Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Can't Ra and Forest Lord be a little stronger

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 24, 2010
alanthewizard101 wrote:
If you do not agree with me, do not bother to reply please because this is for people who think Ra and Forest Lord could be a little stronger. If you feel like you have to reply to disagree, please tell me why you disagree. Ok, so I think these two spells could be boosted just a little more or add an additional effect. I think Forest Lord could be raised to 615-695 Damage and Ra, 640-720 Damage. Let me state my reasons. Correct me if I am wrong, it only costs 1 rank to make a spell damage all enemies example, Lotus Swarm and Sandstorm (almost similar). So just subtract 1 from the rank. Life at rank 7 should at least do 600+ damage and so should balance. I mean just take a look at it. Balance is already 50 points, highest damage, lower in damage than storm! Storm Lord is rank 7, does 690 damage, and has a stun. Yes, I know storm is more powerful but can't balance and life at least be able to reach 690 damage?
I slightly agree I just think Efreet's weakness should be taken away and ra should have the weakness to all enemies, I mean HELLO actual weakness or power nova ring a bell to anyone

Mastermind
Dec 21, 2009
pyromaniac023 wrote:
sunsword44 wrote:
pyromaniac023 wrote:
Well i disagree i have seen ra do over a thousand damage before with just a blade and nothen else not evan a critical.

So have I, I do it all the time. But I've seen Levi hit two million... even though its just to one guy, its still a lot more than a thousand to four enemies.
I did a efreet with over 2 million XD

Well that's kinda the point. Ever see ANYTHING from Life or Balance hit 2mil?

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
sunsword44 wrote:
pyromaniac023 wrote:
sunsword44 wrote:
pyromaniac023 wrote:
Well i disagree i have seen ra do over a thousand damage before with just a blade and nothen else not evan a critical.

So have I, I do it all the time. But I've seen Levi hit two million... even though its just to one guy, its still a lot more than a thousand to four enemies.

Yeah, lol, I have, with a Centaur and a couple of good ol' treasure cards. But, I do admit, Balance is a little too lacking buffs.

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
alanthewizard101 wrote:
If you do not agree with me, do not bother to reply please because this is for people who think Ra and Forest Lord could be a little stronger. If you feel like you have to reply to disagree, please tell me why you disagree. Ok, so I think these two spells could be boosted just a little more or add an additional effect. I think Forest Lord could be raised to 615-695 Damage and Ra, 640-720 Damage. Let me state my reasons. Correct me if I am wrong, it only costs 1 rank to make a spell damage all enemies example, Lotus Swarm and Sandstorm (almost similar). So just subtract 1 from the rank. Life at rank 7 should at least do 600+ damage and so should balance. I mean just take a look at it. Balance is already 50 points, highest damage, lower in damage than storm! Storm Lord is rank 7, does 690 damage, and has a stun. Yes, I know storm is more powerful but can't balance and life at least be able to reach 690 damage?

I agree and disagree. The Forest Lord and Ra should have a status affect like a trap, stun, blade, shield, etc.

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
sunsword44 wrote:
mman17 wrote:
sunsword44 wrote:
Okay, people keep saying "It does great damage if you add gargantuan balanceblade dragonblade (10 blades later) and amplify"

Hate to bust your bubble, but you don't get it.

If we have Gargantuan (which I don't, another thing) then our opponent can just as easily have Gargantuan. So even though Ra hits high enough to be on par with the rest of the spells (or Forest lord, either way), if the said other spell can be boosted to do just as much more than our spell as it used to.

No I'm not saying Ra should hit as much as Levi and still go to all (That would suck) and I'm not saying we add 500 damage to Forest Lord. Nope I'm just saying we should throw in another 50-100 damage here. That, and what is it with everyone saying something about how Ra shouldn't hit more than Storm Lord? Yep, Storm is high hitting and trigger happy, but you would laugh too if I told you Thunder Snake should start hitting more than a full pip Judgement, just because it's storm. Storm Lord is a rank behind Ra and Forest Lord. Ugh.

