Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New Spell Ideas

AuthorMessage
Delver
Dec 06, 2009
Please comment and ask Quesitons.

Fire
Spell Name: Volcanic Basilisk
Spell Accuracy: 75%
# of Pips: 9
Spell Description: Deals 435 Damage straight on (to one opponent only), and then adds two D.O.T. spells, the first one 115 Base damage over three turns, and the second one 200 Base damage over three turns. Once the spell hits successfully, the target's next three blades are stolen and given to the Caster.

Fire
Spell Name: BlazeFury
Spell Accuracy: 95%
# of Pips: 3
Spell Description: Caster can see what the target is using for Three rounds.

Fire
Spell Name: Sun Trap
Spell Accuracy: 90%
# of Pips: 1
Spell Description: It gives a 20% Trap to Fire on the target, and wards the Caster with a -30% Shield for Fire.

Death
Spell Name: Werewolf
Spell Accuracy: 85%
Spell Description: Deals two attacks. First attack deals 250 Damage and converts 2x damage to health. Second attack is 640 and converts half the health to the caster. That will be a total of 890 Damage (Base) dealt to the target and a total of 820 Health dealt to the caster. After this spell hits successfully, the man-wolf breathes heavily on the target, creating a type of “fear” between the caster and the target. This “Fear” prevents the target from harming, trapping, stunning, debuffing, stealing/removing (wards, auras etc.), and any other interactions with the caster for two straight turns in a row.

Death
Spell Name: Lich
# of Pips: 8
Spell Description: Deals 580 (base) Damage to all opponents on the other side. Distributes half of the damage to health for every single ally on your side, so each ally would receive 290 (base) after the spell, including you.

Death
Spell Name: Affliction
Spell Description: Removes all Healing spells over time from the Target.

Death
Spell Name: Suffer
# of Pips:4
Spell Description: Once casted, a dome (Global/bubble spell) appears over the whole battle triangle. Unless changed, the effects of this spell are 65 points of Death damage deducted from everybody on the Battle Triangle per turn.

Death
Spell Name: Death’s Impact
# of Pips: 4
Spell Description: Once casted, a black Charm will be placed on the target. The charm will not trigger until the target heals, or is getting healed by an ally of the target. When that happens, the charm will disappear, and whatever health that was supposed to be dealt will be transferred to damage.

Life
Spell Name: Valkyrie (I chose the name not because it is a messenger of Death, but because they are from Asgard, the "Heaven" in Norse Mythology. Because of this, they are sort of Angelic. I've always thought Life magic had an angelic side to their spells.)
Spell Description: Deals 635 (base) damage to single opponent. After spell hits successfully, the target is “deafened” by the Valkyrie’s song and will not be able to cast a life spell for two turns in a row. If the target tries to cast a life spell, it will work just like a stun.

Life
Spell Name: Natural Protection
Spell Description: Once the caster casts it on his/her own side, a Ward appears on the target. If anybody on the other side tries to harm the target with the ward attached, the damage will be transferred to health. The ward will stay on for three turns. It can be pierced by Myth spells and/or Stolen by Ice Spells.

Life
Spell Name: Caladrius (A white bird that is known in Mythology for curing diseased nobles and peasents)
# of Pips: 6
Spell Description: This spell has a little concept taken from the Death Spells. It deals a Healing spell of 850 Health to one player, and then converts half the health to damage to an opponent on the other side.

Life
Spell Name: Life’s Grace
Spell Accuracy: 100%
# of Pips: 7
Spell Description: Once casted, it gives the target a charm that will float above one’s head. The charm is not triggered until the death of the target. Once the Target is defeated, the charm will disappear and distribute 800 Health to the defeated target, reviving him automatically.

Myth
Spell Name: Griffin/Gryphon
Spell Accuracy: 80%
Spell Description: Three attacks in one spell. First attack is 50 Damage.
Second attack is 250 Damage, and the last attack is 650 Damage.
So it would look like this.
50+250+650
After the spell hits successfully, the Griffin weaknesses the Target over three rounds. First round, the weakness is 25%, 2nd round 30%, and 3rd Round is 40%.

