Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Ice is INDEED overpowered!

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jul 05, 2009
let me start off by saying that this is NOT a pvp complain or situation. so do NOT look at it this way.

First, I am grandmaster fire wizard. Kevin Fireheart (level 58_with efreet -). But this isnt about only about fire wizard. it's about every other school that I know, being the under dog compared to ice. Even though i am just level 58, i have been playing this game for over a year (yes!!). I stopped once for over three months. And i spent 2 months when i couldnt level up because i wasnt a member. In addition, college really keeps me busy. So I know this game a big deal!

AS stated before, this isnt a pvp problem, or situation. I do not pvp that much, I spent 98 percent of the game doing quests. And the other 2 percent chatting. Before celestia came out, and the level cap was added. I was proud to be a VERY proud to be a fire wizard. Even though, storm was told to be the school with the strongest spells, I always felt like fire was the most powerful school. (maybe that was just my pride). but in any case, outside of the game, KI (or people here) says that the schools are "balanced", and that there really no real "most powerful school". And I believed that was true. Not because i was told so, but because I experience it first hand. Ice had huge health and defense, but they lacked in strong spells and the ability to do strong damage, and it was the inverse for fire and storm wizard.

Now that new gears, level cap, spells, and world have been added to the game. There is no doubt that ice has become EXTREMELY overpowered at the expense of other school in the game, which is is really unfair to all of us who also pays to play

Before one starts bashing at me, and calling me complainers. stop for a minute! I am not pvp fan, this isnt a pvp issue. let's take an example. I have a very good ice friend in the game. we are the same level 58, and he always helps me. but hm let me give you our situation.

first, we thought that the game was balanced because even though ice had the highest amount of natural life, they also did the lowest damage. Storm could do huge damage, but their health was really really low. (i dont feel like stating every school, but you get the pic. Life low damage, but good health and ability to heal etc...).

Because ice has the highest natural health and defenses in the entire game, making it possible for them to do high amount of damage, just makes them riducoulsy overpowered....back to me and friend (as a comparison)

Health
he has over thousand more health than I do. one might say, well it's ice! but, do you know how many pips it takes to do 1000 damage??? it's takes 6 pips for an helephant + blade + boost (mine being at 46 for my school only). so that would make us even, or would it??
considering this, it takes me 3 turn to get 6 pips. considering ice's huge defense rate (especially against fire and storm). plus during this 3 turn, they will have shields (tower shields and fire/storm shield) so you can kiss that 1000 damage good bye. even if you have traps on, it wouldnt work.

Accuray
he has 19 points of accuracy. 19!!! I tell you, so he cannot possibly fizzle. mean, does that even make sense?? to make it impossible for someone who already have HUGE defense and health impossible to fizzle. That means that you will get attacked no matter what.
I have 13 points, and i had to sacrifice boost and defense to get that 13 points. And that does not mean that i dont fizzle. so while ice wizard can have great health and great defenses, and STILL have HUGE amount of health, we other school has to sacrifice boosts/defenses/better critical/etc to get high accuracy.

Boost/Defenses
it's already known that ice have the BEST defenses gears in the game. And they have huge health! i mean are you kidding me???? I have to choose between boost/defense or ( slightly better) health, while they can have great defenses, and still have HUGE health. THIS BY NO MEANS IS FAIR!!

Power Pips this is the only advatage i have over my friend. while i have an 82%, his is liike a 60%. but does that really make a difference. he already has huge health, so while you're wasting your time attacking his great defense and trying to get it lower, he builds up for an IMPOSSIBLE-to-fail attack. this brings me to my most important point.

Damage capability
huh, who says that ice doesnt do a lot of damage?? first off, they have the best blade out of all school out there. While most school's blade is 35%, theirs is a 45%, add to this traps, balance's three blades (the spell you learn), and other boost, then you have a deadly snow angel, or frost giant. while he was doing quest with me in science center, he most of the time did 1200 with snow angel....WITH THE FIRST HIT!!! now just a reminder, snow angel supposedly do 100 (first hit) plus 600 over three rounds. well he's able to change that 100 to 1200!! an di also saw him do over 2,000 damage with frost giant!!dont get me wrong! i have the best gears fr my level that gold in the game can offer, they cost me about 30,000gold to buy them all. so i "supposedly" have good stats, but i can hardly to this kinda of damage ( over2000) with fire dragon. I would need fire blad+the three blade (balance spell)+wylfire+traps. And i know it takes storm wizards a while before they can build up to do great amount of damage, so how is ice differ from storm or fire in term of power?? oh wait, i know...ice has a lot more heath.

i could really go on and on, but this post is starting to be really long.