Sorry, but no. Balance and Life are just, well, supposed to do lower damage. But, I do agree that maybe KI should add a Weakness or Guiding Light to all friends or all enemies when said spells are used.

There is a post by Professor Greyrose that said BAlance should hit medium damage and life should hit low damage. This doesn't mean massively lower than everything else. Dude, I'm talking 50-100 damage higher here, not a bajillion damage and stun and weakness to all.

I'm a Life Wizard, and a Balance Wizard, one a master, one a legend, and I gotta say, Forest Lord is good enough for me. I really don't get why that damage is not enough. I mean, c'mon! Our last spell was heck, 10x worse than Forest Lord! Forest Lord did more damage than Centaur, plus it hit an AoE. No offense though, I see your point, but still, I think a status affect would be so much better than a waste of an additional 50-100 damage.

Survivor
Jun 04, 2009
bravevline wrote:
alanthewizard101 wrote:
Good idea but I think forest lord should go down to 655 and add a stun and ra should go to 685 and add a -60% weakness to all enemies.
I think a reasonable change would be for forest lord to have 95 more damage plus a stun, and ra to have a 95 more damage plus a 50% fizzle to all enimies

Mastermind
Dec 21, 2009
mman17 wrote:
sunsword44 wrote:
pyromaniac023 wrote:
sunsword44 wrote:
pyromaniac023 wrote:

Yeah, lol, I have, with a Centaur and a couple of good ol' treasure cards. But, I do admit, Balance is a little too lacking buffs.

We have enough buffs just not enough buff that we can use. Hoping the new Wintertusk spell will be one.

Mastermind
Dec 21, 2009
Rizzy07 wrote:
bravevline wrote:
alanthewizard101 wrote:
Good idea but I think forest lord should go down to 655 and add a stun and ra should go to 685 and add a -60% weakness to all enemies.
I think a reasonable change would be for forest lord to have 95 more damage plus a stun, and ra to have a 95 more damage plus a 50% fizzle to all enimies

So Forest Lord would make sure they don't hit us, and Ra would make 50% sure they don't hit us.... The extra damage would be the perfect amount, but I would give both of them a stun.

Explorer
Dec 25, 2010
I am going to agree with this halfway. My dragon dose more damage then my friends Ra and Ra is supposed to be the higher spell. I think Ra definatly needs a boost. I mean bad enough the school doesn't get any converts so why not help them out abit? At least give them something additionally to Ra. The forest lord works really well though because you can add the balance blades AND the life blades to it. So it dosen't need a boost. Ra can't do that you can only use TWO blades unlike the four the other houses get (and they can only use the feints as they don't have house blades). So they get the short end of the stick in battle.

Boost Ra; Don't boost forest lord. They can get it pretty high with the boosts they have already. Balance on the other hand...needs alot of help.

Defender
Sep 28, 2010
sunsword44 wrote:
Rizzy07 wrote:
bravevline wrote:
alanthewizard101 wrote:

So Forest Lord would make sure they don't hit us, and Ra would make 50% sure they don't hit us.... The extra damage would be the perfect amount, but I would give both of them a stun.
Thats over powered

Survivor
Mar 07, 2009
I agree but am completely fine with both my Ra and Forest Lord as I have both legendaries. I never hit below 1800 on a bare hit. It's fine with me...

Defender
Oct 09, 2010
I think Forest Lord should be kept the same (but as a Life wiz I REALLY want it more!) because it's one of the weaker schools, but Balance should be raised. It's really close to Life's damage rate, and Balance has a so-so damage rate. Hope they fix it later.

Survivor
Jun 04, 2009
turtleboy777 wrote:
I agree but am completely fine with both my Ra and Forest Lord as I have both legendaries. I never hit below 1800 on a bare hit. It's fine with me...
Wouldn't you want a extra effect like stun or weakness or dispel, or something? that's my only problem, they should have bonus effects, like other schools, not just a hit.

