Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New Spell Ideas

AuthorMessage
Delver
Dec 06, 2009
Professor Greyrose wrote:
Every single post is moderated and read by a KingsIsle employee, so yes, we are listening!

Hmm ... Are my spells ok? Do they look like they can fit into the wizarding world? I need feedback (Not unless moderators can't do that), really badly, Because then I would know why these spells would be posted. I worked a very long time on these spells, and I did it for the benefits of all players on this game ...

- Oran Titanrider, Grandmaster Thaumaturge
"We've all been noobs before ..."

Delver
Dec 06, 2009
My newest spells are going to be taken under revision, it'll probably take about half a week.

Delver
Dec 06, 2009
To many wizards, this is just a game. To me, this is inspiration. This is the key to all problems, this game is the greatest Game I have ever played before in my life. To see this game, thoughts swirl back and forth, from the days of Mooshu, all the way to the opening of Celestia. I fell in love with this game early, and my love is still strong. For you other wizards, please, I ask of you to post, read, comment, and ask on this. I want these to make the charts, I want to see me in the future helping out in this game for gamers like you. Please return the favor!!! :D

"We've all been noobs before ..."

Defender
Sep 28, 2010
2 be honest i dont like the fire basilsk spell seriously enough with the dot.Here is my fire spell idea for rank 9.

*Lavagiant rank 9 fire does 950 fire damage 2 all enemies and gives all enemies 3 smokescreen that takes away 55% accuracy on the next spell*You see the ground crack open then the earth shakes the magma seeps up from the cracks then it forms a blob like monster made of lava with its mouth gaping open it has arms it roars before it attacks then it sprays molten lava all over its enemies.

Survivor
Apr 07, 2010
Man! You got so many spell ideas!
I also tried to find a fire spell because i'm a pyromancer.. this might be a bit funny.. but what if a spell like:

Fire Spell Name: Volcanic Explosion
Number Of Pips: 6
Spell Accuracy: 70%
Spell Damage: Deals 675 Damage For 3 Rounds
Spell Description: When the spell is casted, a volcano appear in the middle, then it will explode magma or lavas to all enemies dealing 675 damage for 3 rounds.

-> Robert EmeraldPyre, Level 47 <-
Doing Skipped Quests In The Game!

Delver
Dec 06, 2009
pyromaniac023 wrote:
2 be honest i dont like the fire basilsk spell seriously enough with the dot.Here is my fire spell idea for rank 9.

*Lavagiant rank 9 fire does 950 fire damage 2 all enemies and gives all enemies 3 smokescreen that takes away 55% accuracy on the next spell*You see the ground crack open then the earth shakes the magma seeps up from the cracks then it forms a blob like monster made of lava with its mouth gaping open it has arms it roars before it attacks then it sprays molten lava all over its enemies.

D.O.T. spells are Fire's Speciality. If you haven't really noticed, there hasn't been an actual strong spell meant for ONE opponent that has a D.O.T. except for Fire Elf. Think about it ...

Delver
Dec 06, 2009
ROBB1005 wrote:
I also tried to find a fire spell because i'm a pyromancer.. this might be a bit funny.. but what if a spell like:

Spell Description: When the spell is casted, a volcano appear in the middle, then it will explode magma or lavas to all enemies dealing 675 damage for 3 rounds.

Thanks!!! I like the idea too. Do you truly like the Volcanic Basilisk Spell? I need feedback ...

Mastermind
Nov 04, 2010
icewing43 wrote:
ROBB1005 wrote:

Thanks!!! I like the idea too. Do you truly like the Volcanic Basilisk Spell? I need feedback ...

Um does he mean 675 for ALL 3 rounds? If so, thats a total of over 1500 damage (which what was what my first spell on here did UNDER) then thats a little offensive. LOL.

Delver
Feb 18, 2010

Oh yeah, will Kingsisle notify if they have used your ideas? I just want to know because it would be cool to see that they did. Hopefully these ideas can help expand the way of strategy and spell casting.

i sure hope they do, otherwise it would be called plagiarism. (sry if i spelled that wrong)

Delver
Dec 06, 2009
SuperSaiyan5000 wrote:
icewing43 wrote:
ROBB1005 wrote:

Um does he mean 675 for ALL 3 rounds? If so, thats a total of over 1500 damage (which what was what my first spell on here did UNDER) then thats a little offensive. LOL.