In resume, I wanna that this is something that king isle NEEDS to fix, or i'm out of the game. and this isnt a personal conviction, i've met a lot of wizards who feel that ice is way overpowered. I dont feel like startin gan ice wizard. And I SHOULDNT have to. but this is too much!

Mastermind
Feb 16, 2009
doudjy wrote:
let me start off by saying that this is NOT a pvp complain or situation. so do NOT look at it this way.

First, I am grandmaster fire wizard. Kevin Fireheart (level 58_with efreet ). But this isnt about only about fire wizard. it's about every other school that I know, being the under dog compared to ice. Even though i am just level 58, i have been playing this game for over a year (yes!!). I stopped once for over three months. And i spent 2 months when i couldnt level up because i wasnt a member. In addition, college really keeps me busy. So I know this game a big deal!

AS stated before, this isnt a pvp problem, or situation. I do not pvp that much, I spent 98 percent of the game doing quests. And the other 2 percent chatting. Before celestia came out, and the level cap was added. I was proud to be a VERY proud to be a fire wizard. Even though, storm was told to be the school with the strongest spells, I always felt like fire was the most powerful school. (maybe that was just my pride). but in any case, outside of the game, KI (or people here) says that the schools are "balanced", and that there really no real "most powerful school". And I believed that was true. Not because i was told so, but because I experience it first hand. Ice had huge health and defense, but they lacked in strong spells and the ability to do strong damage, and it was the inverse for fire and storm wizard.

Now that new gears, level cap, spells, and world have been added to the game. There is no doubt that ice has become EXTREMELY overpowered at the expense of other school in the game, which is is really unfair to all of us who also pays to play

Before one starts bashing at me, and calling me complainers. stop for a minute! I am not pvp fan, this isnt a pvp issue. let's take an example. I have a very good ice friend in the game. we are the same level 58, and he always helps me. but hm let me give you our situation.

first, we thought that the game was balanced because even though ice had the highest amount of natural life, they also did the lowest damage. Storm could do huge damage, but their health was really really low. (i dont feel like stating every school, but you get the pic. Life low damage, but good health and ability to heal etc...).

Because ice has the highest natural health and defenses in the entire game, making it possible for them to do high amount of damage, just makes them riducoulsy overpowered....back to me and friend (as a comparison)

Health
he has over thousand more health than I do. one might say, well it's ice! but, do you know how many pips it takes to do 1000 damage??? it's takes 6 pips for an helephant + blade + boost (mine being at 46 for my school only). so that would make us even, or would it??
considering this, it takes me 3 turn to get 6 pips. considering ice's huge defense rate (especially against fire and storm). plus during this 3 turn, they will have shields (tower shields and fire/storm shield) so you can kiss that 1000 damage good bye. even if you have traps on, it wouldnt work.

Accuray
he has 19 points of accuracy. 19!!! I tell you, so he cannot possibly fizzle. mean, does that even make sense?? to make it impossible for someone who already have HUGE defense and health impossible to fizzle. That means that you will get attacked no matter what.
I have 13 points, and i had to sacrifice boost and defense to get that 13 points. And that does not mean that i dont fizzle. so while ice wizard can have great health and great defenses, and STILL have HUGE amount of health, we other school has to sacrifice boosts/defenses/better critical/etc to get high accuracy.

Boost/Defenses
it's already known that ice have the BEST defenses gears in the game. And they have huge health! i mean are you kidding me???? I have to choose between boost/defense or ( slightly better) health, while they can have great defenses, and still have HUGE health. THIS BY NO MEANS IS FAIR!!

