Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

HELP! my critical block doesnt work!

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jul 05, 2009
P.S. I would love an adminstrator to read this and answer plz

first time critical block stopped working i thought that it was just a bug. But now, i realiaze that whenever i'm fighting and the boss hit critical, Im the only wizard in the group whose critical block doesnt work. I'm just fighting with my friend right as im writing this, and the boss hit both of us and mine critical block DID NOT work again. we have the same stats though: 30 block against all school. so PLZZZZZZZ fix this :(

Also, i bought an amulet at the bazaar that gives me storm lord (for level 52 and up only). i was level 56 when i bought it, But still couldnt use it when it came in hand while i was battling. i was VERY UPSET, because i paid around 15,000 GOLD to buy it. and i barely sold it back for 5,000 gold. Plz KI, fix this kind of problems as it can be very VERY frustrating.

Thank you!

Kevin Fireheart_ grandmaster pyromancer (lvl 59)

Explorer
May 26, 2010
Um the first thing is 30% is bad resistant so probably wont work and storm takes 7 pips doesnt matter if power pips

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
doudjy wrote:
P.S. I would love an adminstrator to read this and answer plz

first time critical block stopped working i thought that it was just a bug. But now, i realiaze that whenever i'm fighting and the boss hit critical, Im the only wizard in the group whose critical block doesnt work. I'm just fighting with my friend right as im writing this, and the boss hit both of us and mine critical block DID NOT work again. we have the same stats though: 30 block against all school. so PLZZZZZZZ fix this :(

Also, i bought an amulet at the bazaar that gives me storm lord (for level 52 and up only). i was level 56 when i bought it, But still couldnt use it when it came in hand while i was battling. i was VERY UPSET, because i paid around 15,000 GOLD to buy it. and i barely sold it back for 5,000 gold. Plz KI, fix this kind of problems as it can be very VERY frustrating.

Thank you!

Kevin Fireheart_ grandmaster pyromancer (lvl 59)

Hey doudjy. With a critical block rating of 30, that works out to about a 7.5% chance to block critical. That isn't much of a chance. I think your friend got lucky and you didn't. On the storm lord amulet, does it not work, or did you just not realize that as a pyromancer you cannot use power pips with it (which means that all seven pips slots have to be filled whether they are power pips or not in order to fire that bad boy off)?

Defender
Jun 13, 2009
1. Dude, it's like a accuracy on a spell, it can fizzle. 30% doesn't guarantee success at all, they got lucky. You did not.

2. You have to equip it just like anything else. And since you aren't storm type, your fire type, you have to wait till you get 7 pips. Power pips dont boost other schools for you.

Defender
Sep 28, 2010
Explorer
Jul 05, 2009
ugh guys you dont understand! it ALWAYS used to work when my critical blocking was just 37 for my school and 15 against all school. and do not tell me this is a bad critical blocking :( this the highest I can get it without sacrificing health/accuracy/boost/resist
And my friends blocking ALWAYS WORK. this is not luck, there's something wrong, I I would like and administrator to give me an explaination plz> PLZZZZZ if any you guys: Zeke, professor greyrose, Professor falmea plz try to furnish me with an answer!

oh and also, spells such as pixie (learned) and wylfire that ususally uses 2 pips (1 yellow pip) now use 4 (2 yellow pip). Plzz help me!
thank you!

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
doudjy wrote:
ugh guys you dont understand! it ALWAYS used to work when my critical blocking was just 37 for my school and 15 against all school. and do not tell me this is a bad critical blocking :( this the highest I can get it without sacrificing health/accuracy/boost/resist
And my friends blocking ALWAYS WORK. this is not luck, there's something wrong, I I would like and administrator to give me an explaination plz> PLZZZZZ if any you guys: Zeke, professor greyrose, Professor falmea plz try to furnish me with an answer!

oh and also, spells such as pixie (learned) and wylfire that ususally uses 2 pips (1 yellow pip) now use 4 (2 yellow pip). Plzz help me!
thank you!

If you're certain that this is an always/never thing, then you need to open a ticket with KI support. Click the help & support tab to the left and then click contact support. Please make certain that the e-mail address you have on file is accurate and that you can receive mail there before you proceed.

Survivor
Aug 04, 2009
your critical block only works sometimes more or less depending on how much critical block rating you have. if you changed your clothing in wizard101 you may have lost some of your critical block percentage.

Historian
May 01, 2010
i think i once read this is how it works, basically if you have 60 block and they have 60 critical, you will block all of his criticals, but if you have a 30 critical and he has 60, you will block half, but if they have the crafted armor, then they have about 150, of about 1/3 critical rating, which most people actually have now, so that may be why you are blocking way less criticals