Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Seriously? Come on now.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 16, 2008
This game does not revolve around PvP.

Yeah, I said it. It's hard to believe, right?

Let me start with saying this:

I have been playing this game since it first came out. That was back in 2008.
Back then, the PvP arena wasn't like it is today. There was ONE arena per REALM with a total of around ten realms.

The matches were unfair. You would walk in and join with a random team. There were matches where it could be 4v3 or 3v2.

Nowadays, there's a whole system that barely works for PvP, but not only that, the amount of complaining people on here is really unbelievable.

Spells have been changed to format for PvPers needs. This ruins the game. People play this game for the story, they do not solely play it for PvP.

And not only that, PvP is wasted. Some people can't even act their age, they insult and make fun of other people.

Especially on this forum. I go to one thread and I can't help but shake my head at the immaturity from players.

I wish this game was still what it was in 2008, without all you complainers and immature people.

Delver
Feb 25, 2010
Survivor
Nov 10, 2010
one of the best posts on pvp i have read so far.
ty. i have not been playing the game very long and dont find pvp much fun.
i enjoy the story line of the game as you pointed out and the people i have become freinds with along the way.
while i do have alot to say about the lazy set pvp seems to be set around i dont really make a point of going on about it.it is broken we all no that.
but i think its great that someone else out there remembers why they enjoyed playing the game back when they started. i wish i could have seen it back then.once again great post hope to read more like this and not just people complaning :D

Delver
Mar 15, 2009
this is one of the best posts yet yes I remember when PvP was fun.
now its just a bunch of mean people full of hate for everyone else,kinda sad.

M.RedBlood

Survivor
Feb 06, 2011
MysticMight11 wrote:

Back then, the PvP arena wasn't like it is today. There was ONE arena per REALM with a total of around ten realms.

The matches were unfair. You would walk in and join with a random team. There were matches where it could be 4v3 or 3v2.

Nowadays, there's a whole system that barely works for PvP, but not only that, the amount of complaining people on here is really unbelievable.

Spells have been changed to format for PvPers needs. This ruins the game. People play this game for the story, they do not solely play it for PvP.

And not only that, PvP is wasted. Some people can't even act their age, they insult and make fun of other people.

Especially on this forum. I go to one thread and I can't help but shake my head at the immaturity from players.

I wish this game was still what it was in 2008, without all you complainers and immature people.

totally agree with you i havent really played on wizard101 for a long time ive been on it for a month or two but whenever i actually manage to win (with a miracle ) sometimes the people there take the game a little to seriously and say some bad things that i cant post without getting banned but i agree with you some people just can't act their age and its kinda annoying how one person can act so immature over a game
Just saying.

Amber MoonLeaf - Master Pyromancer Level 42

Survivor
Dec 10, 2009
MysticMight11 wrote:

Yes, I agree completely! I recently made a thaumaturge, and when I got my Freeze spell, I was so excited I used it right away on a Lost Soul! But then four stun shields appeared on it! And the whole gobbledygook about banning healing in PvP, undercutting Storm...starting to get a little frustrated here. PvP is a once-in-a-while thing. Your wizard does NOT need to be a Warlord to beat the game.

Defender
Sep 28, 2010
Sadly too say i see what you mean pvp is the worst part of this game.People call you names over nothing its annoying can be stressful. I have broken twin ty computers of mine over pvp i know its just a game but look dont tell me that.Its still the same.

Defender
Oct 15, 2009
MysticMight11 wrote:

When you say people that sounds like your speaking for everyone. I hate the questing. Story? I hardly read it. I just follow the arrows so I can get through the necessary grinding to level up wizards. I have four legendarys and one on level 26. I really hate having to go through that whole thing again. If Wizard didnt have pvp I wouldnt be playing. Its the sole reason I joined. If I could pay a fee for a fully leveled up wizard and skip the 75% of the game that I really dont want to do- I would.