Power Pips this is the only advatage i have over my friend. while i have an 82%, his is liike a 60%. but does that really make a difference. he already has huge health, so while you're wasting your time attacking his great defense and trying to get it lower, he builds up for an IMPOSSIBLE-to-fail attack. this brings me to my most important point.

Damage capability
huh, who says that ice doesnt do a lot of damage?? first off, they have the best blade out of all school out there. While most school's blade is 35%, theirs is a 45%, add to this traps, balance's three blades (the spell you learn), and other boost, then you have a deadly snow angel, or frost giant. while he was doing quest with me in science center, he most of the time did 1200 with snow angel....WITH THE FIRST HIT!!! now just a reminder, snow angel supposedly do 100 (first hit) plus 600 over three rounds. well he's able to change that 100 to 1200!! an di also saw him do over 2,000 damage with frost giant!!dont get me wrong! i have the best gears fr my level that gold in the game can offer, they cost me about 30,000gold to buy them all. so i "supposedly" have good stats, but i can hardly to this kinda of damage ( over2000) with fire dragon. I would need fire blad+the three blade (balance spell)+wylfire+traps. And i know it takes storm wizards a while before they can build up to do great amount of damage, so how is ice differ from storm or fire in term of power?? oh wait, i know...ice has a lot more heath.

In resume, I wanna that this is something that king isle NEEDS to fix, or i'm out of the game. and this isnt a personal conviction, i've met a lot of wizards who feel that ice is way overpowered. I dont feel like startin gan ice wizard. And I SHOULDNT have to. but this is too much!

Now, let me see if I have everything.

You're upset because Thaumaturges have higher health now, better accuracy, higher defenses, better cards (that's questionable), and all-round better stats?

Then why don't you make an Ice Wizard.

You don't have to stare at the cake in envy if you have the opportunity to take a piece for yourself. I, myself was in awe at what Thaumaturges could do, so you know what I did? I made a new Thaumaturge and MAN am I loving it! Nothing's keeping you from doing the same thing, unless you have six wizards who you love and can't bear to let go.

Mastermind
Jul 26, 2009
Wow. Most people think the opposite.
And if this isn't a pvp problem, why are you upset about it?

Adherent
May 20, 2010
Survivor
May 25, 2009
Hey, I'm a level 60 ice Wizard and yes, we ice wizards have a lot of health, right now my health is over 4000 and my resist is like 30%, but the only really good spell i have is Snow Angel, before i got that spell I did horribly in combat. I dont think that I'm overpowered though, each school has it's strengths and weaknesses, plus right now i cant play Wizard101 because my desktop is literally about to die out Just please try to appreciate each school more

Aaron Goldenflame ~ Level 60 Thaumaturge

Survivor
Jul 11, 2009
Ok, if this isn't a PvP thing, then why are you going to quit over it. Also, my storm has 78% attack boost, with the possiblity of getting even higher boosts once I start training another pet. I am a walking feint. So, is storm overpowered also?

Survivor
Apr 03, 2010
It takes three turns to get six pip's? I usally start with four, and the next round I have six. One more I got efreet. For solving the tower sheild problem, keep fire elves in your deck, or heckhound, or, or, sorry there are alot to choose from.

Explorer
Mar 28, 2010
doudjy wrote:

First, I am grandmaster fire wizard. Kevin Fireheart (level 58_with efreet ). But this isnt about only about fire wizard. it's about every other school that I know, being the under dog compared to ice. Even though i am just level 58, i have been playing this game for over a year (yes!!). I stopped once for over three months. And i spent 2 months when i couldnt level up because i wasnt a member. In addition, college really keeps me busy. So I know this game a big deal!

Health

Accuray

Boost/Defenses

Damage capability

Every school has their own good and bad points. Ice is built around defense, and they have REALLY underpowered attacks, so it balances out. And Kingsisle isn't going to fix this since there isn't anything that needs to be fixed.

So stop complaining and whining because no one wants to hear it.

~Allison Dawnblood, Level 60 Diviner

Mastermind
Aug 01, 2009
I agree with you on this! I would like to know why they get 2 back to back hit all enemies spell, with one stunning and the other doing DOT. I seen someone say they have weak spells?? I think not.. I would love to get 2 hit all enemy spells back to back!..

