´s brain and you hypnotise
the enemie and make the enemie fight for you for 1 turn