Myth
Spell Name: Hundred Handed
# of Pips: 8
Spell Description: Deals a total base damage of 10+615 Myth Damage to all opponents on the other side.

Myth
Spell Name: Cleanse
Spell Description: Cleanses the target from all D.O.T. Spells that are currently active to the target.

Myth
Spell Name: Reverse
Spell Description: You can change the starting position of the battle triangle at will.

Ice
Spell Name: Great Bear/Ice Bear/ Giant Bear etc. (Amarok probably wouldn't work because it would look too similar to the Ice Hybrid pet you get when you mix Collosus and Orthrus.)
Spell Description: Deals a base number of 580-640 (base) Damage to a single opponent. After the spell is casted, the Bear roars ferociously at the target, creating a light blue charm over the target’s head. The charm will not be triggered until the target uses a spell. The charm is based off of the number of pips the target uses in his next spell, and would deal 50 Damage per pip the other uses (This does NOT contribute to the amount of power pips the target has, just the basic pip value, so the highest # of damage the charm COULD do is 450). The charm works only one time and will be created again if the same spell is used.
Ex. You cast the bear onto the opponent (It’s 1v1 obviously), and it deals 660 Damage. The opponent in the same turn attacks you back with a kraken, but before the opponent casts the spell, the charm will activated and will deduct 200 health from him (Because 50x4 is 200.) added onto the original attack. (I can't really go lower than the damage I have on there because Collosus is just 20 points under, it would be a waste of pips then.)

Ice
Spell Name: Galaxy Shield
Spell Description: Creates a -65% Shield to all schools on the target. It will not block any attacks that are Rank 3 or lower. Meaning, It will only block Rank 4 Spells or Higher.
Ward Appearence: Similar outlook to the "Tower Shield" for the School of Ice, just to make it stick out, it will be colored a bright gold.

Ice
Spell Name: Shieldstorm
Spell Description: Once casted, a -25% tower shield goes to all of the players on your side of the triangle.

Ice
Spell Name: Reflection
# of Pips: x (Based on how many pips you use, it Reflects 80 damage per pip)
Spell Description: Reflects Damage 80 per pip. (2X max in deck)
Ex. You cast Reflection; you had two (normal) pips. That is 160 Damage that will be reflected. The opponent casts Fire cat on you, and it does 120 damage. The Damage will hurt you, but will also hurt the caster of the fire cat as well. Resistance on the Caster of the Reflection also counts.

Storm
Spell Name: Major Cleanse
Spell Accuracy: 75%
Spell Description: Cleanses all Negative charms on the selected target. Only targeted on allies.

Storm
Spell Name: Heavy Fog/Heavy Mist, etc.
Spell Description: Creates a bubble spell over the opponents’ side only that would lower the accuracy of the opponents by 25% for 3 turns. This is between the Aura Aspect and the Global Aspect of general spells. It only affects the opponents' side of the field.

Storm
Spell Name: Charybdis
Spell Accuracy: 70%
Spell Description: This spell is both an AoE spell and a Single Target Attack spell, though the form of which it deals damage is at random. It will either deal 970 Damage to a Single opponent and cancels the current Aura Spell or Polymorph they have around them, or it will simply do 735 Damage to all opponents. It works like this, when you are ready to cast the spell, you will be able to pick a target. If the spell happens to be a target attack spell, then the target you picked would be the target it strikes at. But if it's an AoE spell, then it will simply deal damage to all other players on the field.

Balance
Spell Name: Equillateral Blast
# of Pips: 10
Spell Description: The Equillateral Blast deals a total of 125 Damage of each school onto the Target.
125 Fire Damage
125 Storm Damage
125 Ice Damage
125 Balance Damage
125 Myth Damage
125 Life Damage
125 Death Damage

Balance
Spell Name: Doom Blade
Spell Description: Somewhat similar to the feint effect. Creates a 30% Debuff on the caster and places a 65% Debuff on the Target.