Mastermind
Aug 01, 2009
Your subject is just a fact. Whether people want to agree or not. This may not be a pvp subject- Highest pvp players are basically ice across the board. It's the truth.

Survivor
Oct 17, 2009
doudjy wrote:

Health

Accuray

Boost/Defenses

Damage capability

I half agree with you here. I recently started doing pvp a lot, and found that in a 1v1, ice wizards are by far the hardest opponents, at least for me as a diviner. I'm legendary, so I normally go against lvl 58-60 opponents, and I think that it's these levels that really change the balance.

1. The ice lvl 58 gear has a higher resist than a full commander gear set.
The main problem here is that ice gets the resist of commander gear, with the health boost of the ice gear. The way the commander gear was supposed to work was that you get the resist, but lose the health. However, ice gets the best of both worlds here. A typical legendary ice without a heartsteel or defender pig has 37% resist universal and about 3600 health. WITH a heartsteel, the resist jumps up to 42%, and stack the 10% universal resist that Kevin Battleblood got from his defender pig when I checked his stats at a party, he managed to get boomer to 10% resist universally. So ice can reach 52% resist universally, a permanent tower shield. Now, if ice had snow angel WITHOUT the DoT effect, I wouldn't be complaining so much. But of course, ice has the DoT effect, making them nearly mpossible to effectively shield. Because of their high defense, ice can easily take the time to stack up all their bubbles, blades, and traps, and then hit you with a double snow angel. Because I'm a diviner, I have to hit fast or die, and it's easy to defend a storm because all of our attacks are DD, or direct damage. Recently, I found a way to get by this with a storm hound that i got as a drop from malistair, and then use a storm elf to clear away shields and let the 1000 dpr hound go to work. However, ice can resist half the damage, and overload the shields. I once used a fully boosted storm hound with a feint on each hit, and only managed to get the ice down to about half health. At half health, the ice still had more health than me at full...
So yes, I agree, if you don't know how to fight them right, ice can be overpowered. But why complain if you don't pvp?

Delver
Aug 13, 2010
ENOUGH! I don't know how many more post I will see saying Ice is over-powered. This is only in PvP. Like another post said, why does it matter in PvE? I am sick and tired of repeating myself and seeing others do that. If you don't like Ice and can't beat them, join them or quit PvP. Problem Solved.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
I'm confused by what your asking KI. It sounds like your asking KI to nerf or depower your ice friend that you group with. Et tu, Brute?

Explorer
Jul 05, 2009
Sorry i didnt have enough time to answer each one of you, but i will try to answer all of you in this single post.

first I said that it's not a PvP issue personally. Since i dont play pvp that much, did you expect me to come here and lie about how i get defeated by ice all the time?? no! I am not going to lie. Since i gave up pvp a while ago, it's not a problem personally. HOWEVER, how many people complain for ice being overpowered in pvp??? just because i am not one of them, DOES NOT mean that the problem doesnt exist.

@superwiz1560, as i said earlier in my first post. I should NOT have to start ice wizard if i dont want to. Fire (and lightning) was already my favorite element BEFORE i started playing the game. and your statement is just foolish! imagine if everybody who felt the same way I did all started play with ice. how fun would the game be??? oh, and from what I know, KI didnt create the game so if you're not happy with something, you leave it. It created, so ALL the school would be "BALANCED". which apparently, isnt the case!

@ the two posts after that, a lot of people who are already legendary spend most of their time pvp in the game. Basically, they PAY just to have access to pvp. so tell me how fair it is to them??? how fair is to be paying for a game (pvp) that is unbalanced, and favors one school at the expense of the others. oh and why am i complaining if this isnt a pvp issue?? well because ICE is just about the only school that can solo CL. They have MASSIVE health and defenses, so they can suffer great amout of damage while preparing for an UNSTOPPABLE hit. fire, storm, death, myth, balance (maybe life is an exception) cannot possibly solo CL. Even so, most of the bosses and monsters in CL (the game in general) are storm, fire, death school. so these school who already have low health have to fight though bosses in the game, which are in the same school as them.

