Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

the "strategy" of not speaking during pvp?!?

AuthorMessage
Champion
Jun 26, 2009
slammer111 wrote:
i think you may have misunderstood what i meant. for the people doing that trying to get a strategic advantage (not ust cause they like the color) that would be considered the noob strategy, but i am not calling your case a noob strategy, but the oppoment who does that, they need to learn "dont judge a book by its cover"

Why is wearing non-school colors as you call it a "strategic advantage" that's considered a noob strategy? I can tell you first hand that it works. Is it in your opinion, a noob strategy because your opponent is not making it clear for you what school he or she is in? If that is your rationale then do you think your opponents are supposed to make it easier for you to win? If anything could be considered noob, in my opinion that is.

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
People aren't forced to speak. It's their choice. I don't like talking in PvP cause I don't like talking during the fight. It's distracting and I need to focus. I'm not a bad person for that.

Survivor
Feb 07, 2009
slammer111 wrote:
sry if this topic has came up before but i have wondered lately

why people never talk in pvp (well at least mostly)

in my eyes it is really rude, yes i know if you do talk they can pull up your stats in a second, but, what do you have to hide, a good wizard can tell almost everything about you from the pets you have, your health, etc. etc.

and then there is the problem with sore losers reporting the winner, yes they can easily do that, but, if you never did anything wrong, then you have nothing to lose.

if you speak they can see your stats and what you are wearing yes, but even though they can see your stats, you reflect and learn how to cover your weaknesses.

finally i would say not speaking in pvp is a "noob strategy" like the spamming gargantuaned lightning bats.

so if you agree or disagree post and say your opinion and why, i want to see every angle i can on this, not just mine

It doesn't make a difference whether you speak in PvP or not. Seeing your stats don't "help them", it just makes them see what kind of clothes you wear, and anyway after the match they can see your stats.

Historian
May 01, 2010
noahmunch wrote:
slammer111 wrote:
i think you may have misunderstood what i meant. for the people doing that trying to get a strategic advantage (not ust cause they like the color) that would be considered the noob strategy, but i am not calling your case a noob strategy, but the oppoment who does that, they need to learn "dont judge a book by its cover"

Why is wearing non-school colors as you call it a "strategic advantage" that's considered a noob strategy? I can tell you first hand that it works. Is it in your opinion, a noob strategy because your opponent is not making it clear for you what school he or she is in? If that is your rationale then do you think your opponents are supposed to make it easier for you to win? If anything could be considered noob, in my opinion that is.

as i said earlier, i can tell school by their health, and for everyone who was wondering what i call a "noob strategy, if used to gain a strategic leverage in a noobish way, that is what i consider a noob strategy. i dont expect the oppoment to make it easier for anyone, i have nothing against noob strategies, but pvp is becoming really boring cause people say nothing what so ever.

again, i ask ki if they could just block people from seeing stats during pvp? either have the arrow shaded out or something

Survivor
Feb 02, 2009
I get the idea of not talking in pvp to hide stats and such. giving away stats can really hurt you and give them an edge but if they speak first i see no reason why not to give your stats away beacause you have theirs Fair trade right??

also if you get stuck with somebody who refuses to talk or is busy i find it kinda fun to try and guess there stats so i can plan my moves ahead of time and by looking at them i can usaully get a pretty good idea and in the first few turns i will know most of what i need to know so no real need to have the stat button in pvp.

Survivor
Feb 22, 2011
colagada wrote:
slammer111 wrote:

in my eyes it is really rude, yes i know if you do talk they can pull up your stats in a second, but, what do you have to hide, a good wizard can tell almost everything about you from the pets you have, your health, etc. etc.

and then there is the problem with sore losers reporting the winner, yes they can easily do that, but, if you never did anything wrong, then you have nothing to lose.

if you speak they can see your stats and what you are wearing yes, but even though they can see your stats, you reflect and learn how to cover your weaknesses.

finally i would say not speaking in pvp is a "noob strategy" like the spamming gargantuaned lightning bats.

so if you agree or disagree post and say your opinion and why, i want to see every angle i can on this, not just mine

Talking is an option, not a requirement. It's not rude to refuse to speak.

Yes, false reporting is rude. There's not much you can do about it. It's KingsIsle's call on whether to punish the person doing the false reporting.

I don't see how not speaking to be a "noob strategy". It makes perfect sense to me. There's no sense in giving the opponents information that
they aren't entitled to.

I don't understand his wiew.

We are all free to speak or not to speak. Why should this botter you?

Is it true that some people report you? after you won the dual?
I agree with you. A false report is as dangerous as being reported. Why do some people get angry because they are beaten?.

And how can the use of an magical spell in wizard101. Become a Noob strategy? A strategy is a strategy.

It does not matter witch strategy or spell you are using. The main thing is about who win. If you won, by just using one or 2 spells during the battle.
Why should this be a problem. ?

And have you thought of the idea, that there are many kids playing this game?

Historian
May 01, 2010
Askepotta wrote:
colagada wrote:
slammer111 wrote:

Talking is an option, not a requirement. It's not rude to refuse to speak.

Yes, false reporting is rude. There's not much you can do about it. It's KingsIsle's call on whether to punish the person doing the false reporting.

I don't see how not speaking to be a "noob strategy". It makes perfect sense to me. There's no sense in giving the opponents information that
they aren't entitled to.

I don't understand his wiew.

We are all free to speak or not to speak. Why should this botter you?

Is it true that some people report you? after you won the dual?
I agree with you. A false report is as dangerous as being reported. Why do some people get angry because they are beaten?.