Balance
Spell Name: Sphinx
Spell Description: Deals 615- 655 Damage and removes all of the target's pips.

Balance
Spell Name: Manticore
Spell Description: Deals Spiritual Damage.
First attack is Death, dealing 190 damage.
Second attack is Life, dealing 190 Life Damage.
And third Attack is Myth, dealing 190 Myth damage.

Balance
Spell Name: Spiritual Blast
Spell Description: Deals either 365 Life Damage, 440 Death Damage, or 550 Myth Damage.

- Oran Titanrider, Grandmaster Thaumaturge

Delver
Dec 06, 2009
Oh, and I have a question, if any would indulge me. Does Kingsisle go over this? Do they look at this stuff for ideas?

-Oran Titanrider, Grandmaster Thaumaturgist

Administrator
Explorer
Oct 01, 2010
Delver
Dec 06, 2009
Professor Greyrose wrote:
Every single post is moderated and read by a KingsIsle employee, so yes, we are listening!

Thanks for the answer, hope you like them!! :D

Delver
Dec 06, 2009
Professor Greyrose wrote:
Every single post is moderated and read by a KingsIsle employee, so yes, we are listening!

(Ha, in the game you're my teacher.) I have but one more question. Will there be Rank 9 Spells for the New World of Wintertusk? Or just side spells? It didn't really say in any of the sites I checked, and If it did, then I must have missed it.

Defender
Feb 17, 2009
Some of these are pretty good, but sacrifice is already taken, it is when you take 250 damage to deal 700 health.

Thomas Swiftthistle, Legendary Ice.

Delver
Aug 10, 2009
For Fire I think it should be a dragon king, because the dragons started the Fire school.

Delver
Dec 06, 2009
eioofh wrote:
Some of these are pretty good, but sacrifice is already taken, it is when you take 250 damage to deal 700 health.

Thomas Swiftthistle, Legendary Ice.

Thanks for the notification, I'll get right on that.

Delver
Dec 06, 2009
dolor456 wrote:
Wow, you must have done a lot of research beacause thats a lot of spells.

Thanks!! :D

Delver
Dec 06, 2009
This is directed to everybody, I don't want to be the only one posting ideas here. I want everybody to join in and have some fun with your imagination. Create as many spells as you can! No matter how wacky they seem to be :D

Survivor
May 30, 2009
i got some ideas

Fire

Name: Volcano Blitz
Accuracy: 75%
Pip Cost: 9
Description: A volcano rises and then a metoer strikes the top and everyone takes 800 damage

Demon Lord
75 accuracy
9 pips
A demon comes out of the lava and takes and axe out
it slices once dealing 50 damage then it slices again dealing 100 damage
Finnaly it crashes the axe down dealing 870
All together it deals 1020

Dull Burn
Accuracy: 75
Pip cost: 5
A spark falls on the target dealing 0 damage. Gives DOT for 3 turns
First(Normal): 0
Second: 10
Third: 20
Final: 700
overall: 730 over 3 rounds

Explorer
Mar 18, 2009
I have two spell ideas.

The first is a "build your own" trap/blade. It would come as a freebie from your school, but with the option of adding ANOTHER school (total 2 traps/blades), so you can use that secondary school a bit more.

The second is a " Spirit Hound". Think Hydra, but Spirit (Life, Myth, Death). Appearance would be a three headed dog. Yes I know there is already 2 headed dog (Orthrus). It would work in exactly the same way as a Hydra. Three hits, one of each Life Myth and Death. This would be awesome for the Spirit schools, and Balance.
Sidenote. My husband has a Grand Balance and he thinks this a great idea.