@ AlexE04, yea you say how many boost you have. but why you dont tell us how many health you have?? I've seen legendary storm with just over 2,200 health. they sacrificed their helth for a good boost, so what? they still dont have much defenses. With the best gear for fire wizard right now at level 58, my boost is about 42%. yes, i can try to get it higher than that. But I woul dhave to sacrifice the 24% defense i have against storm and ice, accuracy, and my health. while ice doesnt have to sacrifice their health for anything! which is already great!

@ Amethyst45, yes i know the old saying. ice has good health and defenses, but lol attack, bla bla. but hey, you said that they have really underpowered attack? haha wow, have you been playing lately. Ask anybody, any decent ice wizard can make snow angel deadly in just two turns. I personally have seen my ice friend does over 1200 damage with snow angel in the FIRST HIT! so basically he can make a spell that supposedly do 100 in the first hit to do over 1200! 1200!! the bosses he attacked did not survived long enough for me to see how much damage the spell did each round. and how many turns did it take him to do that mch? just about 4! and he did not use any traps. I am sure that he did not break a record with that kinda of damage. I've heard people say that they saw snow angel did way much in pvp. so tell where is the balance in this?? why is a school that's already have HUGE AMOUNT of health and defenses capable of doing this much damage?? oh and i forgot, ask and storm and fire wizard in the game, they'll tell you how precious good accuracy is, and how difficult it is to obtain without sacrificing things like health, boost, defenses, critical rating, power pips etc..
while an ice wizard can afford the luxury of having 19points of accuracy, which makes it IMPOSSIBLE to fizzle. last time i checked my common sense, accuray was still an attribute of attack. so why is ice have the highest accuracy in the game, when they already have great health/defenses, and capable of doing pretty good damage?? again, you tell me how "balanced" is that?

@blackholenova, noboby here, whether ice or nor can argue against the fact that ice has THE BEST gear in the game. I'm really starting to wondering if the people at KI, dont have ice wizards in the game themselves. Cause i dont get, how a school can be favored that much at the expense of the others. Bottom life is, they have:
-Better gears than ANY other school
-they probably have the LEAST bosses of their school to fight against
-better starts overall

@santaiceburg, first off, when i created this thread, i did NOT expect any ice wizard to agree with me. i mean, your school now rocks all of the others. why would you now be happy?? why would you be complaining?? you dont even the sacrifices that, us, other school have to do, just to get close to your AWESOME stats. so plz, be in joy. But dont tell us not to complain, because you feel so good about your school being overpowered.

and I dont get it, when people say that "if this isnt a pvp issue then dont complain, or why is it a problem"? or "quit pvp". seriously, do you know how many people play this game JUST to pvp. they PAY MONEY, just to have access to ranked pvp. so dont you dare tell them to quit, if they dont like it. they PAY money, just like you do. and they have the right to complain if they feel like the system isnt protecting them. why do you think most of the legendarys now, that dnt have anymore quest do?? so do go around and tell people that they cant complain when they PAY their money! :x

Champion
Jan 23, 2009
sounds simply like your friends is talented as an ice wizard. Ice is cool, but its not the greatest in fact the attacks are really small and in celestia the thing is its not really about resist its about critcal block.

In any event i would take everyones advice and start an ice wizard. I have one their fun. lol

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
doudjy wrote:
Because ice has the highest natural health and defenses in the entire game, making it possible for them to do high amount of damage, just makes them riducoulsy overpowered....

I disagree. I'll break down the why as we go.

doudjy wrote:
Do you know how many pips it takes to do 1000 damage???

For fire at level 58? It takes 3 pips with a single fire blade and a gargantuan (trained, not treasure) sunbird for damage in the range of 1024 - 1143. That's with no pets, standard gear at the bazaar, and no real special tricks of any kind. Oh, and I'd like to add that you cast that at 94% accuracy as well.

doudjy wrote:
he has 19 points of accuracy. 19!!!