I think he meant for it to be 675 Over Three rounds (Which is 225 Fire Damage each turn), but I could be wrong ...

Delver
Dec 06, 2009
I have finally re-modeled my Newer Spell Ideas, go check them out on my other thread.

Delver
Dec 06, 2009
kaleeraisen wrote:

Oh yeah, will Kingsisle notify if they have used your ideas? I just want to know because it would be cool to see that they did. Hopefully these ideas can help expand the way of strategy and spell casting.

i sure hope they do, otherwise it would be called plagiarism. (sry if i spelled that wrong)

Thanks for the notice. How do you like the spells?

Delver
Dec 06, 2009
Explorer
Sep 01, 2010
Spell name: Deep Freeze. 7 pips
Ice.
Breaks all ice shields but does not effect the spell., Steals all + blades.
Hurts everybody 90+ 900 over three rounds. Gives everybody on casters side an ice blade.

Ice: 7 pips
The helpful colossus.
This is a global effect.
Increases the percentage that the ice people inside the bubble will get critical.
Hurts the caster 25+ 75 over three rounds. Hurts the enemies 300+ 700 over three rounds. And summons an ice gaurdian

Survivor
Dec 04, 2009
My spell idea is instead of everyone having to have a rank:9 spells
how about a fusion? e.g colossus fusions with trition and makes a brand new card which both players have to choose the target it may be casted :)

Hope you like......

Kiley Rainbowflower :D

Survivor
Feb 22, 2009
These are all good spells but i think you will like mine, the spell is fire its named fury magician and it deal 750 damage plus he steals all your wards and gives it to the user. Hoped you guys liked it!

Survivor
Nov 21, 2009
Survivor
May 20, 2010
hey guys i wanna make a few spells and powerups for some new ideas like myth -bigfoot 700-800 and its 80%
then balance super judgement is 200 x per pip and 90 %
and life is super regen 200- 1900 per round and is 70 %
thats all i got for now

Delver
Dec 06, 2009
Explorer
Nov 14, 2010
icewing43 wrote:
Hey guys, I'm just here trying to post some new spells and things. Hope you like it!! :D
Please comment and ask Quesitons.

Fire
Spell Name: Volcanic Basilisk
Spell Accuracy: 75% (this is the accuracy of fire)
# of Pips: 9
Spell Description: Deals 290 Damage straight on (to one opponent only), and then adds two D.O.T. spells, the first one 115 Base damage over three turns, and the second one 150 Base damage over three turns. That's a total of Base damage. Once the Spell successfully hits, the target is "Wounded" the Basilisk's bite and will be harmed immediately after the battle with 350 Points of Fire Damage, plus every 4 Turns until the battle ends. Criticals count on the aspects of ALL D.O.T. spells.

Fire
Spell Name: BlazeFury
Spell Accuracy: 95%
# of Pips: 3
Spell Description: Caster can see what the target is using for Three rounds.

Fire
Spell Name: Sun Trap
Spell Accuracy: 90%
# of Pips: 1
Spell Description: It gives a 20% Trap to Fire on the target, and wards the Caster with a -30% Shield for Fire.

Death
Spell Name: Werewolf
Spell Accuracy: 85%
Spell Description: Deals two attacks. First attack deals 250 Damage and converts 2x damage to health. Second attack is 640 and converts half the health to the caster. That will be a total of 890 Damage (Base) dealt to the target and a total of 820 Health dealt to the caster. After this spell hits successfully, the man-wolf breathes heavily on the target, creating a type of “fear” between the caster and the target. This “Fear” prevents the target from harming, trapping, stunning, debuffing, stealing/removing (wards, auras etc.), and any other interactions with the caster for two straight turns in a row.

Death
Spell Name: Lich (It is nothing like a Wraith in any way or shape, look it up)
Spell Description: Deals 580 (base) Damage to all opponents on the other side. Distributes half of the damage to health for every single ally on your side, so each ally would receive 290 (base) after the spell, including you.

Death
Spell Name: Affliction
Spell Description: Removes all Healing spells over time from the Target.