Squire
Apr 30, 2010
Historian
May 01, 2010
could you put the ice spell's side effect different, cause this is what i am thinking, a balance(fire)[storm] is getting ready for judgement(heckhound)[tempest] and the ice is going first, so the ice casts great bear and the other player cannot do anything about the 1300 base damage (not counting blades and traps!!!) coming theyre way (600+700 from the 14 pip spell) and if timed right and the ice survived (which no offense but 7 times out of 10 they will) they will have 4 pips left, the one more power pip and boom collosus for the kill
because if the ice stacks up right they will probably have a repeat blade and then collosus will be able to kill.

also the death spell lich seems like a combo of madusa and wraith but no stun shields (fear is basically called stun)thus would (maybe) bring a rise in chain stunning in pvp back.
also deaths impact is that a death only spell, cause if it is then ice will fall into the shadows and death will rise, (do we really have to 2 over powered school complaints?) because we already have infection (-50% of heal) and then death will turn heals into damage (really that seems like a pvp only spell, thats where he will use it) in the wild, there is only one place that i can find use for that spell, against cuthalla (and his insane satyr XD)

also balances shinx, yes it will be good against cl bosses in trial of spheres (where they start with full fack) but definitly would tip the pvp scale. and i think the equality is a very good idea (maybe the life part could heal some XD) also, what if someone sacrifices themself and dies, i can see 1500 health in their future (message bored pvp time bomb lol)

hmmm reflection, that seems like a pretty cool spell, nice idea

other than those epic ideas

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
Very nice ideas, most of them don't seem to overpowered. (The funny part is that I probably like them becuase half of the effects from spells I have thought of before meaning that if I like these, I like my own ideas as well.)

Delver
Dec 06, 2009
slammer111 wrote:
could you put the ice spell's side effect different, cause this is what i am thinking, a balance(fire)[storm] is getting ready for judgement(heckhound)[tempest] and the ice is going first, so the ice casts great bear and the other player cannot do anything about the 1300 base damage (not counting blades and traps!!!) coming theyre way (600+700 from the 14 pip spell) and if timed right and the ice survived (which no offense but 7 times out of 10 they will) they will have 4 pips left, the one more power pip and boom collosus for the kill
because if the ice stacks up right they will probably have a repeat blade and then collosus will be able to kill.

also the death spell lich seems like a combo of madusa and wraith but no stun shields (fear is basically called stun)thus would (maybe) bring a rise in chain stunning in pvp back.
also deaths impact is that a death only spell, cause if it is then ice will fall into the shadows and death will rise, (do we really have to 2 over powered school complaints?) because we already have infection (-50% of heal) and then death will turn heals into damage (really that seems like a pvp only spell, thats where he will use it) in the wild, there is only one place that i can find use for that spell, against cuthalla (and his insane satyr XD)

also balances shinx, yes it will be good against cl bosses in trial of spheres (where they start with full fack) but definitly would tip the pvp scale. and i think the equality is a very good idea (maybe the life part could heal some XD) also, what if someone sacrifices themself and dies, i can see 1500 health in their future (message bored pvp time bomb lol)

hmmm reflection, that seems like a pretty cool spell, nice idea

other than those epic ideas

Thanks for the Constructive Criticism.

- Oran Titanrider, Grandmaster Thaumaturgist

Delver
Dec 06, 2009
If any would Indulge me, I have a question that has been bothering me for some time. The New world of Wintertusk, will it be released with just side spells or the new Rank 9 Spells. I didn't see it on their website or on these forums, so if somebody can answer, please do.

Oh yeah, will Kingsisle notify if they have used your ideas? I just want to know because it would be cool to see that they did. Hopefully these ideas can help expand the way of strategy and spell casting.

Delver
Dec 06, 2009
Here are some changes to the Spell originally called "Sacrifice".

It's new name will be called Suffer.

-Oran Titanrider

Delver
Dec 06, 2009
Oh, and I will trying to be working on the Animations for the Rank 9 Spells only. I'm just delayed right now because I am currently finishing up a short story for the Wizard101 Creative Writing thing. Oh, and by the way, when are they going to update the Creative Writing Section, I'm waiting until so I can submit my story lol.

- Oran Titanrider

Survivor
Apr 20, 2010
icewing43 wrote:
Hey guys, I'm just here trying to post some new spells and things. Hope you like it!! :D
Please comment, ask, and post ideas of yours as well.