This is not typical. The standard ice gear you can buy at the bazaar only gives you 9%. He may have bred a pet for accuracy (good on him cause he's either lucky or has a lot of patience for this), but if he went with crafted gear (which can give you +16% ice targetting, then he loses ALL of his resist.

doudjy wrote:
I have to choose between boost/defense or ( slightly better) health, while they can have great defenses, and still have HUGE health. THIS BY NO MEANS IS FAIR!!

Ice typically gives up accuracy, damage boost (for the lowest base damage spells in the game I might add), and power pip chance for that big health and resist. As illustrated with the crafted gear, to get real accuracy ice has to give up all its resist or use special tricks with pets and whatnot. All those special compensating tricks can be applied to every other class as well to minimize their specific weaknesses.

doudjy wrote:
Power Pips - this is the only advatage i have over my friend. while i have an 82%, his is liike a 60%. but does that really make a difference.

Yes, it does. With your huge accuracy and damage boosts in gear (and healthy resist to ice and storm I might add), you can heal with your white pips and cast huge damage spells in the same amount of time it takes your ice friend to blade, blade, blade again, and then a few treasure blades, oh don't forget all the towers so you don't die along the way, (oh no where's that heal when I need it?), and then boom, kills everyone.

doudjy wrote:
huh, who says that ice doesnt do a lot of damage??

No one says they can't do a lot of damage, what they do say is that they HAVE to buff a lot to do real damage.

doudjy wrote:
first off, they have the best blade out of all school out there. While most school's blade is 35%, theirs is a 45%,

There is one amulet you can craft that gives you a single +45% blade. Every school but ice has more boost than this on their gear. The trained Ice blade is 40%, just like life and death. You can garden for treasure blades which I believe are 45%, but again, the same applies for life and death as well. In fact, I think that every school's treasure blades are 5% higher than the trained version.

doudjy wrote:
add to this traps, balance's three blades (the spell you learn), and other boost, then you have a deadly snow angel, or frost giant. while he was doing quest with me in science center, he most of the time did 1200 with snow angel....WITH THE FIRST HIT!!! now just a reminder, snow angel supposedly do 100 (first hit) plus 600 over three rounds. well he's able to change that 100 to 1200!! an di also saw him do over 2,000 damage with frost giant!!dont get me wrong! i have the best gears fr my level that gold in the game can offer, they cost me about 30,000gold to buy them all. so i "supposedly" have good stats, but i can hardly to this kinda of damage (over 2000) with fire dragon. I would need fire blad+the three blade (balance spell)+wylfire+traps. And i know it takes storm wizards a while before they can build up to do great amount of damage, so how is ice differ from storm or fire in term of power?? oh wait, i know...ice has a lot more heath.

Your friend is likely using gargantuan to boost the spell. I know I do. Using the same method, a gargantuan (trained version) fire dragon with a single fire blade and standard gear will do 1088 + 913 over three rounds. With a wand and your power pip chance, that means you can typically cast this on round 3 of combat. If you combine it with something like the star spell amplify (ie. fire blade, amplify, gargantuan firedragon), you will do 1252 + 1050 over three rounds. There is also a TON of ice enemies in Celestia, all of which you boost against. What you described above means a minimum of three enemies, so at least three rounds for traps, another 2 for blades (at least), possibly more for additional buffs, vs. you casting kill damage on round 3.

Bottom line, for level 58 gear that you can buy at the bazaar, hat robe and boots for fire total:

+612 health
+30 crit
+30 crit block
+19% fire target
+46% fire damage
+36% ice/storm resist

for ice:

+885 health
+30 crit
+30 crit block
+37% resist all
+9% ice target
+28% ice damage

You can do lots of mixing and matching, special tricks, etc, but the real difference is in using astral spells in conjunction with your gear. You should have absolutely no trouble in outpacing ice in terms of damage and the speed for delivery of that damage in terms of rounds to kill. If that isn't the case, then perhaps you can post information about how you have your deck set up, the spells you've learned, your gear and pet stats, etc, and we can help you sort out some changes to make you more effective.

Explorer
Jul 05, 2009
kingurz wrote:
I'm confused by what your asking KI. It sounds like your asking KI to nerf or depower your ice friend that you group with. Et tu, Brute?

