Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Everything in the game is wacky now!

AuthorMessage
Hero
Jan 24, 2010
So, I just tried to play Wizard for the first time since last night's update. Tried is the operative word here, as I could not do much of anything in the game. First I could not go into Stormriven, where I am currently questing. I was finally able to get through the door, but there were no mobs to fight. The few I saw were frozen. Then I could not go home, to the CL base camp, port to friends, use any form of chat, change wizards, or even log off. I had to use the task manager in my computer to shut down the wizard graphical client.

Has anyone else been having such problems today? Is this all due to the update?

This is weird, as I have never had such problems with this game before :(

Anyone have a suggestion for me?

Thanks in advance,

Iridian, Scarlet, Rowan

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
queenlybluebean wrote:
So, I just tried to play Wizard for the first time since last night's update. Tried is the operative word here, as I could not do much of anything in the game. First I could not go into Stormriven, where I am currently questing. I was finally able to get through the door, but there were no mobs to fight. The few I saw were frozen. Then I could not go home, to the CL base camp, port to friends, use any form of chat, change wizards, or even log off. I had to use the task manager in my computer to shut down the wizard graphical client.

Has anyone else been having such problems today? Is this all due to the update?

This is weird, as I have never had such problems with this game before :(

Anyone have a suggestion for me?

Thanks in advance,

Iridian, Scarlet, Rowan

Yes, but mostly in the pet pavilion when I am trying to level a pet. The maze appears to freeze although I am able to close it but everyone including my wizards are invisible. It froze at one point when I was in battle and could not get out. I had to actually reboot since I could not log out. When I try to log out I too have had to use Task Manager to close it out. Had to do this 3 times in a couple of hours.

I am like you queenlybluebean, I have never had this kind of problem before. And it all seems to have started with the last couple of maintenance shut downs.

Does anyone have any answers to this problem? We would like to know.

Fallon WinterLeaf

Survivor
Mar 02, 2011
I am also having issues since the update. My character was fine when I logged in but when I went home she disappeared. Her pet is still visible but she is not. I have restarted and even shut down. Going to clear my caches now, but I've never had this problem before.

Administrator
Our wonderful support team can help you - to create a ticket with customer support, simply click the Contact Support button at the top, or email the directly at support@wizard101.com

If you have any questions or concerns regarding game or account matters, please send an email to: support@wizard101.com.
Before you submit a ticket, make sure that the email address associated with your Wizard101 account is valid and that you can check email at that address!

Please send us:
->the account name
->the character name
->as much information about what you encountered as you can
->where possible, your DxDiag file (see below)

NEVER send us:
->your password
->your credit card information

The more information you give up front, the faster your ticket can be resolved.

What is a DxDiag?
A DxDiag is a utility designed to display the specifications of the user's hardware, as well as to test DirectX software, including sound and video. If you are asked for this information in an email, it helps the support group relate your gaming issue to your personal computer.

To create a dxdiag.txt just go to Start -> Run (or Search in Vista) and enter dxdiag and click OK. Once the program has run its course, click "Save all Information" and it will output a txt file that you can attach to your email.

Tickets can take up to 48 hours to receive a response and duplicate tickets can slow the whole process down.

community@wizard101.com
Defender
Sep 28, 2010
Professor Greyrose wrote:
Our wonderful support team can help you - to create a ticket with customer support, simply click the Contact Support button at the top, or email the directly at support@wizard101.com

If you have any questions or concerns regarding game or account matters, please send an email to: support@wizard101.com.
Before you submit a ticket, make sure that the email address associated with your Wizard101 account is valid and that you can check email at that address!

Please send us:
->the account name
->the character name

NEVER send us:
->your password

What is a DxDiag?
A DxDiag is a utility designed to display the specifications of the user's hardware, as well as to test DirectX software, including sound and video. If you are asked for this information in an email, it helps the support group relate your gaming issue to your personal computer.