Fire
Spell Name: Volcanic Basilisk
Spell Accuracy: 75% (this is the accuracy of fire)
Spell Description: Deals 400 Damage straight on (to one opponent only), and then adds two D.O.T. spells, the first one 190 Base damage over three turns, and the second one 400 Base damage over three turns. That's a total of 990 Base damage.

Death
Spell Name: Werewolf
Spell Description: 600 Damage to (single) opponent, convert 2x of the damage to health. After this spell hits successfully, the man-wolf breathes heavily on the target, creating a type of “fear” between the caster and the target. This “Fear” prevents the target from harming, trapping, stunning, debuffing, stealing/removing (wards, auras etc.), and any other interactions with the caster for two straight turns in a row.

ALSO

Spell Name: Lich (It is nothing like a Wraith in any way or shape, look it up)
Spell Description: Deals 580 (base) Damage to all opponents on the other side. Distributes half of the damage to health for every single ally on your side, so each ally would receive 290 (base) after the spell, including you.

ALSO

Spell Name: Death’s Impact
# of Pips: 5
Spell Description: Once casted, a black Charm will be placed on the target. The charm will not trigger until the target heals, or is getting healed by an ally of the target. When that happens, the charm will disappear, and whatever health that was supposed to be dealt will be transferred to damage.

Balance
Spell Name: Sphinx
Spell Description: Deals 615- 655 Damage (Base) and removes all of the targets pips.

ALSO

Spell Name: Equality
Spell Description: Deals Spiritual Damage.
First attack is Death, dealing 245 (base) damage and converting half to your health.

Second attack is Life, dealing 190 Life Damage.

And third Attack is Myth, dealing 50+240 Myth damage.

That's a total of 725 Damage. (the animations for this spell wouldn't be too long if they did it along the same animations as the Hydra)

Life
Spell Name: Valkyrie (I chose the name not because it is a messenger of Death, but because they are from Asgard, the "Heaven" in Norse Mythology. Because of this, they are sort of Angelic. I've always thought Life magic had an angelic side to their spells.)
Spell Description: Deals 635 (base) damage to single opponent. After spell hits successfully, the target is “deafened” by the Valkyrie’s song and will not be able to heal for two turns in a row. If the target tries to heal, it will work just like a stun.

ALSO

Spell Name: Life’s Grace
# of Pips: 7
Spell Description: Once casted, it gives the target a charm that will float above one’s head. The charm is not triggered until the death of the target. Once the Target is defeated, the charm will disappear and distribute 800 Health to the defeated target, reviving him automatically.

Myth
Spell Name: Griffin/Gryphon
Spell Description: Three attacks in one spell. First attack is 30 Damage.

Second attack is 230 Damage, and the last attack is 630 Damage.
So it would look like this.
30+230+630 for a Total of 890 Damage.

ALSO

Spell Name: Reverse
Spell Description: You can change the starting position of the battle triangle at will.

Ice
Spell Name: Great Bear/Ice Bear/ Giant Bear etc. (Amarok probably wouldn't work because it would look too similar to the Ice Hybrid pet you get when you mix Collosus and Orthrus.)
Spell Description: Deals a base number of 580-640 (base) Damage to a single opponent. After the spell is casted, the Bear roars ferociously at the target, creating a light blue charm over the target’s head. The charm will not be triggered until the target uses a spell. The charm is based off of the number of pips the target uses in his next spell, and would deal 50 Damage per pip the other uses. The charm works only one time and will be created again if the same spell is used.
Ex. You cast the bear onto the opponent (It’s 1v1 obviously), and it deals 660 Damage. The opponent in the same turn attacks you back with a kraken, but before the opponent casts the spell, the charm will activated and will deduct 200 health from him (Because 50x4 is 200.) added onto the original attack. (I can't really go lower than the damage I have on there because Collosus is just 20 points under, it would be a waste of pips then.)

ALSO

Spell Name: Shieldstorm
Spell Description: Once casted, a -20% tower shield goes to all of the players on your side of the triangle.

