Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Nightmare

AuthorMessage
Defender
Apr 30, 2010
Yesterday when I was on Wizards I saw this person with a pet that was a black horse that had a firey mane and tail as well as legs. Bascially I thought that was the coolest pet ever so I clicked on it to see its stats. The pedigree for the real thing was 60 but the one the person had was only a 49, so I got the impression that you could hatch one. Does anyone know how to get the Nightmare? Or where I could find a person who would hatch with me?

Delver
Sep 26, 2009
NIghtmare is a mix between a helephant (first generation aka not hatched) and a plain wizard city unicorn. As with all other hatching, it is not 100% chance that you will get one. a

Defender
Sep 28, 2010
Lol yes i have been wanting one.But the best way too get one is mix helephant and nightmare together.Helephant and unicorn is lower than 50%

Defender
Aug 06, 2010
Totally by chance as with all hatching...

When I first heard about this, I got a unicorn and hatched with a random person at the hatchery. I got a nightmare at pedigree 44 i believe and he got a unicorn. We're suppose to try again, but have not seen him. I suppose he can try self hatching now that he has a unicorn. (But I also know others who didn't get it till their 11th try.)

As friends tried to get a "dupe" nightmare from me, when they use a school pet, they get a "dupe" of their pet it seems. The 2 times I've hatched my nightmare with a sea dragon, both parties got nightmares. So now, I currently have a spritely nightmare at pedigree 60, and a non-spritely at 64. (Although both are only ancient, not epic.)

Good Luck!

Explorer
Jan 08, 2011
RedWolff wrote:
Yesterday when I was on Wizards I saw this person with a pet that was a black horse that had a firey mane and tail as well as legs. Bascially I thought that was the coolest pet ever so I clicked on it to see its stats. The pedigree for the real thing was 60 but the one the person had was only a 49, so I got the impression that you could hatch one. Does anyone know how to get the Nightmare? Or where I could find a person who would hatch with me?
Helaphant+Unicorn=Nightmare
Colossus+Dragon=Pet Egg
Thats all the new hybrids i know for now!