Survivor
Jan 28, 2011
After reading the back story on RA and how he came to be, you would think he was some kind of unstoppable force. After getting him and seeing him in action I was upset. Not so much as far as damage goes, but the lacking of some special ability. I think to make up for his inadequacy he should attack with a boost effect as if he is hitting with a schools natural weakness. The legend says he created a lot of the spells used today and is made up of pure magic and light. Why not have him hit like hes someone who has mastered all magic and is truly balanced.

Explorer
Nov 14, 2010
addisoncrawford wrote:
With Gargatuan, Ra and Forest Lord do just fine! I actually think they are almost overpowered since it is SO easy with those two to pretty much wipe everyone out (I am speaking PVE, not PVP).

Also, remember Life and Balance have very high natural life amounts and accuracies which Storm does not have. As well as natural healing abilities.

I feel more sorry for Death and Myth who do not get an all attack spell with any power (sorry, Scarecrow just doesn't cut it). Those guys are the losers but hopefully some day they will get a decent all attack spell.

Anyway, I am perfectly happy with Ra and Forest Lord. They rock!
i am going to correct you on something,MOST Balance wizards who are legendary cant find gear with balance accuracy it is really hard. the other day in both pvp and pve i fizzled 10 times! and that was more than my storm friend who always hangs around me.I hope in winter tusk they give balance wizards more accuracy than a storm wizard!

Delver
Aug 13, 2010
trevorking85 wrote:
Sorrry if I'm off topic, but, forget Forest Lord and Ra Snow Angel is the problem It does like 100 more damage than storm lord plus a taunt :x :xJust for one pip more Unfair. I personally think that Snow Angel should be lowered to 70 then 510 ice damage over 3 rounds to all enemies plus taunt. :) :) :)I mean like, remember the last one 475 to all enemies plus stun. KI just gave it a 300 damage boost for one more pip It's klilling everyone in pvp Nobody likes to do pvp against ice in pvp anymore. 3800 health, 37 resist to everything, 9 accuracy, 28 damage, 60 critical rating, 30 critical block rating. :x :xAnd worst of all, Those people dont even have the knife or ring for ice. :-o :-o :-o It all adds up to about 4000 health. And they STILL get a healing boost.

Your's Truly,
Trevor Goldenstaff,
Trevor Dragonstaff

-If u thnk ur pwrfl now, remember wen u were only lvl 2.

Great Idea! I think Snow Angel should be lowered to -100 then -510 over three rounds. I also think Ra should be lowered to -600! Also, Forest Lord? Np problem, we'll make that -350 Damage! Oh, lets wait, and Leviathan should be lowered to -1000! That should do. :)

No no no. Simply no. You see, Ice is based around Defense and Health. Ice needed a change. *sigh* They were the under-dogs before Celestia arrived. Laughing people in PvP saying, "Ha ha, I've seen Imp do more than that Forest Giant of yours noob"! Now, Ice makes up for it's weak attack by Good Resist and Health. Also, anyone can do more than Snow Angel. Lol, it's simple. Learn, then use it. What school are you? Death, Myth? Well whatever you are, you can be powerful. =p

Survivor
Dec 22, 2010
addisoncrawford wrote:
With Gargatuan, Ra and Forest Lord do just fine! I actually think they are almost overpowered since it is SO easy with those two to pretty much wipe everyone out (I am speaking PVE, not PVP).

Also, remember Life and Balance have very high natural life amounts and accuracies which Storm does not have. As well as natural healing abilities.

I feel more sorry for Death and Myth who do not get an all attack spell with any power (sorry, Scarecrow just doesn't cut it). Those guys are the losers but hopefully some day they will get a decent all attack spell.

