Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

"Failed To Connect To Server"

AuthorMessage
Defender
Nov 20, 2010
Adherent
May 20, 2010
Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
Lizzi5093 wrote:
Attempted Javascript Attack With COLOR

Lizzi5093,

I have been getting this message right after I upgraded my PC which has Windows 7 on it. This happened far less often on my old PC, only when I was changing Wizards. Now it happens even when I'm not changing Wizards, but this doesn't happen at all to my brother PC when he changes Wizards. He has Windows XP, and only see's the problem when he leaves his PC dormat for a long time.

Jospeh LionHunter,
Ice Level 60
Balance Level 60.

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
Lizzi5093 wrote:
Attempted Javascript Attack With COLOR

Hey Lizzi. First question, do you use wifi? If so, is it one of those little garden variety linksys (or netgear) boxes you can get everywhere? That could be the problem. A lot of them have small bugs or are easily overwhelmed by traffic and can't resolve information in a timely fashion. For whatever reason, I have to restart my DHCP client service periodically when I'm wireless, but almost never when I use a wired ethernet cable. If you are wireless, it might be worth a try to go wired for a while, or even just reset your firewall.

Survivor
Dec 26, 2010

I've had the same trouble all day with 'connection lost'. I am doing the Oni quest and all day I will speak to someone and then my health and my journal and everything will disappear and it sits there. i can't move. so i shut down and restart. earlier i was in a battle and everything disappeared and the characters kept fighting me but my cards would not show. i am connected ethernet cable and have been running other things today. not sure what's up.

Defender
Nov 20, 2010
homewith3girls wrote:

I've had the same trouble all day with 'connection lost'. I am doing the Oni quest and all day I will speak to someone and then my health and my journal and everything will disappear and it sits there. i can't move. so i shut down and restart. earlier i was in a battle and everything disappeared and the characters kept fighting me but my cards would not show. i am connected ethernet cable and have been running other things today. not sure what's up.

This is exactly what keeps happening

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
Ok, it sounds as if you should open a ticket with support. You can click the "contact support" link under the help & support tab to the left. Make sure that the e-mail address you have on file is valid and that you can receive e-mail there. Just to let you know, the internet isn't always stable and a lot of that depends on the folks that provide your local connection. You can talk to them as well. Online games have different requirements of your connection that say, using facebook or watching netflix. If you have a cable connection, sometimes its worth trying to unplug the cable modem itself, count to 5 and plug that back in. Now, if you have phone over cable, you'll need to check with your cable company for the reset procedure as those devices usually have battery backup built in so you can't simply unplug them and plug them back in.

Finally, if you get disconnected in the meantime, and can't see your cards, press ctrl+g a couple of times. It makes your interface hide and come back and will often at least show you your cards again, even if you can no longer tell how much life you and your enemies have. ;)

Defender
Nov 20, 2010
gtarhannon wrote:
Ok, it sounds as if you should open a ticket with support. You can click the "contact support" link under the help & support tab to the left. Make sure that the e-mail address you have on file is valid and that you can receive e-mail there. Just to let you know, the internet isn't always stable and a lot of that depends on the folks that provide your local connection. You can talk to them as well. Online games have different requirements of your connection that say, using facebook or watching netflix. If you have a cable connection, sometimes its worth trying to unplug the cable modem itself, count to 5 and plug that back in. Now, if you have phone over cable, you'll need to check with your cable company for the reset procedure as those devices usually have battery backup built in so you can't simply unplug them and plug them back in.

Finally, if you get disconnected in the meantime, and can't see your cards, press ctrl+g a couple of times. It makes your interface hide and come back and will often at least show you your cards again, even if you can no longer tell how much life you and your enemies have. ;)

Thanks guys :) I think in the end, it wasn't the game but a problem with my computer. I got someone to help, and it's worked perfectly since!

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
To All,

One other item to check when this happens, is your Virus scanner. Almost all Virus Scanners have a Gammer Mode, that you should set before going into Wizard101. If you don't set it, it can cause your Wizard 101 to slow up, Pause or even stop for short periods of times. Especially when W101 is updating your files. Turning this off, can make a Major change in how the program runs.

Joseph.

Defender
Nov 20, 2010
Lion359 wrote:
To All,

One other item to check when this happens, is your Virus scanner. Almost all Virus Scanners have a Gammer Mode, that you should set before going into Wizard101. If you don't set it, it can cause your Wizard 101 to slow up, Pause or even stop for short periods of times. Especially when W101 is updating your files. Turning this off, can make a Major change in how the program runs.

Joseph.

Pretty sure that was it.