Death
Spell Name: Suffer
# of Pips: 5
Spell Description: Once casted, a dome (Global spell) appears over the whole battle triangle. Unless changed, the effects of this spell are 65 points of Death damage deducted from everybody on the Battle Triangle per turn.

Death
Spell Name: Death’s Impact
Spell Description: Once casted, a black Charm will be placed on the target. The charm will not trigger until the target heals, or is getting healed by an ally of the target. When that happens, the charm will disappear, and whatever health that was supposed to be dealt will be transferred to damage.

Life
Spell Name: Valkyrie (I chose the name not because it is a messenger of Death, but because they are from Asgard, the "Heaven" in Norse Mythology. Because of this, they are sort of Angelic. I've always thought Life magic had an angelic side to their spells.)
Spell Description: Deals 635 (base) damage to single opponent. After spell hits successfully, the target is “deafened” by the Valkyrie’s song and will not be able to heal for two turns in a row. If the target tries to heal, it will work just like a stun.

Life
Spell Name: Natural Protection
Spell Description: Once the caster casts it on his/her own side, a Ward appears on the target. If anybody on the other side tries to harm the target with the ward attached, the damage will be transferred to health. The ward will stay on for three turns. It can be pierced by Myth spells and/or Stolen by Ice Spells.

Life
Spell Name: Caladrius (A white bird that is known in Mythology for curing diseased nobles and peasents)
# of Pips: 7
Spell Description: This spell has a little concept taken from the Death Spells. It deals a Healing spell of 850 Health to one player, and then converts half the health to damage to an opponent on the other side.

Life
Spell Name: Life’s Grace
Spell Accuracy: 100%
# of Pips: 7
Spell Description: Once casted, it gives the target a charm that will float above one’s head. The charm is not triggered until the death of the target. Once the Target is defeated, the charm will disappear and distribute 800 Health to the defeated target, reviving him automatically.

Myth
Spell Name: Griffin/Gryphon
Spell Accuracy: 80%
Spell Description: Three attacks in one spell. First attack is 50 Damage.
Second attack is 250 Damage, and the last attack is 650 Damage.
So it would look like this.
50+250+650 for a Total of 950 (Base) Damage to a single opponent.

Myth
Spell Name: Hundred Handed
# of Pips: 8
Spell Description: Deals a total base damage of 10+615 Myth Damage to all opponents on the other side.

Myth
Spell Name: Cleanse
Spell Description: Cleanses the target from all D.O.T. Spell that are currently active to the target.

Myth
Spell Name: Reverse
Spell Description: You can change the starting position of the battle triangle at will.

Ice
Spell Name: Great Bear/Ice Bear/ Giant Bear etc. (Amarok probably wouldn't work because it would look too similar to the Ice Hybrid pet you get when you mix Collosus and Orthrus.)
Spell Description: Deals a base number of 580-640 (base) Damage to a single opponent. After the spell is casted, the Bear roars ferociously at the target, creating a light blue charm over the target’s head. The charm will not be triggered until the target uses a spell. The charm is based off of the number of pips the target uses in his next spell, and would deal 50 Damage per pip the other uses (This does NOT contribute to the amount of power pips the target has, just the basic pip value, so the highest # of damage the charm COULD do is 450). The charm works only one time and will be created again if the same spell is used.
Ex. You cast the bear onto the opponent (It’s 1v1 obviously), and it deals 660 Damage. The opponent in the same turn attacks you back with a kraken, but before the opponent casts the spell, the charm will activated and will deduct 200 health from him (Because 50x4 is 200.) added onto the original attack. (I can't really go lower than the damage I have on there because Collosus is just 20 points under, it would be a waste of pips then.)

Ice
Spell Name: Galaxy Shield
Spell Accuracy: 95%
# of Pips: 4
Spell Description: Creates a -65% Shield to all schools on the target. It will not block any attacks that are Rank 3 or lower. Meaning, It will only block Rank 4 Spells or Higher.
Ward Appearence: Similar outlook to the "Tower Shield" for the School of Ice, just to make it stick out, it will be colored a bright gold.

Ice
Spell Name: Shieldstorm
# of Pips: 1
Spell Description: Once casted, a -25% tower shield goes to all of the players on your side of the triangle.