ALSO

Spell Name: Reflection
# of Pips: x (Based on how many pips you use, it Reflects 125 damage per pip)
Spell Description: Reflects Damage 125 per pip.
Ex. You cast Reflection; you had two (normal) pips. That is 300 Damage that will be reflected. The opponent casts Fire cat on you, and it does 120 damage. The Damage will hurt you, but will also hurt the caster of the fire cat as well.

Storm
Spell Name: Heavy Fog/Heavy Mist, etc.
Spell Description: Creates a Dome (ex. Balefrost, Wildfyre, Sanctuary, etc.) over the opponents’ side only that would lower the accuracy of the opponents by 25% for 3 turns. This is between the Aura Aspect and the Global Aspect of general spells. It only affects the opponents' side of the field.

Here's an addition of more spells I came up with.

Spell Name: Charybdis (The Fatal Whirlpool in the Odyssey)
Spell Accuracy: 70%
Spell Description: This spell is particularly an AoE spell (which means this spell does damage to everybody on the other side). Though, the amount of damage it does relies on how many people are on the other side.
1 Person on the other side- Damage dealt is 530
2 People on the other side- Damage dealt is 630
3 People on the other side- Damage dealt is 730
4 People on the other side- Damage dealt is 830

I have also expanded on some of the other spells for Wizard101.

For the School of Balance

Spell Name: Equillateral Blast
Spell Description: The Equillateral Blast deals a total of 125 Damage of each school onto the Target.
125 Fire Damage
125 Storm Damage
125 Ice Damage
125 Balance Damage
125 Myth Damage
125 Life Damage
125 Death Damage
For a total of 875 Damage (base) overall.

Death
It's a Global spell, and I don't exactly know if it would be just for Death only, but here it is ...

Spell Name: Sacrifice
Spell Description: Once casted, a dome appears over the whole battle triangle. Unless changed, the effects of this spell are 65 points of Death damage deducted from everybody on the Battle Triangle per turn.

Life

Spell Name: Caladrius (A white bird that is known in Mythology for curing diseased nobles and peasents)
Spell Description: Deals a Value of 1000 to One player.
First turn (Beginning Heal): 400 Health
Second Turn: 300 Health
Third Turn: 200 Health
Fourth Turn: 100 Health

Here's another type of Spell I forged up, hope you like it as well.

Spell Name: Natural Protection
Spell Description: Once the caster casts it on his/her own side, a Ward appears on the target. If anybody on the other side tries to harm the target with the ward attached, the damage will be transferred to health. The ward will stay on for three turns. It can be pierced by Myth spells and/or Stolen by Ice Spells.

Fire
Spell Name: Sun Trap
Spell Description: It gives a 20% Trap to Fire on the target, and wards the Caster with a -30% Shield for Fire.

Spell Name: BlazeFury
Spell Description: Caster can see what the target is using for Three rounds.

These are the updated Spells for now, refer to this chart and my other for any questions or comments about any of the spells.

I think there sould be a little thing befor the dome aperes in the storm spell like ortharus, storm lord, firezilla or scarecrow

Delver
Aug 10, 2009
I think your idea for the Fire school is a little off, I think it shoul be a Dragon King. Because the Dragons started the Fire school.

Dragon + Crown + Bursting out of a Volcano = AWESOME:D

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
Here's one I was thinking about... a new star spell, cast on an enemy, called nullify. For 4 rounds it would nullify all gear bonuses (and only gear). In theory, you should be able to use it on bosses as well as an alternative to prisms. Bye bye high school resist! lol. Of course, they would be able to override it by casting another start spell on themselves, since you can only have one at a time anyway. :D But still, I smell a new strategy.

Explorer
Sep 01, 2010
Fire: Lava Lord. Hurts everybody 670 to 900 in fire attack and gives a fire blade to everyone on casters side

Explorer
Sep 01, 2010
Ice accuracy 85%
Spell Name. Avalanche
You see a giant mountain and a blizzard is forming. You hear a giant roar and a monster pops up on the top of the mountain. Then it stomps its foot and rocks and ice fall down and hit people causing 690 to 890 ice damage. :D