To create a dxdiag.txt just go to Start -> Run (or Search in Vista) and enter dxdiag and click OK. Once the program has run its course, click "Save all Information" and it will output a txt file that you can attach to your email.

Tickets can take up to 48 hours to receive a response and duplicate tickets can slow the whole process down.
Wonderful i sent a ticket a long time ago atleast half a year ago they said they would fix it but they never did the glitch i had.Where if i polymorph as soon as all the enemies die on that turn.Then the battle ends i have the health of the polymorph.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009

Please send us:
->the account name
->the character name

NEVER send us:
->your password

What is a DxDiag?

Thank you Professor Greyrose. I am aware of the support team as I have used them to resolve some issues. I know that only a very few have responded to this post but I am like the others. I did not have this problem until these last updates. I have checked all of my drivers and all are the most current for my system.

The problem started for me in the Pet Pavilion with all of my wizards which is where I have been spending most of my time the last couple of weeks. I went to Celestia with one of my Legendaries yesterday and had the same thing happen there. The only thing that is visible when this happens is the scenery everyone else including my wizard and pet, mobs, orbs, and quest givers is invisible. Even porting out or changing to a differet wizard does not help. I have to log out if I can and most times I have to use Task Manager to get out of the game or even reboot. I have NEVER had this problem.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009

Please send us:
->the account name
->the character name

NEVER send us:
->your password

What is a DxDiag?

Professor Greyrose, I just tried to submit a ticket for this problem and after getting all the info and a copy of the dxdiag.txt attached, I hit the continue button and it told me that transmission failed. When I hit the back button, of course all the info was no longer there so now I have to start over again. But if the transmission is not going to work, then what do we do.

Administrator
goldendragon18 wrote:

Professor Greyrose, I just tried to submit a ticket for this problem and after getting all the info and a copy of the dxdiag.txt attached, I hit the continue button and it told me that transmission failed. When I hit the back button, of course all the info was no longer there so now I have to start over again. But if the transmission is not going to work, then what do we do.

If you are unable to use the Contact Support tab (it only works in IE and Firefox) you can also send it via email. The support email address is support@wizard101.com

community@wizard101.com
Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
goldendragon18 wrote:

If you are unable to use the Contact Support tab (it only works in IE and Firefox) you can also send it via email. The support email address is support@wizard101.com

I have never used anything but IE. But thanks, I will try the email.

But this same issue happened last night to a friend that I was running with in Celestia. We were able to Chat and she could move around, but she said everyone and everything was invisible. When she got on she told me that she had to reboot just to get out of the game.

This really does not sound like a problem with our computers, but more of a glitch in the game. The most common area that I have had the problem was the Pet Pavilion and I had the same problem when pet pavilion was first introduced to the game. Now the same issue has risen again.

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
Hi Professor Greyrose,

I'm reporting back to say that everything is wonderful now!

Iridian/Scarlet/Rowan

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
goldendragon18 wrote:

Please send us:
->the account name
->the character name

NEVER send us:
->your password

What is a DxDiag?

Thank you Professor Greyrose. I am aware of the support team as I have used them to resolve some issues. I know that only a very few have responded to this post but I am like the others. I did not have this problem until these last updates. I have checked all of my drivers and all are the most current for my system.

The problem started for me in the Pet Pavilion with all of my wizards which is where I have been spending most of my time the last couple of weeks. I went to Celestia with one of my Legendaries yesterday and had the same thing happen there. The only thing that is visible when this happens is the scenery everyone else including my wizard and pet, mobs, orbs, and quest givers is invisible. Even porting out or changing to a differet wizard does not help. I have to log out if I can and most times I have to use Task Manager to get out of the game or even reboot. I have NEVER had this problem.

I finally did get this issue reported to support and as I suspected, I was told that my graphics controller driver is out of date. After spending the last 2 days working on this, my driver is not out of date. It is the lastest available for my graphics. I have run driver scans and even gone to the website of the manufacturer and ran their scan for my system. Since I know of others having this same problem, I would like to know if it is actually a bug in the game.