Ice
Spell Name: Reflection
# of Pips: x (Based on how many pips you use, it Reflects 125 damage per pip)
Spell Description: Reflects Damage 125 per pip.
Ex. You cast Reflection; you had two (normal) pips. That is 250 Damage that will be reflected. The opponent casts Fire cat on you, and it does 120 damage. The Damage will hurt you, but will also hurt the caster of the fire cat as well.

Storm
Spell Name: Heavy Fog/Heavy Mist, etc.
Spell Description: Creates a Dome (ex. Balefrost, Wildfyre, Sanctuary, etc.) over the opponents’ side only that would lower the accuracy of the opponents by 25% for 3 turns. This is between the Aura Aspect and the Global Aspect of general spells. It only affects the opponents' side of the field.

Storm
Spell Name: Charybdis (The Fatal Whirlpool in the Odyssey)
Spell Description: This spell is both an AoE spell and a Single Target Attack spell, though the form of which it deals damage is at random. It will either deal 970 Damage to a Single opponent and cancels the current Aura Spell they have around them, or it will simply do 735 Damage to all opponents. It works like this, when you are ready to cast the spell, you will be able to pick a target. If the spell happens to be a target attack spell, then the target you picked would be the target it strikes at. But if it's an AoE spell, then it will simply deal damage to all other players on the field.

Balance
Spell Name: Equillateral Blast
Spell Description: The Equillateral Blast deals a total of 125 Damage of each school onto the Target.
125 Fire Damage
125 Storm Damage
125 Ice Damage
125 Balance Damage
125 Myth Damage
125 Life Damage
125 Death Damage
For a total of 875 Damage (base) overall.

Balance
Spell Name: Doom Blade
# of Pips: 2
Spell Description: Somewhat similar to the feint effect. Creates a 30% Debuff on the caster and places a 65% Debuff on the Target.

Balance
Spell Name: Sphinx
Spell Description: Deals 615- 655 Damage (Base) and removes all of the target's pips.

Balance
Spell Name: Equality
Spell Description: Deals Spiritual Damage.
First attack is Death, dealing 245 (base) damage and converting half to your health.
Second attack is Life, dealing 190 Life Damage.
And third Attack is Myth, dealing 50+240 Myth damage.
That's a total of 725 Damage.

I love your second and thirds of allyour spells,Honestly the forst ones were kinda unbalanced

Survivor
Nov 21, 2009
i love these spells, these are professional material. there may be some tincy errors on some spells you could change, but overall these are awesome.

Survivor
Nov 21, 2009
These spells would be perfect for the coming of a new world and a upcoming level cap. The side spells could also be gained along the way during the main quest of the storyline. Though, I don't think KI will be creating for a while. They need to use these though, too good to pass up ...

Delver
Dec 06, 2009
Well I'm finally back. I have some other ideas that Kingsisle could maybe try to consider. Ruggz, I liked the support you showed me, but they'd have probably came up with other ideas for spells By Now. I'm going to revise Volcanic Basilisk.

Survivor
Jul 27, 2010
Just an idea but if there are gonna be Rank 9 Spells, maybe Rank 10 Spells and so on there should me more room for pips. Like when I was fighting Luska I couldn't do anything for a couple of turns and would have well over 14 pips saved up to do big damage in a few turns or possibly heal a few wizards. But with that out of the way I think that if there is going to be a Rank 9 Fire Spell, it should be a field spell...

Spell Name: Thermic Assendance
Spell Accuracy: 60% (accuracy for all new Rank 9 Spells?)
Number of Pips: 9
Spell Description: A breeze flows about in the wind. Then suddenly there is a loud "bang". In the middle of the battle field a swirling vortex of flames is present and fades away revealing a skeleton knight in flames with a full set of armor with pyromancy written all over it(its a form of expression, there is nothing written on his armor). He raises his right hand toward each opponent in sequence and the vortex of flames return, swirling around them each doing 875-915 damage plus -35% damage to next attack.

I just came up with it as I went along, and I know it is appropriate for fire wizards since I am a level 60 pyromancer with experience of their spells.

Survivor
Apr 17, 2011
Professor Greyrose wrote:
Every single post is moderated and read by a KingsIsle employee, so yes, we are listening!

wow kinda scary