Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Bailing on Fights?!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 31, 2009
This has happened to me a few times too many lately. Another played gets pulled into my battle (either by jumping in or accidentally getting pulled by a monster), and then they just flee leaving me to get trounced by the larger number of monsters.

Seriously people, have some common courtesy and respect. If you jump in a battle or get pulled in, try to finish it out or help the player you jumped in with. Regardless if you're a Noob or if you're a pro working on your fifth or sixth wizard in the same account, don't be rude.

Sincerely,
Aaron, Logan, Kieran, and Ian Ravenhorn
(Yes, I purposefully give all my characters the same last name)

Delver
Aug 14, 2009
Defender
Sep 28, 2010
Yes people who do this are just mean they jump in then flee for you too fight the monsters and maybe get killed.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
Sometimes people disconnect. Sometimes people have real life situations that take precedence over a game. Sometimes a child may be playing and become frightened and leave. People fleeing aren't always being rude.

Survivor
Nov 17, 2010
Ladwick wrote:
This has happened to me a few times too many lately. Another played gets pulled into my battle (either by jumping in or accidentally getting pulled by a monster), and then they just flee leaving me to get trounced by the larger number of monsters.

Seriously people, have some common courtesy and respect. If you jump in a battle or get pulled in, try to finish it out or help the player you jumped in with. Regardless if you're a Noob or if you're a pro working on your fifth or sixth wizard in the same account, don't be rude.

Sincerely,
i hate that too! they should atlest hit once before fleeing! i want wizard101 to fix that!
P.S. sry people who do that i dont mean to be mean!

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
colagada wrote:
Sometimes people disconnect. Sometimes people have real life situations that take precedence over a game. Sometimes a child may be playing and become frightened and leave. People fleeing aren't always being rude.

You sound very mature and downright noble. It is quite possibly a true statement, I must admit. At least for a small numaber of people.

Defender
Dec 04, 2010
There is a cost for the person who flees. The mana is reduced to zero, even though there are many mana wisps. However, the player also returns to the "Commons" of the world, and will have to walk there again.

Even though there is the cost, there are other reasons why people bail. For example, some guy has to go to a baseball game, and they flee. Also, it will give you an advantage if you're doing a quest to defeat a certain type of monster.

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
Ladwick wrote:

Sincerely,

Yeah, or at least tell them your going to leave.
People need to be courteous like in 'the old days'.