After having read your answer, I wished that common sense was something they sold at the market. too bad, though. Anyway, ever heard of what an example is? I singled out my friend as an EXAMPLE. what did you expect me to do, pull out the names and stats of every ice wizards in the game??
KI has to fix this one way or another. I dont work at KI, so I'm not here to propose how to solve it. when people were complaining about storm's wild bolt unfairness. they didnt say what do with it, I personally read the thread that said "fix the wild bolt problem, or I'm done with wizard101". that person didnt say how to fix it. But KI came out and fixed. they created the game, so they know better how to fix stuff.

Mastermind
Feb 16, 2009
Sorry, I accidentally submitted my post before it was completed. Anyway, continuing from my last post, that's what you said. I'm very confused about this... It sounds like you're saying:

"KI didn't make this game for perfectionists; KI made this game for PERFECTIONISTS! Those are clearly two different words!"

Of course, I may have interpretted that wrong. If you could elaborate, that would be nice.

In conclusion, your 'retort' to my friendly, helpful suggestion has failed. If you'd like to make another, more friendly, comment to discuss your ideals with me so I can better understand them instead of throwing them in my face, I'd appreciate it very much.

Jack Fireheart Level 60 Pyromancer (gasp!) and Friendly, Helpful Suggestor

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
Hmm. 100 initial damage boosted all the way to 1200? Wow!

I had a Myth wizard. I was not too happy with modified low damage with ineffective stuns (against like half of all the mobs), or low multi-hit attacks. Definitely not too happy to have my minions become useless.

I envied Storm's raw power. Leviathan does over 1000 damage, and removes to charms ontop of it. I initially complained too, but tell you what.

I made me a Storm wizard, and leveling and training it instead. Simply make an Ice wizard if you would feel more spiritually 'attuned' to it than fire. Playing with a wizard that you really feel connected to brings gameplay to a whole new level.

Historian
May 01, 2010
it is actually very believable to get ice angle over 1200 without traps, was this the setup?
1 elemental blade-35%
1treasure elemental blade-40%
1 ice blade-40%
1 ice blade (crafted)-45%
1 balefrost-25%
1 gargantuaned ice angle? (350 initial attack
and plus the gear bonus-33%?

it has a good chance of going over a thousand, but i doubt it was in 4 or so turns
that goes for around 1100-1200
or did he just go critical?

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
doudjy wrote:
now just a reminder, snow angel supposedly do 100 (first hit) plus 600 over three rounds. well he's able to change that 100 to 1200!!

Ok, so... this thread came up on my radar again and this particular line caught my eye. I thought I'd go ahead and take another look. The idea here is to avoid using treasure cards. You also didn't post your friends exact stats here, so I'm just going to wing it... Using trained gargantuan, Snow Angel goes from 100 + 660 to 213 + 773. Using standard gear boost of 28% ice damage, I would need that special blade with +45% to come up, a standard ice blade, an elemental blade, and balefrost in order to get the initial hit up to 1008 (his mileage will vary) with damage of 1220 per round for the next 3 rounds. So, to do a ground total of around 4664 damage over 3 rounds, your friend needs 4 rounds of setup and a healthy dose of luck in getting that +45% card when he needs it. Also, because of his power pip chance, there is a healthy chance that he will still have to wait another round to cast this spell.

Let's contrast this to fire. Trained gargantuan on Fire Dragon gives take you from 440 + 351 to 553 + 464. Using standard gear boost of +46% fire damage, you add Fire blade, elemental blade, and wyldfire to do 1839 on round one and 514 per round for the next three rounds. So, a grand total of about 3379 damage to all, with three rounds of setup, almost no way you don't have enough pips after setup, and no special timing required. But hey, because of the nature of this comparison, it really isn't all that fair is it... I mean, the ice had 4 rounds of setup and benefited from the random chance of a highly unlikely single card showing up exactly when he needed it. So let's introduce treasure fire blades from gardening. After all, treasure cards are consistent. A treasure fire blade is +40%, so lets throw that into the mix. Now Fire Dragon does 2575 on the initial strike, and 720 per round after for a grand total of about 4730.