And how can the use of an magical spell in wizard101. Become a Noob strategy? A strategy is a strategy.

It does not matter witch strategy or spell you are using. The main thing is about who win. If you won, by just using one or 2 spells during the battle.
Why should this be a problem. ?

And have you thought of the idea, that there are many kids playing this game?

not sure who your talking to, but i posted this to get all of the views of this, not just mine. and now its kinda like this, here is my idea, this is why your wrong, on some of the posts

this is why people false report.
pride
you have to admit, when someone's pride is shot, they get really mad at whoever shot it.

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
slammer111 wrote:

Easy! You will reveal your school if you check out the person's ID.

Survivor
Feb 22, 2011
this is why people false report.
pride
you have to admit when someone's pride is shot, they get really mad at whoever shot it

----------------

When a person rice abow you in a battle, and beat you.

Both players wished for the same outcome, "you" were just the unlucky one.
So, there is no reason to feel insulted by a "silent" killer

forgett your pride, this is a game for kids etc.

Survivor
Aug 08, 2010
EvilDroid wrote:
slammer111 wrote:

First off, I do not speak in pvp hardly at all anymore and it is not a "noob" strategy, or even a pvp strategy at all really. I used to speak all the time until I was matched up with a truely rude person once who did not like the fact that I used my minions and won the match, ( I am myth btw), this person now had my name in their chat log and hounded, harrassed me for hours after that match by sending me rude text messages over and over and over! I could not ignore them because I only had their name in my chat log and when you click on the name it will not bring up the menu where you can actually ignore them. So I was stuck with the harassing text messages for hours that night! (I guess the person was a true loser, lol, with nothing better to do than send me text messages) anyway thats my take on it and why I will not talk during pvp anymore.

I agree with not talking in pvp. Even if they say hi, I stay silent. I talked once in a 4v4 and the other team was fire. They were all magus and I was just starting out only apprentice. I thought that was really unfair, since my team mates had about the same health as me. Then the fire people said she has this and that, use this on the noob. They killed us all and insulted us the entire time for saying hi back. I will never talk in a pvp before during and after for that reason. I also had someone message me like crazy who was not on my friends one day. How do you hit ignore if they are not your friend? I don't even know how the game let them keep talking to me. So I agree completely with being silent in pvp always and forever. I set my settings to menu chat and block there chat so I don't have to listen to rude people trying to cheat to win.

Historian
May 01, 2010
emerald585 wrote:
EvilDroid wrote:
slammer111 wrote:

First off, I do not speak in pvp hardly at all anymore and it is not a "noob" strategy, or even a pvp strategy at all really. I used to speak all the time until I was matched up with a truely rude person once who did not like the fact that I used my minions and won the match, ( I am myth btw), this person now had my name in their chat log and hounded, harrassed me for hours after that match by sending me rude text messages over and over and over! I could not ignore them because I only had their name in my chat log and when you click on the name it will not bring up the menu where you can actually ignore them. So I was stuck with the harassing text messages for hours that night! (I guess the person was a true loser, lol, with nothing better to do than send me text messages) anyway thats my take on it and why I will not talk during pvp anymore.

I agree with not talking in pvp. Even if they say hi, I stay silent. I talked once in a 4v4 and the other team was fire. They were all magus and I was just starting out only apprentice. I thought that was really unfair, since my team mates had about the same health as me. Then the fire people said she has this and that, use this on the noob. They killed us all and insulted us the entire time for saying hi back. I will never talk in a pvp before during and after for that reason. I also had someone message me like crazy who was not on my friends one day. How do you hit ignore if they are not your friend? I don't even know how the game let them keep talking to me. So I agree completely with being silent in pvp always and forever. I set my settings to menu chat and block there chat so I don't have to listen to rude people trying to cheat to win.

if it is allowed in the game, and ki hasnt taken it out by now, i dont think its cheating. ok now to answer our questions. you click the name in the chat box to bring up their character menu, but you cannot ignore them (i have no clue why they dont change this) unless they are in the room with you. about the text chatting, its a glitch that is used very commonly.

Delver
Oct 08, 2010
Well i talk in pvp. I dont really care if they see my school in stats because a good pvper is up for anything including shields and other things. I just dont talk before it has started not giving them to change their deck right before the match starts. (I so this sometimes)

Delver
Oct 08, 2010
Lion359 wrote:
slammer111 wrote:

Slammer111,

I have three things to reply on this topic,

1. It may not matter at the lower levels if you talk or not, but it does matter at the upper levels. Allowing someone to see what amulet, etc that you have, what your resistance is, can give them a real advantage. Just like a card player never shows his hand, you don't want to show you weakness at you level up.

2. You may be a very nice person, but that is not the way everyone is in PvP. Some people get out of control, and really get rude and sometimes nasty.
Yes, I have had some nasty comments made to me, and after a while you just get tired of it. I have talked and got reported because I won. So, it's not just the point of being nice or not, there are real reason why people are turning off their chat or just won't talk.

3. Last, sometimes I just dont' feel like talking, or am doing other things at the same time I am pvping. I look up, make by choice after I look at the health, and go back to doing, etc. People are all different, some like to chat, other don't, but does that mean their rude? I don't like to chat in PvP, but I don't mind afterwards. I don't think anyone should be offended if I don't feel like talking in PvP.

Joseph LionHunter.

Ya I dont see what the point is in pvp for getting so mad. I mean its a game and you should have fun playing it instead of throwing a fit every time you lose 1 pvp.