Excuse me, but Scarecrow & other siphon spells can be enchanted with Gargantuan, Unstoppable, Etc.

So you're wrong with the " Just doesn't cut it " because with my death being level 60, I personally would rather flee than get hit with a Scarecrow from her. Normally my Scarecrow without an enchantment does 784, from 400. So my boost increases it by +384. Do not underestimate any school, remember, gear stats can make a huge difference.

It's the player that counts, not the card that is casted.
- Monica DaisyTail, level 60 Necromancer
- Sabrina RoseSmith, level 48 Theurgist

'Anyone can accomplish anything if they try, just believe in yourself!'

Explorer
Nov 17, 2010
Level 60 Balance here,

60% attack with both blades a 30% trap, and garg.... my ra goes 4k+ critical. never mind adding feint to it. i dont think thats weak.

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
There have been times when I wished Forest Lord and Ra were a bit more powerful, usually when I'm getting stomped by a mean boss in a solo fight. But that isn't often.

Just this morning my Theurgist's Forest Lord hit for 2750'ish with a 40% blade and a 45% blade, and 51% gear boost, without critical. That's pretty nice for 8 pips :) And it handily ended the battle.

Ra is a little more difficult to boost, but my Sorceress regularly hits well over 1000 with a single balance blade and 48% gear boost.

Of course, the huge pip cost for both spells is daunting to a wizard with less than 90% power pip chance. So maybe the strategy is to boost stats in gear, add a blade or two for zero pip cost, and pay careful attention to resist in mobs when choosing a spell.

Since balance doesn't have prisms, I rely on Hydra and Spectral Blast to take out same school enemies. Centaur and Seraph are mainstays in my Theurgist's deck. Gear boost and critical make those low pip spells very powerful, so that I often don't even bother with high pip spells unless they're absolutely necessary and/or will guarantee to take out the entire enemy team.

Oh the math, it's hurting my word-based brain!

Iridian/Rowan

Defender
Oct 31, 2009
I feel like playing both sides of this one. I am a life wizard as main and pretty much the only wizard I play. I dislike Forrest lord more for it's grotesque appearance then it's lack of functionality.

Mesured head to head against storm lord or frost giant the forest lord deals less damage. On top of that storm and ice both stun. So why not give an extra to this spell?

While Ra is also lacking in damage output it is comparable to storm lord and frost giant in damage but again lacks a boost on the end.

Yes there school differences like life and accuracy but the big boost balance has is there is no direct defenses. I can not get a balance shield to block 70 or even 80%.

Then you can look at the additionals that the other schools give. Storm breaks 2 charms on target. Fire puts -90% outgoing. Ice adds a taunt that only has value in PvE. Myth stuns for 2 rounds. So that leaves death life and balance without a bonus.

All the 8 pip spells deal comparable damage overall. However, that is not shown with the multi target spells. Lviathan deals 2000+ to a single target while forest lord deals 2400 or so between 4 targets. So the damage is wasted on a single target fight.

However if it also put a dispel next life spell that would keep the target from healing that next turn as an advantage of using the forest lord.

Ra could use a similar boost like maybe a pierce a positive shield you could possibly use Ra as a minor earthquake type use making it usefull outside the damage.

But then something should also be given to death in this manner unless I'm missing something they gain with skeletal dragon.

Survivor
Sep 12, 2010
addisoncrawford wrote:

um im sry but i kind of took that the wrong way i mean it kind of puts death and myth out there and says there not very strong.

Delver
Dec 06, 2009
norr4687 wrote:
MikeStrath wrote:
I am going to disagree and agree, but I will offer why....now please note I have wizards with both of these spells.

I think you have forgotten to add in blades and trap percentages. With these, Forest Lord comes very close to the Bigger spells with lower boosting percentages.

On the other hand, Ra may be a touch (or more than a touch) underpowered when you toss in the damage modifiers. Maybe...we do have to remember that there are no balance shields, and this is tough to factor in.