Now look, I know it isn't a lot more on round 4 (but we have only begun to think about tricks and ways of boosting damage here), but the scenario for either is highly unlikely because the enemies aren't going to just stand there and do nothing. They'll cast weakness (another round to take it off), they'll shield, they'll use star spells, they'll attack, etc... Ice might be able to shield, buying time to cast the boosts that they NEED to cast to do damage, but as illustrated in both this and my previous post, Fire can be in range of kill damage in a very short amount of time, leaving time to defend and heal. Also, lets not forget about bosses. The best single hitter spell that ice has is colossus. The most base damage you can get it to is 790 (if it hits as hard as possible) with a treasure gargantuan card. Helephant exceeds that with an amulet or strong card. You have to do real setup for a long time to get in one hit kill range (less time for fire due to gear damage boost). I sure hope the boss doesn't cast an ice shield in the meantime.

Do you see where I'm going? Does this make sense? Do you still think Ice is overpowered?

Delver
Aug 13, 2010
@santaiceburg, first off, when i created this thread, i did NOT expect any ice wizard to agree with me. i mean, your school now rocks all of the others. why would you now be happy?? why would you be complaining?? you dont even the sacrifices that, us, other school have to do, just to get close to your AWESOME stats. so plz, be in joy. But dont tell us not to complain, because you feel so good about your school being overpowered.

Do you get my point? I complain about tons of stuff, everyone does. We may not share it, but we all do. I complain that Death and Myth are underpowered. I mean Medusa will stun two rounds. Death will do 1010 damage in all, but lets not forget about shields, resist and weakness. Medusa does 70 more than Orthrus. As unfair as that is, you whine about Ice. I whine about it on other characters that I have. I whined when I was little. WE ALL WHINE! So now, continue to bawl, soon you'll realize that all schools are overpowered, yet underpowered.

Defender
Sep 28, 2010
colagada wrote:
If you don't PvP, why is Ice's being overpowered a problem?

Its unfair too every one else too you know.I agree with him too ice is over powered there health is high they have a big universal resist.There snow angel does too much damage easily a guy used blade on his angel with nothing else and it did like 800 too me.Everyone else too this does not evan include the damage over time.It was around 3000

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
I agree, and I hear you. You tell people that it's not about PvP and other things like that and you tell them not to say something cause you have already covered it. But people are going to say it anyway so don't bother telling them not to. Why would he start a wizard of his opposite school that he is proud of? Anyway, there are also allot of other things unfair, such as life and death 58 gear, life gives 36 myth and death resist and death is the same in damage and pips and all EXCEPT death gives 45 life resist (this is apparently not about pvp!!! ). And storm now has more accuracy than life at 95%. KI has overdone it with this gear.

Survivor
May 16, 2009
Actually, I have NEVER had a problem with ice. Not even in pvp, sure they resist a lot and stuff but think of it this way. Ice barely criticals! So if you wanna complain, fine with me because I have beaten around 110 ice? Something like that. Ice isn't overpowered, they have high resists and health because snow ange; can easily NOT do 760 base with no enchants. One or 2 tower shields and the attack is kind of wasted. Plus they go with balance and they blade treasures and real and all kinds of stuff, bubble and gargantuan. Then angel does 1,000 first hit or something like that. But think their power boost is ONLY 28%, as I recall, storm's boost can go up to 71%, I have seen it, it's like a permanent feint for them. Fire, the highest I have seen was 53%, I have it lol. :) :) :D The life boost, 56%, HIGHER than ice and fire. Then death boost, I have seen 52% by my friend's gear. Then myth, what like 50% or something, I don't know the number exact but I think if you round it, it rounds to 50. Then balance has a 56% boost, I have seen it in pvp.

I think that ice isn't overpowered at all, it is just defense and health, I mean seriously, if anything change the permanent feint of storm especially because if you don't resist, leviathan will do over 2,000 without any shields too.

Dylan StrongBlood level 60 pyromancer
Ryan StrongBlood level 52 sorcerer
David StrongBlood level 12 conjurer
By the way, my fire is a warlord in pvp and he has faced ice warlords and won so ice being overpowered? I don't think so!