My only comment, we can't just look at base damage as we have to consider the bigger picture when you add in shields, traps, blades, spirit blades, etc

Well i dont think forest lord should have a boost either. For the same reasons. you have all kinds of blades to boost with. Also traps and if your lucky enough to have a blance wizard to help boost it even more you have one very awesome attack you can even throw a feint in there to boost it and a curse.

When it comes to ra you can only boost it so much. There are not many ways you can boost balance moves. There is the fient and curse they help to. But I feel that it should be incresed people are always saying there is no shield for balance thats an out right lie. It's the tower shield also there is weakness and it seems to me almost (but not every) bad guy has this. Both of these will mess up a good attack. In PVP you dont even have to be an ice wizard to have tower sheilds with the amulets and if you deside not to waste training points on the new schools or it is your second school. You can easily get tower sheild. Also since blance blades, traps, feints, and curse can be used with any attack including a wand attack. They are wasted trying to get rid of a tower shield or weakness.

Maybe they might increse it or maybe they wont. But As a blance wizard myself I seem to do alright even with all these issues. Well have a great and thanks for taking the time to read my post. :D

There is no Shield for Balance. The Tower shield can block balance attacks, but can also block every single other school as well, extracting the BALANCE ONLY side to everything.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
Granted, Forest Lord is weaker than Centaur, but it's also an all enemy attack.

And granted, if I am wearing armor that has no boosts to it, don't blade, don't trap, don't enchant with something, I do pretty low damage. Especially if the target happens to be life and I didn't use a convert, either. In a scenario like that, I've managed to do less than 300 points with Forest Lord.

But, when he's used with someone wearing armor for their level, and at least boosted a little (say with monsterous), he rarely does less than 1500 points per target.

No need to change him in my opinion.

Survivor
Mar 13, 2011
Oh please plain and simple your life and you want to be able to heal through the roof as well as have powerful all enemy attacks high damage and high hit points absorb and shield...
there is a reason each class has different damage.
life is meant to be a healer , and thus should not be a large damage dealer, if you wanted that you should of not chosen life.

the fact you can however do very good damage attacks and a great all enemy attack is a blessing if we all had equal damage what would be the point to different class abilities, which make each class balanced?

and balance is fine the have great blades to stack they have awsome judgement and now a great aoe too. to name a few.

i could say make my death spell do same as storm because i am death yet im not that deadly..but ....my attacks heal so yeah.. you can heal better than anyone , increasing your damage more than it already is to me is OP! you shouldn't even be a high damage dealer yet life is when you know how to utilize it.

Survivor
Oct 17, 2008
At first when I was reading this I thought adding more damage to Ra was a good idea (As for Forest Lord, well, I don't know. I'm balance so I didn't really have something to compare to, but I trusted whoever wrote this.), but after reading the posts and a bit of thinking I disagree. I heard people saying that Balance had no blade or shield for itself, but if you ask me, Balance is more for support than anything. And don't forget we get Elemental and Spirit shields, which block everything but balance.
As for damage itself, I think it's just fine. You complain it's not about blades, traps, and gear, but I beg to differ. Just a little farming or shopping at the bazaar can go a long way. From some work, I have like 64% boost damage, 20% resist to all but balance and even 10% balance, not to mention heal, critical and block. However, I do think there should be some balance accuracy boost on equipment and some kind of effect for Ra (Dispel 1 random spell to each enemy like the Mighty Judgement card would rock!). Blades, blades, blades. Balanceblade was made to use on any wizard, to boost their power so they can attack. And what about Spirit and Elemental Blades? Plus an amulet blade and/or Bladestorm robe. That's a lot of power from a little work. My conclusion? Work a bit and you could be a force to be reckoned with. I'm sorry if I sounded harsh at all, but this, in my opinion, needed to be said.

Kyle Thundershard, Legendary Sorcerer

"Without balance, there is only chaos."